Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:44 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: You playing Nier on New Game+ now, SEF? I'll look forward to your impressions of all of the characters after the second playthrough.

Nah, gonna go back right to the beginning, I missed some things the first time that I need to do. I kinda look forward to it though, it's a pretty fucked up game all the way through so there'll be quite a few bits of morbid hopelessness I'll have forgotten about! :lol: ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:48 pm

shredingskin wrote: Games need more humor.

It's not just for laughs sake, but humor can really show a lot about a person character (and even intellect).

Shenmue needs some humor also, but there isn't anyone that can be whitty, and the writing is pretty much "meh".

Shenmue just has a lot of character's that need more personality. There are the odd exceptions like Ren but the majority of people are just flat and have no character.

You should really watch the trailer for Firewatch if you haven't seen it. I think the humour in it looks fantastic and something other games should seriously try to shamelessly copy. They just drop little jokes into the conversation that sound natural and I imagine it will add nothing to the overall story but a lot to the character.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:05 pm

No idea why, but really looking forward to No Man's Sky. I had a non hype feeling about it, but I wanna play the damn thing so bad!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:31 pm

I FOUND MY VMUs!!!!! I found my Dreamcast Boot disc CD Loader!!!! I got out my DC and was playing Capcom Fighters last night and Puzzle Fighter. But now I dug out my PAL copy of Shenmue II and im about to give it a whirl and see how my Dreamcast does. Thank god I was able to find everything... [-o<

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Sonne2
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:39 am

Sports games have nothing but fucking quiters, cheaters and idiots. Does nobody want to play a match without quiting when loosing, pressing every god damn button to glitch the game out or just do stupid shit for no reason? Waste of time sometimes playing these games online and that goes for alot of other non sports games too. Gonna stick to single player for awhile so I can actually enjoy something.

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Samanosuke Akechi, Thief
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:44 am

Axm wrote: Sports games have nothing but fucking quiters, cheaters and idiots. Does nobody want to play a match without quiting when loosing, pressing every god damn button to glitch the game out or just do stupid shit for no reason? Waste of time sometimes playing these games online and that goes for alot of other non sports games too. Gonna stick to single player for awhile so I can actually enjoy something.

I can understand that completely. Although, I've been getting much more into Virtua Fighter recently, and I would kill to be able to face anybody online -- even if it meant having to deal those kind of gamers.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:01 am

Theirs people playing these games that take stats WAY too seriously to the point they glitch the game to win and all. Why play a game online if its not for the competitive fun of winning and loosing based on your real skill?

With the exception of Rocket League on PS4, (which is bananas fun and I recommend to everyone as its free on PS Plus this month) I am just done with playing online vs. randoms. Friends or nothing here on out.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:40 pm

Axm wrote: Theirs people playing these games that take stats WAY too seriously to the point they glitch the game to win and all. Why play a game online if its not for the competitive fun of winning and loosing based on your real skill?

If you're a loser in the real world, appearing as a winner in the fantasy world probably seems like the next best thing. :-k
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

-

Postby danny » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:14 am

-
Last edited by danny on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danny
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby amiga1200 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:36 am

:-k when the enemy destroyer defenses are neutralized and the manta landed, then pilot of manta is teleported to the destroyer reactor containment chamber...
if i just bug-out immediately, ignore taking out the reactor core each destroyer breached, will i get a bunk ending? :-k (crap score for sure.) always destroyed the cores as a force of habit, then teleported out. (containment chamber becomes unstable and a short amount of time remains to get out without dying first, and lose a manta as a result.)
Uridium 2 - longplay
phpBB [video]
>>>>>>>>>>>>> LAND NOW! >>>>>>....... 8)
[edit]
pos keyboards...
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Got around to playing Silent Hill.

Really a shame it got canned. Hopefully somewhere down the line it will get resurrected.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:26 am

Sega no longer IP blocking users over seas who want to play the English PC version of PS02!
And the game is still free.
I'm downloading it now!

http://pso2.playpark.com/en/Index

Axm has received a thanks from: Thief
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:03 am

I'm tired of gaming genres.

Why can't they mix it up a little ? Why not stopping the shooting for a while to have a chat, fix a car ¿?, try to get a job, etc etc. ?

I know it's really important to developers to have a blueprint of mechanics/systems to rely on, and it's easier to market it, and it's more difficult to implement more mechanics. But I'm growing really tired of it, specially since most games are +10 hours.

For example I can watch a rambo movie and understand that explotions = good, but that lasts 90 minutes! and not 25% of movies are rambo, you can even do a lot in the action genre. In videogames everything starts to feel so repetitive to me. Like I can read a borges short story in 10 minutes and feel like my world expanded a little, I can play +50 hours of gta and feel "that was kinda fun I guess". I know that games by default have slowerpaced narrative mechanics, but even gameplay mechanics (while they still try to add things along the way) get repetitive over time, and it's not like they can't add other stuff.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby KiBa » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:16 pm

I love Anachronox.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Got around to playing Silent Hill.

Really a shame it got canned. Hopefully somewhere down the line it will get resurrected.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kojima opens his own studio after The Phantom Pain is released and their first title is a horror game that looks shockingly similar to P.T./Silent Hills, complete with Guillermo del Toro on board, and I doubt Konami could do anything about it without looking like idiots. If they could license the FOX Engine, too, that would be sweet as fuck!
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming