Bloodborne

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Bloodborne

Postby Raithos » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:00 pm

Got delayed until March 24th. Extra time to finish the witcher now, won't be juggling two time consuming games.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/11/12/bl ... en-delayed
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Raithos » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:32 am

phpBB [video]

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:53 pm

So much god damn blood... hence the name obviously. Even the creatures noises sound they are gargling blood when they roar and shriek, good sound effects though lots of fleshy being ripped aparty noises. You would be traumatized forever if you actually had to kill those things and see that much blood spilled in real life, but my goodness it looks sexy in a game.

Might have to bite on PS4 around tax time, this game looks SIIICCCKKK.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:35 pm

I'm worried by your apparent definition of "sexy."
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:53 pm

So many places I could go right now lol... But I basically just meant the graphics and aesthetics and art direction in this game are incredible.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:49 pm

Just got this from my local game store.

Axm has received a thanks from: Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:32 pm

I miss the days of seeing game posters in store without GAMESTOP plastered all over them.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:26 pm

I guess those days died with independent video game stores. It's kind of sad really, there used to be this road near where i lived that was nicknamed the video game road and had loads of video game stores (around 8 or 9). The only stores that survived today are the 2 belonging to corporate chains.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Raithos » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:35 pm

I went lone survivor, threaded cane and blunderbuss. Shotgun + quick and nimble attacks, plus a ton of vit for when I'm not so quick lol

edit: rerolled and changed my origin to professional. lower vit but higher skill
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:54 pm

I went with violent past, saw cleaver, and blunderbuss. Nothing too fancy, I just wanted to make sure I had reasonable stamina and life to begin with. You can always alter your path as you progress in these games.

I also managed to pretty much create the same looks I made for my Demon's Souls character a ways back. Or at least pretty close.

Great game so far, as expected.
Only issue I have with it is that the load times are a little long for a game that expects you to die over and over. Didn't expect that.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:17 pm

Picking my JP LE version up at midnight tonight.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:04 am

Well Bloodborne is absolutely brilliant.
I'm just in the first area upgrading my initial gear and already its the best PS4 game.
Reason to buy the console if you havent already.

Graphics are top notch.
Soundtrack and effects are lovely.
Story/setting is creepy.
Gameplay is like a fine wine.

Long load times after death are annoying but understandable when you have an open world with no transition loading.

Also find it quite brutal your souls/echos you have to retrive after death can sometimes be on a nearby enemy you need to kill to get them back.

Ive died quite abit trying to be over confident. And the agro radius on these enemies are very large. Basicly if they see you or hear you, most likely they will come get you.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:44 am

Axm wrote:Long load times after death are annoying but understandable when you have an open world with no transition loading.

Eh, I dunno, I find it kind of inexcusable. The graphics are nice from an art design perspective, sure, but on a technical level, it's really just the same basic engine they used for Demon's and Dark Souls, souped up a good deal for the PS4. I don't mind the fact that the graphics are like that at all, as the whole thing looks really good anyway (good ol' From Software art team at work), but there's probably a better explanation for the load times being so long.
Apparently they're working on a patch for that very issue, so I'm sure it won't be a problem for long. But at the moment, it's one of the only things really irking me about it. It kind of kills the fun when you're stuck on a boss, trying to figure it out, and have to wait through a long lull every time you make a mistake.

Also, a bit irritating that you can't directly warp between lampposts; you have to activate the lamppost to warp to the Hunter's Dream, then chose where you want to go from the gravestones and warp back. Eats up time for no reason when you're just trying to fast travel to another part of the map. They should really patch in a menu for more direct fast travel.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:05 am

Ya I agree. Those two things are the only real faults I can give the game right now. Seems patchable. We'll see.

Edit: Looks like From Software is working on it.
"The development team is currently exploring another patch for Bloodborne, seeking ways to improve load time duration, in addition to other performance optimisations and miscellaneous bug fixes," reads a statement sent to Eurogamer.

Also some people out there with fancy SSD's are reporting load times cut in half compared to HDD.

And if you missed my little unboxing..

phpBB [video]

Also excited for Dark Souls 2 Remaster on PS4 as I never picked that game up on PS3 anyways.
All the extra and new content in that seems like it'll make for a very long experience.
Couple that with Bloodborne and I think the PS4 will have enough Souls series games to last a few years.

As of right now I've died quite abit with these two giant dogs and so I took a break to work on the yard outside. Was really refreshing to take a hand shovel to the ground and pull out weeds after dieing abunch. Will probably have an amazing garden by the time I finish this game.

Edit: Got to that first boss. Mother of GOD.

Axm has received a thanks from: OL
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:31 am

At least it's more technically efficient so far for me as opposed to Dark Souls 2 which had bugs up the ass when it was first released. I honestly had to leave the game a day or two until the patch was finally out for it. Easily the most bugged From Software game ever (and to be perfectly honest, some of the enemies in that game are still ridiculously buggy). I don't find the load times as bad as you guys are, personally. The Dark Souls 1 and 2 load times after death were pretty bad too and there's going to be a fix soon enough so it doesn't bother me.

And I hate to show off, but I really am not dying half as much as I was in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, seem to have this gameplay honed down pretty well now. Been using the Molotovs like crazy on the big enemies and really just taking enemies on one at a time with my trusted Axe. The powering up attack is really helpful against the big bastard enemies. Just reached the first boss like Axm and dodging like mad, but of course lost on the first try since he's so darn fast. The atmosphere is amazing, as expected and just spent a 3 hour session on the game, which is a first for a long while. I predict another 3 hour session again tonight...it's great that it's playable on Vita too.

EDIT: Image

Hmmmm...Berserk references already, noticed this one right away.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming