What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Kenny » Mon May 30, 2011 9:49 am

Riku Rose wrote:
Kenny wrote:Playing Fable 2 to finish it.

It's still good. I think i'm almost done with the story. It gets super crazy with the fights and the combat system is just too awesome. It should be overly complicated but I really got the hang of casting spells and aiming my rifle at my enemie's heads for insta-kill. Only problem I have is that sometimes when I do the insta-kills, it cancels itself out when I press the L trigger too early. Kind of annoying but otherwise its still awesome.

In the distant future, will be looking forward to Fable 3. Hopefully it'll be like $12 by the time I pick it up like I did this one.

If I ever went back on Fable II the amount of money I would get would be insane.

You mean for renting the houses?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:49 am

Still playing Lufia on DS. Never played the originals, but I love this one. As I've said, very similar to the newer Ys games in its combat system. And aside from that, the design work is incredible. Really great character designs, and some of the environments (the city of Parcelyte, in particular) are just beautiful.
Just passed the second boss battle with Gades. I love one-on-one, man-to-man fights like this. Hell of a lot of fun.

Also played a bit more of Guilty Gear 2: Overture for the 360, and I have to say: I really don't understand the flak it's gotten.
The game is fun as hell. It's obviously a bit lower-budget than most other "stylish" action games you might play (which is mostly evident in the game's cutscenes, which are admittedly pretty poorly-animated), but the gameplay is a blast. I just finished the first real boss battle (mission 5, against Raven), and though it might not have been on the level of, say, a Devil May Cry boss battle, it was still pretty damn near it. Smooth, flashy, and intense.
It has its problems, sure, but so far it's nothing I can't easily overlook in the name of fun.
Actually making me want to get into the fighting games now. Maybe even BlazBlue.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:26 am

OL wrote:Still playing Lufia on DS. Never played the originals, but I love this one. As I've said, very similar to the newer Ys games in its combat system. And aside from that, the design work is incredible. Really great character designs, and some of the environments (the city of Parcelyte, in particular) are just beautiful.
Just passed the second boss battle with Gades. I love one-on-one, man-to-man fights like this. Hell of a lot of fun.

Also played a bit more of Guilty Gear 2: Overture for the 360, and I have to say: I really don't understand the flak it's gotten.
The game is fun as hell. It's obviously a bit lower-budget than most other "stylish" action games you might play (which is mostly evident in the game's cutscenes, which are admittedly pretty poorly-animated), but the gameplay is a blast. I just finished the first real boss battle (mission 5, against Raven), and though it might not have been on the level of, say, a Devil May Cry boss battle, it was still pretty damn near it. Smooth, flashy, and intense.
It has its problems, sure, but so far it's nothing I can't easily overlook in the name of fun.
Actually making me want to get into the fighting games now. Maybe even BlazBlue.

The Flak is mostly because its not so great. The controls are stiff and unresponsive, the enemy ai is about as thick as month old milk and its pretty monotonous. I still picked it up in a bargain bin and played it. Its faults got exaggerated and people jumped on how "horrible" it is but its not bad just meh.

Lufia is a really bad remake but a really great game. They kept the same general idea but man did they screw with it, don't mind great game but just to warn you the originals are veeeeeery different.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Oppy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:32 am

Yer, one of my mates was a big fan of the original lufia games, and he hated the DS remake for some reason..
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:33 am

Be quite some time but I have settled my next game purchase will be DS now I have wanted Crono Trigger but lately being reading up on Lufia SNES and DS. Any suggestions which one to get first?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Oppy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:40 am

Have you played Chrono Trigger? I would go for Chrono Trigger, but only cos its one of the best rpgs I have ever played, Lufia on the snes was awesome and i have'nt played the ds remake, but for someone whos played neither I'd reccomend Chrono Trigger.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:42 am

Nope never have sadly.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:51 am

thats a toughie, Crono is great, alot of firsts when it came out, and its still a great game but Lufia DS is also great, and I think its better to play the remake then play the originals since you won't have a bias. Both are getting pretty rare, and both sold poorly and went out of print. They even cost the same amount. You can go either way and win.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby OL » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:53 am

Well Chrono Trigger is an essential classic. It's an absolute must at some point, and the DS version is excellent. Really well-worth it.
On the other hand, the DS Lufia is a lot like Ys, and I'm pretty sure you'd like it a hell of a lot because of that.

Take from that what you will.

Segata wrote:The Flak is mostly because its not so great. The controls are stiff and unresponsive, the enemy ai is about as thick as month old milk and its pretty monotonous. I still picked it up in a bargain bin and played it. Its faults got exaggerated and people jumped on how "horrible" it is but its not bad just meh.

Yeah, well, as I said:
OL wrote:It has its problems, sure, but so far it's nothing I can't easily overlook in the name of fun.

I personally don't find the controls to be a problem at all. They're not unresponsive, they just require timing, and most people probably just wanted to button-mash.
I'll never understand AI complaints with games like these, since the enemies are really just there to attack en-mass. Not like enemies are much "smarter" in Devil May Cry, God of War, Dynasty Warriors, Sengoku Basara, or any other like-minded game.
And monotony is just in the eye of the beholder. I could complain of a thousand other more popular games being monotonous as well, but the way I've always figured it, different games just have a different rhythm to them.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:59 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:thats a toughie, Crono is great, alot of firsts when it came out, and its still a great game but Lufia DS is also great, and I think its better to play the remake then play the originals since you won't have a bias. Both are getting pretty rare, and both sold poorly and went out of print. They even cost the same amount. You can go either way and win.

Too Late I saw Crono 14$ new and Lufia was 30$ I had just enough for Crono. :D
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:02 am

Still an excellent choice.
I've actually never finished it. Got right up to the end, tried to beat the last boss a few times, then got distracted by other things.
Still left a great impression on me. Absolutely love the Chrono series.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Already put in 7 hours and i'm amazed by the structure of this game :)
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby OL » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:04 pm

^^I'm afraid of that game.
:lol:
I started it and got a few hours in a while back, but I'm so afraid that I'm going to fuck everything up, not finish the game fast enough, etc...
The structure of it makes me feel like I'm going to invest 30, 40, 50 hours into it, then still get a bad ending and have to start over.
I even have the strategy guide, and I'm still afraid of it.
Need to actually try my way through it sometime. The gameplay, graphics, music, and story are all fantastic as far as I've seen. I'm just worried about that structure and "time" limit.

Anyone have any thoughts that might assuage my fears?
I've never actually heard much talk about it, I'm only going by what I know from the manual and the game itself.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:06 pm

100% L.A. Noire so until the last 2 DLC cases come out i think ill go back to Mass Effect 2 for my last save. A few good and bad choices and Tali. Might also have to try and kill Jacob off.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby rens of heavens » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. I was on 665 wins, thinking I could get the 666 win against the Devil Ghost Jinpachi. That did not count as a win so I made up for it.

Bad image ok forget that focus on this instead!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMSW413veIk[/youtube]
rens of heavens
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming