Soul CAlibur 2

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:55 pm

Yes, I agree with everything you just said. Oh sure, in a perfect world we would all have HDTV's (and I would be in complete control of the forums! mwa ha ha) But that just isn't realistic right now. Besides... we all know Link would kick Spawn's ass...
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby goaliefrk » Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:18 pm

I'd like to see that happen.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby Shodan » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:06 am

Sonikku wrote:Besides... we all know Link would kick Spawn's ass...

And Heihachi's as well...
Shodan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby goaliefrk » Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:04 pm

I think Heihachi could beat them both.(well, maybe not spawn)
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby Sonikku » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:48 pm

Heihachi would get his ass kicked. I mean c'mon he is a sad old geaser with metal things on his hands as a "weapon" Yeah, brass knuckle like thingys could mess you up, but agenst what Spawn has? uhhhhhh no.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby T1249NTSCJØ » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:38 am

I said most of this already in my review in the old forum's but here is an upadate to it, grabbed my review off another forum...

I have the GC version of this game and have played all 3. Let me start by saying that the PS2 was definitely cheated on this one, not only does it have one of the worst characters' (Heihachi) but it doesn't play as well as its' counterparts. The controls on the PS2 are very easy to learn and fit the game well. There is the occasional slowdown once the effects start to go off but being that the game was built around the PS2 hardware it should've been alot better. The Xbox version has beautifully done graphics do to the Xbox's hardware capabilities, Spawn is a nice fit to the genre but at time's you stare and wonder if they (Namco) could've selected someone else. The control's are straight-forward on the Xbox's control pad, and you won't honestly tell difference between the GC and Xbox until you test it on an HDTV running on progressive scan. The GC has Link, there is a definite plus. He does fit in because basically he was built to be in these types' of games, out of all the characters in SCII his moves are the most difficult to pull off. He has 3 projectile attacks, which range from the boomerang, bombs, and the bow & arrow. You'll need to reconfigure the control's for the GC version for sure, the game doesn't disappoint at all. It has alot of extra's and alot to do. Believe me when I say that, great addition to your GC collection overall.
T1249NTSCJØ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:53 am

So like, is link a good character to use if you have the time? And I heard Spawn had a somwhat unfair advantage... Any truth to that? And the old guy... he just sucks doesen't he?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby T1249NTSCJØ » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:57 am

Link can be unstoppable if you have the time and dedication, Spawn is nice addition to it also a cool character. But I'll select Link anyday, and yeah; Heihachi............. it's better if I don't say.
T1249NTSCJØ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to General Gaming