Nintendo Switch

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Sonikku » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:26 am

One player kills four Guardians at the same time by deflecting all four of their beams simultaneously. :shock:

phpBB [video]

Sonikku has received a thanks from: TwiceFriedRice
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:34 am

Bought the season pass, because: why not ?

Actually I'm really hyped about the new mario, I really hope Nintendo will get their revival with this new console.

Playing with the joycons as pointers in world of goo it's pretty cool (you'll need to reset it to the center quite a lot, and it's kinda pointless doing it in tablet mode and not on tv). Switch has quite a bit of ways to play.

Apparently the new update makes the framerate more stable, let's see...
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Raithos » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:41 pm

shredingskin wrote: Bought the season pass, because: why not ?

Actually I'm really hyped about the new mario, I really hope Nintendo will get their revival with this new console.

That switch shirt though. People are going to be doing speed runs in nothing but the shirt lol.

I really feel like if they can keep this momentum then things will turn around for them. They've got an awesome piece of hardware that is outpacing the Wii in sales. Recently there was an article showing how its selling faster than the PS4 did in JP on launch, so it will all come down to software. If they can keep the third parties on board they're golden. I hope we get some announcements in the next few months.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:10 pm

Bayonetta collection for switch when ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:52 pm

phpBB [video]
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:25 pm

HD rumble at its finest. I saw it when it was posted to twitter. Love the SK games.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby mrandyk » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:50 pm

Playing the couple Neo Geo games I bought while on a long road trip with a friend was a very cool experience, but it leaves me wondering where the heck the Virtual Console is. We are nearly two months in here and there has been no word. I'm in love with the hardware of the Switch but it's always one step forward, two steps back with Nintendo. Never able to get anything completely right.

How was Nintendo so unprepared for the Switch launch? The Wii U was left for dead a long time ago, what have they been up to over there? They have my support, but it's frustrating at times.

mrandyk has received a thanks from: Sonikku
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonikku » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:17 am

Nintendo is strange in this way. They pump out just enough masterpieces to make you care despite their quirks. word is online is going to continue pushing with the friend codes everyone seems to love SO much. And also matchmaking will be done through your... phone? Yep. That's right. Also they're charging for online play, making playing the Mario Kart 8 rehash online more expensive on the Switch that it was when it was fresh on the Wii U. But that paid online service is only going to let you "rent" games as opposed to letting you own them like Microsoft and Sony do. Oh and that NES Classic smash hit that they can't keep in stock? They ended all production of it.

Nintendo being Nintendo.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Thief » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:17 pm

ARMS looks really fun and all the characters are pretty cool so far. I don't think it's enough to make me want to buy the console, but.... damn i want to play it. I hope someone i know gets a switch soon.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:16 pm

The thing I'm most afraid about switch is something similar to what happened to wii, that most non first party "good games" were sold at full price when those would be digital only in the other platforms.

This game looks like that, a nice game, but not really a killer app or anything.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Thief » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:03 pm

The thing I'm most afraid about switch is something similar to what happened to wii, that most non first party "good games" were sold at full price when those would be digital only in the other platforms.

I'm not sure I understand what this means. This looks like a good and fairly original fighting game, that can be played with standard controls and appears to be fairly complex (as far as strategy goes). I get that fighting games aren't that popular but I don't see why it ought to be download-only budget. Seems like a "killer app" to me, insofar as it seems worth playing/owning. Also, what happened with the wii exactly? Which games specifically are you referring to? Plus, ARMS is a first party nintendo game, as far as I can tell.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:18 pm

Out the top of my head: Muramasa, a boy and his blob, warioware, punch out, boomblox and even house of the dead would be online only.

Those are all great games, but we all know that would have a 15/20 dls price tag on the ps3/360 (and now on the ps4/xbone).

Just look at the switch right now, the only major game I could say is zelda (ok, it's fucking GOAT).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Thu May 04, 2017 8:13 pm

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Mon May 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Does nintendo ever do sales ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Mon May 08, 2017 5:26 pm

shredingskin wrote: Does nintendo ever do sales ?

Almost never. And when they do, it is basically download only sales that save you 10, sometimes up to 20% off. This is known as "The Nintendo Tax" over at Cheap Ass Gamer. Even today, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Mario Kart and New Super Mario still go for $60 on the Wii U. :shock: If you want Nintendo cheap, your only option is GCU at Best Buy when they're running a 25 off 100 VISA promotion.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming