which system do you think shenmue 2 should be on?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Which system do you think shenmue 2 should be on? (Total votes: 18)

Playstation 2
11%
Xbox
89%
Gamecube
No votes

Postby IwaoHazuki » Thu May 08, 2003 9:31 pm

:lol: The thoughts of doing a QTE on PS2 or a GameCube give me chills.
IwaoHazuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Segaw
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Eyeman » Thu May 08, 2003 10:44 pm

Shenmue III must be on XBOX. Its the only system that can make it look good. GC might be able to, and PS2, no. The PlayStation graphics, both one and 2 aren't the best. And it would be stupid to keep switching systems when there is no need to. It would be nice for it to gall all systems so everyone could enjouy the Shenmue adventure.
Eyeman
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SStrunks » Sat May 10, 2003 3:06 pm

It should be on PS2 because theres a lot more people that owns a ps2 then an xbox....more people would see shenmue....and so what if the ps2 is slightly weaker....shenmue on dreamcast was great....so why not ps2? They shouldve went with muti platforms so everyone could be happy.
Last edited by SStrunks on Sun May 11, 2003 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SStrunks
Asia Travel Representative

Postby benjones1blj » Sat May 10, 2003 4:29 pm

Its possible that Shenmue III could be on PS2 cus the Xbox has not got a large user base in Japan whereas PS2 has.
benjones1blj
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby goaliefrk » Tue May 13, 2003 12:08 am

I remeber how I wanted to kill SEGA because I couldn't get Shenmue II for the DC. But anyways Yu Suzuki has already confirmed that Shenmue III will be for the XBOX only, as will 4 etc.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby SStrunks » Fri May 16, 2003 3:07 pm

See how cool the Wachowski Bros are??? They made Enter The Matrix muti platform so everyone could be happy, and no one would start flame wars about what system the game is coming to.
SStrunks

Postby goaliefrk » Fri May 16, 2003 3:11 pm

Yea well, Yu Suzuki did said it was for XBOX, but he never said it wouldn't be for PS2 or GCN as well. Just think about that.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:10 pm

JAPANFAN wrote:It should be on the Xbox, because it would be absolutely stupid on Sega's part to keep moving the series around like they've been doing. They have to make it available for one console and leave it there, that way its fans don't get screwed over and further.

That'd probably be my point of view.
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby goaliefrk » Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:34 pm

Same here.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: which system do you think shenmue 2 should be on?

Postby Daemos » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:09 pm

SStrunks wrote:Man i wish Shenmue 2 could be on PS2 it be soo cool cause a lot more people have ps2 then xbox, or they can make shenmue 2 for all 3 systems that would be great too.

Do you wanna get beat up?? :evil: :x :shock:
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby FoxHound » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:10 pm

SStrunks wrote:Well i think more people would be exposed to shenmue if it was on the best selling system, if dreamcast can pull off a good shenmue then i think PS2 can too. Right now microsoft doesnt give a S*IT about the xbox they are counting on Xbox Live to bring in sales. Xbox looks like its losing the fight for 2nd place against Gamecube because Gamecube now comes with a free game when you buy the system so their sales went up quite a bit making them in the lead. So I think Xbox wouldnt be such a good choice.

I'm pretty sure the Playstation 2 would struggle to handle a game like Shenmue II. The Emotion Engine is a great CPU, but the PS2's GPU is a piece of crap to say the least. Remember, Shenmue II literally maxed out the Sega Dreamcast when it comes to power. The game was ahead of its time and its respective platform had problems running it. I don't think the PS2 could run it well either. The difference between the DC and PS2 versions of the game would not be very different, thus defying the purpose of porting it to a more powerful console in order to fix its original issues.
FoxHound
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Zhao » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:50 pm

Even if the PS2 ran it, there would be aliasing all over the screen just like all the PS2 games. SEGA AM2 made Shenmue II on the Xbox for a reason. The reasoning is because of its easy to use and PC-style developing interface. Yu Suzuki makes games and continues to make games on systems he chooses that will be appropriate for his games. If he developed it on PS2 (which will never happen) it would be a hassle to develop it from scratch and create new vector encoding for the game. The Shenmue II engine is already built on the Xbox so why would they waste time, money and energy and rebuilt it to a console thats 2 times slower GPU, lower bus frequency and processing speed. Microsoft has already bought out the assets for the continuation of the Shenmue Series. This is why Microsoft have recently bought out some assets of SEGA Corporation. Another reason is that Shenmue II was the only game in SEGAs history developing on Xbox to be published by Microsoft Game Studios. Shin Ishikawa and Yu Suzuki have even stated it themselves and are aware of the Microsoft publishing agreement and will abide by it, until it runs out in 2006. By then the Shenmue Series will already be finished and we will have what we've been waiting for, for so long.
Zhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Daemos » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:00 pm

An insightful post, good one!
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to General Gaming