Nintendo Switch

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Kintor » Sun May 28, 2017 7:22 am

shredingskin wrote: Like everyone knows playing on a cellphone sucks, full of shovelware, freemium, shitty controls, little screens, badly optimized. Then you're even wronger about the switch, it's the only console you can have multiplayer on the go with a single console and a cleverly piece of industrial design. Not only that but the graphics card of the switch it's pretty powerful even compared to the newest phones that cost the double.

I already refuted all the negative claims you've made about mobile gaming. There are a lot of high quality games on smartphones, not just free to play but also full-price games. This includes ports of classic console, arcade and PC games; among the original high quality titles being developed for mobile now. Of course, even the free to play games are also high enjoyable and offer plenty of gameplay without demanding an excessive amount of micro-transactions; you just have to do your research first before you download a game to make you’re aware of what you’re getting into, which is no different than any other platform.

Screen size isn't a problem either; I already pointed out how my Note 4 (a model released in 2014) has a screen almost as big as the Switch and still much better picture quality then Switch thanks to the Note 4's Super OLED screen. While touch controls are intuitive and surprisingly responsive; plus if you need extra precision there is a variety of Bluetooth controllers available. As for the graphical power, high end smartphones already equal or surpass the Switch's capabilities, in another 18 months the next generation of smartphones will eclipse the Switch.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Sun May 28, 2017 9:10 am

I'm starting to really get into ARMS, quite a game, hopefully the singleplayer has a good ammount of content, it's really really fun.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kintor » Sun May 28, 2017 9:17 am

shredingskin wrote: I'm starting to really get into ARMS, quite a game, hopefully the singleplayer has a good ammount of content, it's really really fun.

So looks like you've given up talking about the smartphones gaming vs the Switch. Although I do find it funny how you'd attack the quality of games available on mobile today and then somehow defend ARMs. In the ends ARMs is little better than a tech demo masquerading as a full game. Nintendo would've been better off trying to include ARMs as part of a demo cartridge bundled with every Switch at launch.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sun May 28, 2017 10:51 am

Kintor wrote:
shredingskin wrote: I'm starting to really get into ARMS, quite a game, hopefully the singleplayer has a good ammount of content, it's really really fun.

So looks like you've given up talking about the smartphones gaming vs the Switch. Although I do find it funny how you'd attack the quality of games available on mobile today and then somehow defend ARMs. In the ends ARMs is little better than a tech demo masquerading as a full game. Nintendo would've been better off trying to include ARMs as part of a demo cartridge bundled with every Switch at launch.

Some people prefer to remain on planet Earth. You shouldn't take offense if no one wants to blast off with you.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby shredingskin » Sun May 28, 2017 11:33 am

I went into a MK8 rampage, I'm really liking the game. I didn't understood how important is dashing in this game.

I did bought thumper, it's ok, challenging, but most of the time I don;t know if I'm following the visuals or the music, and it gets kinda repetitive, not that much into it TBH, but It's quite a refreshing take on whatever the game genre is.

I bought metal slug 3 just for kicks, I'll probably buy the binding of isaac physical, and I'm wondering if getting shovel knight. I literraly feel like I should feed this machine games, fucking charming piece of hardware.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun May 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Thief wrote: Nobody here know's anything about the videogame business, this argument is stupid, can we just talk about how awesome ARMS looks, fucking christ.

Segata Sanshiro jr has been teaching me a lot about game design and the inner workings of a lot of things as we are still good buds and talk daily. Not for commercial purposes but I started making my own little game just to experiment.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kintor » Sun May 28, 2017 8:08 pm

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Some people prefer to remain on planet Earth. You shouldn't take offense if no one wants to blast off with you.

You can't keep denying Nintendo's problems forever; sooner or later some bad news is going to creep in around here. Not the least of which is the Switch's lack of third-party support. Nintendo really is out of touch if that they think something like Splatoon is an acceptable replacement for a real multiplayer shooter like Overwatch. The same is true of ARMS as well; it's a laughable weak excuse for a fighting game at a time when Injustice 2 is launching on everything from the PS4 to Android but not the Switch.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Sun May 28, 2017 8:45 pm

Kintor wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote: Some people prefer to remain on planet Earth. You shouldn't take offense if no one wants to blast off with you.

You can't keep denying Nintendo's problems forever; sooner or later some bad news is going to creep in around here. Not the least of which is the Switch's lack of third-party support. Nintendo really is out of touch if that they think something like Splatoon is an acceptable replacement for a real multiplayer shooter like Overwatch. The same is true of ARMS as well; it's a laughable weak excuse for a fighting game at a time when Injustice 2 is launching on everything from the PS4 to Android but not the Switch.

I know this is pointless on a person like you but could not help myself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... itch_games
There are currently 217 games on this list.

Exclusive = 24
Nintendo exclusive = 8
Multiplatform = 173
Exclusivity unknown = 12

Oh and Splatoon outsold Halo 5. Sold 1.5 mill in Japan and 5 mill overall on a system with only 13 mill sold. Splatoon 2 will sell. ARMS actually looks pretty damn good for a game that takes from Virtual On. It will likely sell very well. Splatoon is a great game; It feels like Nintendo took Jet Set Radio and turned it into a online shooter.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Sun May 28, 2017 9:52 pm

Bluecast wrote:ARMS actually looks pretty damn good for a game that takes from Virtual On.

Meanwhile at SEGA:

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Bluecast
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kintor » Sun May 28, 2017 11:37 pm

Bluecast wrote: Oh and Splatoon outsold Halo 5. Sold 1.5 mill in Japan and 5 mill overall on a system with only 13 mill sold. Splatoon 2 will sell. ARMS actually looks pretty damn good for a game that takes from Virtual On. It will likely sell very well. Splatoon is a great game; It feels like Nintendo took Jet Set Radio and turned it into a online shooter.

I'm talking about Overwatch when comparing a popular modern FPS to Splatoon. You know Overwatch, the game that now has over 30 million registered players:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/over ... es-numbers

Just think about that, more than twice the number of people are playing Overwatch today then every Wii U that was ever sold. Nintendo can't compete with that kind of demographic shift. It's a joke that they'd even think Splatoon would have a chance at bringing gamers back to Nintendo platforms when something like Overwatch already exists on other platforms.

Not to mention how the Switch doesn't even have proper voice chat. Nintendo expects you to use your phone while playing on the Switch, if you want to talk to anybody during multiplayer. That's simply not good enough.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 29, 2017 1:05 am

You're comparing a multi platform game to Splatoon a 1st party exclusive. :lol: You even ignore the clear evidence of 3rd party support. There are so many errors with your post it's quite hilarious. I can't take you seriously in all the silliness you post. I'm going to bow out. It's just a waste of time.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Mon May 29, 2017 4:16 am

Fuck, apparently the "NMH related game" is actually going to be NMH3:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/281117-su ... evival-gen

Spank me and call me martha.

EDIT: fuck, didn't read the article, it still "a NMH game"...
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kintor » Mon May 29, 2017 6:52 am

Bluecast wrote: You're comparing a multi platform game to Splatoon a 1st party exclusive. You even ignore the clear evidence of 3rd party support. There are so many errors with your post it's quite hilarious. I can't take you seriously in all the silliness you post. I'm going to bow out. It's just a waste of time.

This is part of Nintendo's problem; they aren't just competing against one platform but every other platform at the same time. Even obvious rivals like Sony and Microsoft benefit from running similarly powerful hardware, both consoles get the majority of AAA multiplatform games. Sometimes these games ever have cross-platform multiplayer, bridging the divide between PlayStation and Xbox fans. It's a common ground and a common conversation that Nintendo is simply missing out on. Gamers from all over the world, on consoles and PC can talk about a shared loved of Overwatch and other games following in its example. Nintendo's Splatoon is not part of that conversation; it's a bizarre parody of a team based shooter existing in its own isolated bubble.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Nintendo Switch

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Mon May 29, 2017 9:07 am

Kintor wrote:

I'm not ignoring Nintendo's problems. The thing is, none of what you're presenting as problems are actually problems. I'm not even going to address the mobile gaming thing because it's completely absurd, absent of relevant facts, and something you just pulled out of your ass. The fact that you're attacking games that you've never played (like ARMS) in such a matter-of-fact manner is proof positive that you're just a troll. You're not here for a rational discussion, you're here to shit post, and trying to argue with someone like you is insanity.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Kintor » Mon May 29, 2017 11:41 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote: I'm not ignoring Nintendo's problems. The thing is, none of what you're presenting as problems are actually problems. I'm not even going to address the mobile gaming thing because it's completely absurd, absent of relevant facts, and something you just pulled out of your ass.

Mobile gaming has been gaining popularity for over a decade now thanks to the invention of smartphones. Like I said in an earlier post, even Nintendo is belatedly trying to develop mobile games. It's just one example of how Nintendo has fallen behind technologically. The lack of basic features that other platforms take for granted just leaves Nintendo isolated as a company, as the Switch blindly misses out on the latest games and the latest trends shaping the industry.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming