Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Still think it will be announced as Final Fantasy XV for Durango and PS4
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:29 pm

About a month ago Square announced statues for the FFX HD release and then showed some footage (If you can call it that). But yeah at least it seems to have not been canceled.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 am

After really thinking about this, I reaized that there hasnt been a up to par "true" Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy X. Sure XII was an awesome game, but its story was seriously lacking and its one thing I have always held against that game, the world and battles just suck you in in XII, so in that respect to me certain standards of the series were risen in different areas in FFXII and thats what made it special. But I say X because it was basically sakaguchi's last hurrah with the series before leaving square, its story is awesome, characters as well, and I would wager the most fun/modern iteration in the series when it comes to the turn based ATB system. I guess that leads me to saying that I believe 1-10 are kind of in their own league, they all had some kind of big fanbase for each game, but everyone has played them all, but there is one each different fan thinks is the best and its usually one of the games from 1-10. I dont know, I guess sakaguchis involvement is some what important, as he was the creator, and there has been alot of change in the series since he left square, some in good aspects, others not so much. I wont even get into the argument of XIII and beyond for that would be rhetorical around this place. The good news is that there are 12 games (not counting XI and XIV) and only one of them is subpar, and I am still anxious to see what FF15 is like I dont completely hate the series in its current form post-sakaguchi, I just need to see the next game. hell maybe we will even get our chance at that at E3 this year. I am just saying that the series could still get good again, and its ok if its not exactly like it was, just as long as its still good. If Square wants to sell millions of copies again, they are going to have to start making AAA JRPGs again, and leading the pack in terms of setting standards and driving the genre forward, as we all know the japanese have been struggling with game development this gen, but I have faith that one game will come out and change everything ala FF7, Zelda OoT, Shenmue fashion.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 am

X reminds me a lot of XIII. Why I just can't get into it and thought the story was stupid. So Yuna is a crazy bitch living in a fantasy world that needs to be in a institution. While I like some RPG's that are linear X was just too much. The sphere thing was stupid as well. I am not saying it's a horrible game but really did have some stupid shit in it. Was rather meh to me. XII to me had some of the best characters ever in the series mainly Balt. XII minus Vaan is one of the best in the entire series. I liked the more political focused aspect. The Judges were flat out awesome. Game also had a cool Star Wars vibe in it's own way. It also helps me now knowing that it takes place in Ivalice. Another reason I love TLS is it reminds me of Ivalice. I really loved the Europeon/Egyptian themed architecture in the first town. Battle system and Xenoblades are not all that different. If Square made a FF like XII again I'd be happy.

Even Captain Picard Approved of FFXII

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Rakim
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:08 am

we all know thats patrick stewart! I will also say that Ivalice is one of the most addicting worlds in the entire series, and a few of the games take place there.

Also, I dont really know where exactly you are coming from saying XIII was like X, I mean maybe in some small aspects, but really that style started in FFVIII, but as far as the worlds go, they are nothing alike, all 3 games. XIII just tried way too hard.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 am

Going a little Dorian here. Ok so X isn't a bad game but in the pic is lumped with those others. Let's just say I feel those are bad entries to the FF series. Yeah even LR because it's still Lightning and XIII.

The only FF released I can say at this point I have not at least touched is V. (I don't count MMO's as the main series)

I know minority here. Did not care for X but adored XII despite Vaan.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:47 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: we all know thats patrick stewart! I will also say that Ivalice is one of the most addicting worlds in the entire series, and a few of the games take place there.

Also, I dont really know where exactly you are coming from saying XIII was like X, I mean maybe in some small aspects, but really that style started in FFVIII, but as far as the worlds go, they are nothing alike, all 3 games. XIII just tried way too hard.

Well its a chosen one story that featured a story flow that moved specifically from line to line when it came to maps. Then theres the sphere grid and crysaterium. The rigid class structure (Tidus is fast enough to hit some enemies, Auron breaks armor, Wakka hurts fliers. Each character has a specific role and part of the system is switching the roles based on the battle's pacing)

They are pretty similar when you get down to the nitty gritty of it. X gave people more stuff to do but theres plenty of X in XIII.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Well considering X is one of my most favorite in the series, and I dispised XIII... I mean as I said earlier its not just X that is in XIII. They did get rid of the world map in X if thats what you mean and i can see why that made it linear BUT good story good characters good world and good battle system made up for that. then XII flipped the script on the world map and kind of fixed that problem from X, then XIII just seemed like it digressed to being more linear without all the positive aspects that made X shine.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Chosen is a cool storyline the first time you see it, but after trying to convince "Girl", Feena, Elena, Colette and a bunch of others to live for the sake of love I got a little tired of it.

Now think about the characters themselves. What makes Vanille, a cheerful girl, bound by tradition, filled by guilt and marching to her death for a greater good that maintains a status quo, different from Yuna, a cheerful girl, bound by tradition, filled by guilt and marching to her death for a greater good that maintains a status quo.

I mean you're right the characters are stronger because they actually talk about where they come from and give them motivation and emotion (not just "Grrrrr I'm an angry cunt on the rag" like lightning") but the similarities are there. Lulu, Kimari and Auron need prozac, and Wakka, Tidus and Rikku need some vitamin R.

The reason they though XIII was a good idea was X, and honestly I can't say I ever truly liked it, I hated the battle system because in being so specifically strategic and obvious it robbed the player of actual strategy, the story and characters were comparatively flat to the games I was playing at the time, and I hated going in straight lines. A lot of the same complaints can be directed at both games.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: A lot of the same complaints can be directed at both games.

No. Just no. Dont you even compare FFXIII to my precious FFX! :P
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:32 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: A lot of the same complaints can be directed at both games.

No. Just no. Dont you even compare FFXIII to my precious FFX! :P

Yes just yes. It's true it's true. It's damn true.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:37 pm

On a serious note, they are only similar in some design aspects, and to be perfectly honest about it, yall are exagerating the similarities. These are 2 totally different games with totally different worlds characters story music etc., with X obviously being the better game. now stop trolling me because I like FFX!!!!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:46 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: On a serious note, they are only similar in some design aspects, and to be perfectly honest about it, yall are exagerating the similarities. These are 2 totally different games with totally different worlds characters story music etc., with X obviously being the better game. now stop trolling me because I like FFX!!!!

That's wy you like it so much. I see that now :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:01 pm

dick.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:02 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: dick.

Munter
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming