Ni No Kuni

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ni No Kuni

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:49 pm

Ryudo wrote: While playing the game I have actually had the Wizards Book in my lap and usig it every step of the way. This is total immersion for me in the most wonderful way. In a sense it's almost like The Never ending Story and I am Sebastian.

Yep, this is why I wanted the wizards edition so bad, it seems like having the book would enhance the experience so much. Shame I wont be playing it that way, probably ever. As I said before may not even bother with the game all together now :/

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Sorry had to even tho I am the only one who feels the small connection between the two in a different way.

As I sit here wearing my The Last Story t shirt of my fave RPG this gen. Ni No Kuni gives that sense of amazement when you saw the Never Ending Story and have the feeling when you were a kid playing Gaia or Chrono Trigger or Ys,FF6 on a Saturday morning skipping cartoons. It really brings you back to a more innocent era while still pulling at your emotions.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Axm
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Axm » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:07 pm

AG stop being alittle bitch and go buy the game. Papa needs his medicine.
The book must be awesome but it aint that bad without it. You get a nice little in game book to make you cry how you dont have the real one. See thats better now right? *strokes

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Perfect_Chaos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:47 pm

AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:52 pm

^ That's like 40$. Guess I will just download it
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Dont know if its been discussed already in this thread but, doesnt it seem like considering their was a DS Kuni a Wii U version of this current PS3 version would be fitting? In the DS game you draw out the spells ala Okami, they could easily translate what they were doing on DS to the Wii U pad. Seems fitting.
Theirs DLC planned for this game right? Perhaps in the future the Wii U could get a enhanced edition of the game. I know id get on my knees for that.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Spokane » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 pm

I think there already is DLC. Amazon advertises you get a code when you buy it from them for a DLC thing.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Be cool but Wii U sales need a good boost and ports won't really do that,not that I am against the adea. Tho I would like it for item management and be perfect for the wizards book on the pad(Wii U pad). I think Wii U's defining RPG like Xenoblade was for Wii will be X......until Dragon Quest X is localized and Mistwalker reveals it's new Wii U game (PLEASE BE TLS II)

Also there is DLC already for those who got the WE. Also some free DLC on Feb 12th
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Axm wrote: Dont know if its been discussed already in this thread but, doesnt it seem like considering their was a DS Kuni a Wii U version of this current PS3 version would be fitting? In the DS game you draw out the spells ala Okami, they could easily translate what they were doing on DS to the Wii U pad. Seems fitting.
Theirs DLC planned for this game right? Perhaps in the future the Wii U could get a enhanced edition of the game. I know id get on my knees for that.

It's like the opposite of Sony. The game would really benefit from the PS Vita's various inputs, including the touchscreen, and yet there is no version for that handheld.

DS version no Wii-U version
PS3 version no Vita version.
It's damn upsetting.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Having played it. I would not want this game limited to a 5 inch screen. Would lose a lot

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Rakim
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Ive never bought an OST for a game. But i just might for this one.
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Rakim » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Ryudo wrote:Having played it. I would not want this game limited to a 5 inch screen. Would lose a lot

That's what's so annoying about how great the DS libary is. You can play DQ9, Ace Attorney, Hotel Dusk, ETC, but you have to do it hunched over a tiny fingerprinted game system. Yeah I don't really like handhelds.

I really wish nintendo would come out with the Wii U equivalent to the gameboy player for gamecube that plays (3)DS games and Sony would simultaneously release Vita and PSP games on the PSN. I would be in heaven.

Rakim has received a thanks from: Perfect_Chaos
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Agree on the player however I have to say 3DS XL games look nice on the big screen and vita has an amazing OLED screen. Best I ever seen. Just some games to me like horror and some games like this where every little detail while Vita has a amazing detailed HD screen. You still need to see this game on a 40 inch TV or something.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:35 am

Formerly subtitled Ni no Kuni: the Another World, Level-5 announced on June 24, 2010 that this title has been replaced with two separate subtitles for the DS and PlayStation 3 versions, with the subtitle of the DS version being Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madōshi and the PlayStation 3 version titled as Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.[16] Level-5 also revealed that both versions are being developed separately from scratch, and as such will feature different data, artwork, graphics, specifications and story developments, while only retaining the same "story axle".[16][17] The PlayStation 3 version will feature graphics and visuals replicating Ghibli's traditional animation style and its artwork for the game.[17][18]

Makes me want to play the DS version to compare as they sound different.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:58 am

Found something I hate about this game. Sometimes after a story event you will get like 15 new spells and it has to present it to you each one individually so you will sit there for 5 min just "you have got a new spell" "you have got a new spell" "you have got a new spell" "you have got a new spell" "you have got a new spell" ect.. and each one you have to read a bunch of text to get to the next one. Reminds me of how annoying Starfox Adventures or Zelda OoT would be every time you picked up an item had to be a mini cut scene. Also has one of my pet peeves in a RPG. After a huge boss battle you can't save until every one is done jabbering. After a boss battle I just want to save nothing else. Why is it so hard that right after you win a box pops up do you want to save or auto saves.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming