Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Sonikku » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:06 am

phpBB [video]

They sure did have some interesting hairdos back then.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:41 pm

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote: @Kenny, Is that multiplayer? I preordered GTA but I'm having it shipped here to Japan. Hopefully it will arrive by next week. But from what I have seen and heard it looks like infinite fun.

Yep. GTA Online is coming out Oct. 1, which is the reason why I bought it really. Hopefully will be done with the story by then.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby south carmain » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Raithos wrote: While we're talking GTAV, I cannot wait for it to make it's way to PC. It looks insane. I wish they would have released it on all platforms the same day like they did with Max Payne 3.

PC version will fix all the shitty aliasing and texture pop up issues it has too, I'm enjoying it on PS3 but the draw distance, aliasing and texture pop ins really sometimes make it feel like it's running on a machine that barely meets minimum specs
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:24 pm

What's wrong with his arm?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Wired article on TGS 2013:

GREE is Japan's largest mobile gaming publisher and for the second straight year, their booth has stood tall in the central hall of Makuhari Messe, looming over all other booths save for Sony's. That's an awful lot of trade show real estate dedicated to free-to-play mobile phone games. Once the crowds show up on the public days, can you imagine waiting in line to see the latest tap-the-fish game?

And then there are the parts of the Makuhari Messe, which a few years ago would always be packed to the gills, that are now a ghost town. Major Japanese publishers Level-5 (the Professor Layton series) and Konami (Metal Gear, Castlevania) have no booths at all this year.

Tecmo Koei, publisher of the lucrative Dynasty Warriors franchise, had zero games in its booth. Instead, it put up a gallery commemorating the 30th anniversary of one of its earliest hits: Nobunaga's Ambition, a historical strategy game.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/09/t ... w-gallery/

A pity that TGS is a shadow of its former self...(only notable thing from it this year was Gravity Rush 2).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Raithos » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:17 pm

south carmain wrote:
Raithos wrote: While we're talking GTAV, I cannot wait for it to make it's way to PC. It looks insane. I wish they would have released it on all platforms the same day like they did with Max Payne 3.

PC version will fix all the shitty aliasing and texture pop up issues it has too, I'm enjoying it on PS3 but the draw distance, aliasing and texture pop ins really sometimes make it feel like it's running on a machine that barely meets minimum specs

Damn so its that obvious when it happens? My brother has been playing it and said it bugs him going through the city at break neck speed and stuff just starts popping in sometimes, I thought he was joking. Yeah I would have normally grabbed it on PS3 to hold me over, but after the major differences between the versions of MP3 I decided to wait. I picked it up on PS3 release day because I was rebuilding at the time. Once I got it on PC it was like night and day. Totally restored my faith in Rockstars ability to port to PC.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Raithos wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Damn so its that obvious when it happens? My brother has been playing it and said it bugs him going through the city at break neck speed and stuff just starts popping in sometimes, I thought he was joking. Yeah I would have normally grabbed it on PS3 to hold me over, but after the major differences between the versions of MP3 I decided to wait. I picked it up on PS3 release day because I was rebuilding at the time. Once I got it on PC it was like night and day. Totally restored my faith in Rockstars ability to port to PC.

it can be pretty obvious, especially driving around down town when textures keep on changing from blurry to high res as you close in and lights appear out of no where.

it's still fully playable but the flaws are highly noticeable at times
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby LiquidSnake » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:33 pm

At least for games that meant something to me (mostly rpg) - i always hated to play them through ... which caused for some games to be only possessed and never played, or never finished or just being played for some hours at best.

Somehow knowing you have that "awesome illusion" in stash and you can dive in anytime and have good time, makes me probably do it sometimes. Since afterwards, there is somehow a slight uneasy feeling of emptiness.

Back in the day, nowadays even more games are piling up even more - this might one reason:
LiquidSnake
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Hawken

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:13 am

Do all the PS3s play PS1 discs? or did they take that feature out of one of the later models?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:20 am

south carmain wrote:
Raithos wrote:
south carmain wrote:

it can be pretty obvious, especially driving around down town when textures keep on changing from blurry to high res as you close in and lights appear out of no where.

it's still fully playable but the flaws are highly noticeable at times

Does it do that? I don't really pay attention to stuff like that unless it's like really terrible.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:43 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Do all the PS3s play PS1 discs? or did they take that feature out of one of the later models?

Yeah, they all play PS1. They just took out the ability to play PS2 games later on.

OL has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:25 am

I've come to the conclusion that alot of top tier Tekken players are just a bunch of cunts with overinflated egos.

If they beat you, they laugh. If you beat them, they throw a temper tantrum and kick you out of the room. Really, it's hard to find people who just want to play the damn game as a past time and not a full time job.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Axm
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:32 am

OL wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: Do all the PS3s play PS1 discs? or did they take that feature out of one of the later models?

Yeah, they all play PS1. They just took out the ability to play PS2 games later on.

which i always thought was a little weird...
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:42 am

ImageImageImageImageImage
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming