Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Raithos » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:51 pm

I enjoyed the Agarest War series, but most of their other stuff is pure rubbish. Also have a pretty fun puzzler, Octomania or somthing or Wii. Not the greatest, but it only cost me like $5 so it was worth it. I look at Fairy Fencer every time I'm on the NIS website, looks really fun and the designs look good. Can't decide if I will pick it up or not though.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:39 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Nah, it's not just you. It's developed by Compile Heart, who make really, really shitty JRPGs (some of their games are obviously aimed at pedos).

I dare either of you go type in "Compile Heart" into Google image search. Go on, I'm waiting. :-"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compile_Heart

So here is there rap sheet, its not THAT bad. I havent played a game by them though, a few I have heard of and have heard they are decent. There is one huge wank stain on there though, hyper dimension neptunia *pukes* im sorry but that game was a disgrace. I'm gonna wait for reviews on Fairy Fencer F.

OL wrote: Might just be the mood I'm in, but they look to me like lolita hentai game designs.

You really think thats gonna hold ME back or make me look negatively on it? I like the dark haired chick with the cleveage everywhere (seems there is even a little bouncy physics in it yessssssss), I mean this is me we are talking about here haha. Still, the fan service alone doesnt mean im sold on the game, although maybe it should. :-k
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:43 pm

:lol: Touche.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:00 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Probably gonna have to pick this up, all the extra side stories about the formation of akatsuki is really tempting, and the sakimoto-san, the writer of the manga has wrote these stories himself, so its official storyline. Man, I havent even played the naruto games since the gamecube, but this one is looking pretty awesome.

I love Naruto but I'm tired of these strictly fighting games they release every year. I have a couple of them but I really enjoyed the Rise of a Ninja and Broken Bond better because of the open world feel. I know a few of the others had a semi-open world but they weren't as 3D as ROAN and BB. I loved being able to go around Konoha and other places. It felt like GTA: Konoha.

Calshot wrote:That's pretty much her entire schtick. She got nearly $160k out of a Kickstarter for her video series (the initial goal was $6k).

Seriously? That's all you have to do is create a Kickstarter and make a Youtube video series? I'm not saying what she did isn't important but $160k? That's a TON of money.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raithos » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:07 pm

I have to hide my wallet, the Steam summer sale just started!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:13 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compile_Heart

So here is there rap sheet, its not THAT bad.

No, no, no, here is their "rap sheet":

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Compi ... 00&bih=799

NSFW!!!

I havent played a game by them though, a few I have heard of and have heard they are decent. There is one huge wank stain on there though, hyper dimension neptunia *pukes* im sorry but that game was a disgrace. I'm gonna wait for reviews on Fairy Fencer F.

Name me a worse JRPG developer. Hyper Dimension Neptunia? Cross Edge? Date A Live? Moero Chronicle? Seriously, we shouldn't be championing a developer of these types of JRPGs, but here we are I guess, the genre has regressed so much on consoles nowadays people are just starving for mediocrity incarnate.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Dang, even the horses in Japan are perverted.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:09 pm

http://koi-nya.net/img/subidos_posts/2012/03/as2.png

:lol:

only in japan. Like I said, waiting for reviews on Fairy Fencer F. The battles do look interesting though i must admit, if it has no story I doubt ill commit though. but im willing to give it a chance, and its not due to there being a lack of JRPGs for me to play, the game world looks fine, thats what originally caught my eye, not the character models.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:25 pm

I am really tempted to buy this. In store purchase would be roughly $433 so I would save almost 75 bucks. And would still have the Sony warranty. Not sure if I should pull the trigger or spend the extra and buy it in store. Just weird how someone is selling it below MSRP with free shipping on top of that. But the person has sold over 800 of them so makes me think its legit, and he has over 49k transactions on eBay, 99% positve feedback.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playstatio ... 55?afsrc=1

I hate playing FPS with a control, but I want to play Destiny so bad now that I already put down 5 bucks at Gamestop so I could get the Beta code lol now I just need the console before 7/17 so I can play it.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Axm
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Calshot » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:25 am

My desktop is a dinosaur by computer standards (just over 10 years old and has had practically no hardware upgrades whatsoever), so I pretty much forget about playing any games on it.

I've only just now realized that the majority of my GOG library is composed of games that my desktop can actually run adequately.

Look out Beneath a Steel Sky. You are going to get played.

Calshot has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:30 am

Raithos wrote: I am really tempted to buy this. In store purchase would be roughly $433 so I would save almost 75 bucks. And would still have the Sony warranty. Not sure if I should pull the trigger or spend the extra and buy it in store. Just weird how someone is selling it below MSRP with free shipping on top of that. But the person has sold over 800 of them so makes me think its legit, and he has over 49k transactions on eBay, 99% positve feedback.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playstatio ... 55?afsrc=1

I hate playing FPS with a control, but I want to play Destiny so bad now that I already put down 5 bucks at Gamestop so I could get the Beta code lol now I just need the console before 7/17 so I can play it.

Use coupon code CCNVIXQ214 to knock another $10 off at checkout. 8)

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Raithos
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:25 pm

Ha!
Alien boobs.

This probably got my little thirteen-year-old willy standing at attention way back in 1998.
Didn't take much.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:40 pm

um... wtf is it from OL? im assuming some game from way back when?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Unreal
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Yep, its Unreal. Don't get too excited though, that's the only instance of anything like it in the game.
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming