Ni no Kuni 2 Announced for PS4

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ni no Kuni 2 Announced for PS4

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:55 am

Here's to hoping they make more than 5 copies of the Wizard Edition this time. [-X
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Well, to be fair, there was absolutely no guarantee for them at the time that Ni No Kuni would be a hit in the west. I remember they were doing a thing where they were adding extras for the Wizard Edition as it gained more preorders... meaning they had no idea what to expect in terms of demand. It's one of those rare cases where supply was completely and honestly determined by literal demand, rather than having anyone guess at what the demand might be. Would be nice if more LE's were created that way.
The only hiccup came from the company hired to do shipping and whatnot.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:32 am

^Square Enix tried doing it with the last Deus Ex game and the internet decided that was the thing to get angry about that week and they scraped it. That incident has probably scared a lot of companies which is a shame.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Lovely new trailer and screenshots.
http://www.dualshockers.com/ni-no-kuni- ... reenshots/

I especially like the screenshots, as they show us that we'll be having plenty of new places to explore and they're looking just as beautiful as the locations from the first game. One of my biggest worries about Ni no Kuni 2 was the fact that it's set in the same world as the first game and that might mean going to the same places all over again, but, fortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. The new Chinese-style city, Goldpaw, looks absolutely gorgeous.
Also love the artwork from that water city, Thalassea.

Still doubt that we'll have a character as good as Drippy, though. :sad:
Hopefully, he'll still have a role in the game, even if he's not your permanent sidekick anymore.
O Rei do Frango Assado
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:14 pm

O Rei do Frango Assado wrote: Lovely new trailer and screenshots.
http://www.dualshockers.com/ni-no-kuni- ... reenshots/

I especially like the screenshots, as they show us that we'll be having plenty of new places to explore and they're looking just as beautiful as the locations from the first game. One of my biggest worries about Ni no Kuni 2 was the fact that it's set in the same world as the first game and that might mean going to the same places all over again, but, fortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. The new Chinese-style city, Goldpaw, looks absolutely gorgeous.
Also love the artwork from that water city, Thalassea.

Still doubt that we'll have a character as good as Drippy, though. :sad:
Hopefully, he'll still have a role in the game, even if he's not your permanent sidekick anymore.

I don't understand the change in style for the Skirmish mode, it just looks so ugly compared to the main game that is absolutely beautiful in those screens.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:19 am

Can't say I'm a fan too, but I guess Japanese people just love chibi stuff.

Anyway, the main game still looks just as beautiful as Ni no Kuni 1, so I'm not too bothered.
O Rei do Frango Assado

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:25 pm

I have 2 copies of the CE reserved right now (will probably bring that down to 1 or even none, depending what my financial situation is like come January). Namco is pretty much raping wallets with $200 CE in the States, whats cool though is there an entirely different CE version for the Europe release. Both are pretty cool, but if you like the Europe one, I think it may be cheaper to import that one than to buy the American one. Also they have said the American one is limited to only 25,000 units where they did not specify units for the Europe CE. There are also less tier versions as well, that just come with steel books and other versions so there are some options on release.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:01 pm

O Rei do Frango Assado wrote: Can't say I'm a fan too, but I guess Japanese people just love chibi stuff.

Anyway, the main game still looks just as beautiful as Ni no Kuni 1, so I'm not too bothered.

The chibi doesn't really bother me but I don't understand why they got rid of the cell shading.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonikku » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:31 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I have 2 copies of the CE reserved right now (will probably bring that down to 1 or even none, depending what my financial situation is like come January). Namco is pretty much raping wallets with $200 CE in the States, whats cool though is there an entirely different CE version for the Europe release. Both are pretty cool, but if you like the Europe one, I think it may be cheaper to import that one than to buy the American one. Also they have said the American one is limited to only 25,000 units where they did not specify units for the Europe CE. There are also less tier versions as well, that just come with steel books and other versions so there are some options on release.

I hope you have GCU at Best Buy. For $30 you get a 2 year membership that saves you 20% off any new game you buy. GCU works on special editions so it would basically pay for itself taking 20% off $200.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:33 am

Nope I dont. And with Amazons recent policy change to exclude the 20% from Collectors Editions, there is little reason to go through them. I pre-ordered with the Bandai Namco store and GameStop, because they have pre-order bonuses, BN has an over world map and GameStop has a keychain.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:01 am

Just yes! ^_^
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8