Next Generation Speculation

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Xbox 3 & PS4 Talk

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:31 pm

If i had known you could use PS2 pads on the PS3 i would have as i hate how light my PS3 pad is. Feels like it will break at any moment.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby south carmain » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote: Well how many consoles have allowed you to use controllers from an older console? Wii and and Wii U?

Of course old pads not working could just be BS.

Master System let you use Genesis controllers and Genesis with Master Systrem. Wii and Gamecube and Wii and Wii U. I can use PSone on PS2 and PS2 on PS3.

the wii was pretty shitty when it came to controllers though, you couldn't use classic controllers for gamecube games and can't use the gamecube controller as a classic controller. it's one of my main complaints about the thing actually since I have so many controllers for the damn thing
Who Really Cares? wrote:If i had known you could use PS2 pads on the PS3 i would have as i hate how light my PS3 pad is. Feels like it will break at any moment.

you can even use pc usb dualshock controllers on the PS3, the one I bought recently works perfectly
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Actually many games supported all controller schemes on Wii. So it was nice to use a controller you already had or better yet had a lot of people over and each could have a different one. Many single player games did as well.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Ryudo wrote: Actually many games supported all controller schemes on Wii. So it was nice to use a controller you already had or better yet had a lot of people over and each could have a different one. Many single player games did as well.

no games I have played on my wii support the GC controller and certainly no GC games support the classic controller
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:53 pm

south carmain wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Actually many games supported all controller schemes on Wii. So it was nice to use a controller you already had or better yet had a lot of people over and each could have a different one. Many single player games did as well.

no games I have played on my wii support the GC controller and certainly no GC games support the classic controller

Of the games I have Tatsunoko vs Capcom,Smash Bros,Muramasa,Klonoa,Sonic Colors,Mario Kart,Mario 25th and Kirby Dream collection have support.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Ryudo wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Of the games I have Tatsunoko vs Capcom,Smash Bros,Muramasa,Klonoa,Sonic Colors,Mario Kart,Mario 25th and Kirby Dream collection have support.

of the games I have xenoblade, the last story, TP, SS none of them work with the gamecube controller. I also need to buy a wii motion plus thing to play SS

the WII requiring so many controllers isn't convenient at all even if certain games support them all
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Re: Next Generation Discussion

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:01 pm

I own close to 40 games so that isn't much for how many I have. Was just saying that there are games that do it and I like that as I might feel more comfortable with one controller on one game than I do another. That's not really a Wii thing either as people all the time buy adapters so they can use Saturn on PS3 or 360 or SNES on PS3 or PS2 on 360 etc. Classic or modern games as they just like some controllers better. Most people yeah use what they got but many also like to change it up. I like to change it up.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:05 pm

though for other consoles it's a choice, what I'm talking about is that the wii forces you to buy all these different things if you want to be able to use it for all its functions. if you don't inform yourself about what a game requires beforehand then you won't be able to play it until you buy whatever accessory it forces on you
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yama » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Going to rename this Next Gen speculation. Obviously as we all know, news and such is to be posted as a new thread. I'll leave this thread open to speculate and discuss what the next generation may bring however.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Re: Next Generation Speculation

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:56 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL63xi7PD2E[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Still being talked about as speculation but it's always growing.The next xbox will require an internet connection to start games.

"If there isn't a connection, no games or apps can be started," the source continued. "If the connection is interrupted then after a period of time--currently three minutes, if I remember correctly--the game/app is suspended and the network troubleshooter started."

Microsoft is doing a good job of pushing me away to Sony.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:54 pm

"That said, a caution and a caveat: other sources familiar with the codenamed Durango console have told us that they are still unaware of any Microsoft plans regarding an online requirement. No one has been able to say it's not true and some have speculated that this is required at the operating system level and therefore isn't something Microsoft has to tell all developers or retail partners. Microsoft also has the ability to change this type of requirement seemingly at a moment's notice through changes in firmware or networking infrastructure."

:lol: And its parts like this that make me think sites are just making shit up as they go along.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:52 pm

This is not gonna go over well with a majority of people. Talk about controlling. If they are doing that I doubt you can play used games either.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Mitsuzuki » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Moar sources pointing to an "always on" Durango:

http://kotaku.com/the-next-xbox-will-require-an-internet-connection-to-st-470062456

If this is something Microsoft is seriously considering, they are poising themselves to be well out of serious contention in the next generation. Mind boggling.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:08 am

They just want to try to force people to buy xbox live every year.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming