Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:34 pm

No, not every game gets a GOTY edition, but most get a "here's all the DLC included" reissue. And as OL says, all the horror stories are usually single instances/isolated incidents.

Then again, you seem to typically prefer Eastern games, and Japanese publishers are the worst culprits in the entire thing. Western publishers tend to know what they're doing in the sense that it's just giving people additional content for their game if they want to buy it or not.

It's similar to how you get a few B-sides/bonus tracks when you buy an album off iTunes. It's merely additional music and does nothing to sour the album, nor does the album feel incomplete without said songs.

The whole "evil publisher selling a 50% of a game to me for £40 then charging me £60 to download the other half" thing got tiresome a few years back. Wake up n smell the jizz I wiped on the curtain after nobbin your mam up the arse all last night, it's just an optional way of enjoying your game even more, like shovin it in her mouth after pullin out.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:56 pm

omg he just totally pulled an AG on us PROPS BROTHA PROPS :rotflmao:

MiTT3NZ wrote: Wake up n smell the jizz I wiped on the curtain after nobbin your mam up the arse all last night, it's just an optional way of enjoying your game even more, like shovin it in her mouth after pullin out.

[=$$$=]~~~(A_-`-_G\o)_______ The AnimeGamer183 Official Seal of Approval______(A_-`-_G\o)~~~[=$$$=]
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:45 am

Took this screenshot while I was playing through Firewatch a few days ago. Knew I'd seen that symbol before, just couldn't place it at the time.
But yeah, that looks an awful lot like a Bloodborne reference, in a game which seemingly has references to nothing else at all. Pretty random.

OL has received a thanks from: Axm
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:35 am

You're trying too hard.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Eh, was mainly just bored and stoned. That last bit did give me quite a chuckle though.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Last Blade 2 being ported to PS4 and Vita -- freaking finally. Here's hoping Garou gets the same treatment. I was only ever able to get into SNK 2D fighters and have yet to really play much of either of these because of their dumb inaccessibility.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/12/05/snk-pla ... on-4-vita/

Also, new King of Fighter XIV trailer. I know, I know, the graphics don't look great and they've ditched the sprites... but things will be ok.

phpBB [video]

Thief has received a thanks from: Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:17 pm

SNK has always been my favorite when it comes to fighters. Last Blade 2 on DC was soo fun, unbalanced as hell, but fun. Mark of the Wolves and 99 Dream Match was the shit. KoF 12/XIII are really good on PS3. I was so glad to finally be able to play them online.

I have no problem with the new graphics. Maximum Impact on PS2 was a great game. Only problem was it didn't have the speed of the 2D entries. This one doesn't seem to have that problem. Definitely looking forward to it.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:22 pm

It's interesting, do you guys think the quality of the character animation/models suffered due to the large roster size? Imo they could've approached it in the same way as 12 and 13, but I assume people wouldve been disappointed with a barebones package.

Which do you prefer in approach of? Personally I admire them after for sticking out in 2D for so long, but I think they're leaving themselves with less to go on with kof14 and perhaps risk damaging the brand. Sometimes less is more imo killer instinct and to some extent sfv kinda proves that...

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:07 pm

Why was I thinking that Gravity Rush was long as shit? I was under the impression that it was some 100+ hours, when every where im reading online its about 10-20... I swear I thought it was excessively long.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:42 am

STREET FIGHTER V!!!!!
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:59 pm

Dunno why, but i just feel kinda 'meh' about the fact that a new Street Fighter is out. Looks too similar to IV for me. I know somebody is going to show screenshots comparing the two, but honestly I feel like fighting games have lost their own personality now they've all switched to 3D and honestly the only series in 3D I give a crap about is Tekken now (Virtua Fighter is dead). *shrugs*

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Why was I thinking that Gravity Rush was long as shit? I was under the impression that it was some 100+ hours, when every where im reading online its about 10-20... I swear I thought it was excessively long.

Nah, it isn't a JRPG. It's an open world action/platforming game (with a linear story progression) but it's not like other open world games that drag on and on either. The game has perfect pacing, imo.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:47 pm

I have the Vita version, I know what kind of game it is, I just only played the first few hours of the game then stopped. I could have sworn I heard from more than person it was really long, like Okami was very long for the type of game it was. Even im not sure where I got 100 hours from, but its a bit of a relief now since it doesnt seem like a daunting game to get through. I think I'll enjoy the remaster a bit more, as I thought the controls for the Vita were a bit awkward.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:05 am

Playing downfall redux, I love the screen 7 art design.

The cat lady was one of my favorite adventure games.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Mr357 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:26 pm

Warren Spector just confirmed that he's going to be working on System Shock 3. Best knews since the announcement if you ask me.

https://twitter.com/Warren_Spector/status/700064673836564481

Mr357 has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Raithos
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Thief » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:46 am

I'm sitting here, i'm trying to play Yakuza 2. I can't get into it... I just don't give a FUCK. I've been stuck in the past for so god damn long. I'm sick of retro video-games, I'm sick of playing anything that doesn't either keep me going forward in life or bring me together in some sort of community. I don't want to play lame-ass old shitty b-movie-esque video games in my GOD DAMN ROOM anymore.

I'm selling everything I own. I'm even selling my old Shenmue shit. Shenmue was great, as was a lot of games I played, but they were great to me when I played them, not forever in my fucking closet. I'll play Shenmue 3, i'll have a great experience, and then I'll MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE. No more collecting, none of this nonsense bullshit. I'm only keeping things I actively use. I will have a Super Nintendo (for competitive Super Metroid) and a Playstation 4 (for new games and fighting games).

I don't know why I'm so angry with this post -- probably because I'm a little bit drunk.. but fuck retro videogames. Fuck 'em once and for fucking all.

Thief has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Monkei
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming