Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:31 pm

:shock: ...I got steam to work...only took 25 times to get my password and 5 years since I first joined steam. I got to try the demo of Ys Origins and the demo sucks with a keyboard. I also got Portal downloaded finally! Now can play it for the first time since I originally played it in 2008
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Ryudo wrote: :shock: ...I got steam to work...only took 25 times to get my password and 5 years since I first joined steam. I got to try the demo of Ys Origins and the demo sucks with a keyboard. I also got Portal downloaded finally! Now can play it for the first time since I originally played it in 2008

Two things tou could try.

1. Try and get the drivers for the PS3 controller, its a bit complicated to set up but you should be able to finegle it using a program.

2. do you have a wired 360 controller? should plug and play like a motherfucker.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Ryudo wrote: :shock: ...I got steam to work...only took 25 times to get my password and 5 years since I first joined steam. I got to try the demo of Ys Origins and the demo sucks with a keyboard. I also got Portal downloaded finally! Now can play it for the first time since I originally played it in 2008

Two things tou could try.

1. Try and get the drivers for the PS3 controller, its a bit complicated to set up but you should be able to finegle it using a program.

2. do you have a wired 360 controller? should plug and play like a motherfucker.

I have a USB adapter for PS2 controller and worked for that Mega Man X Street Fighter Fan game
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 pm

you should be able to use that. Theres a few free controller adapters like control IMK and joy2key that can get you up and running if you can't get the game to read the controller directly.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm

QWERTY wrote:
Peter wrote:The best part is i am 19 hours played and still on the first disc. If the second disc is longer, and this game.goes over 40 hours i will be gobsmacked. Think i might have to frequent the Biohaze forums for a while after this.

:-s

I don't remember it being that long, although it has been 8 years since I played it.

It may not be, but ive been taking my time and enjoying it. I dont use the run feature all that often, and i buy the treasure maps to collect the rare items to sell to the merchant to upgrade my weapons.

Right now i am coming to the end of Salazars castle and i have a sneaking suspicion that the first disc will end once i complete that part.

Still a cracking game though. I didnt have much hope for RE when it progressed from CV, but i have been pleasantly surprised. I cant compare the two in terms of which is better though. I love the fixed camera pre rendered scenes from the old skool games, but this generations 3D execution and level design is equally as good. Slightly less scary, more actiony, but atmospherically and environmentally as good.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Calshot » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:01 am

Damn, my character in Persona 3: FES has more of a social life than I did when I was in high school.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:02 am

Calshot wrote: Damn, my character in Persona 3: FES has more of a social life than I did when I was in high school.

that's the point
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:09 am

Shawn removed the part about me collapsing from exhaustion because I think someone got offended because they thought it was a joke. It wasn't, I actually did (you might notice the line about my emails that were "odd" doesn't quite flow into the next paragraph, because a part is missing)

http://beatdowncity.com/treachery-in-la ... -build-up/

I think I mentioned this when I beat PW1 but maaaan even in PW2 a bunch of the people in the credits are at Platinum games. Capcom lost so much talent.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:10 am

Peter wrote:
QWERTY wrote:
Peter wrote:The best part is i am 19 hours played and still on the first disc. If the second disc is longer, and this game.goes over 40 hours i will be gobsmacked. Think i might have to frequent the Biohaze forums for a while after this.

I don't remember it being that long, although it has been 8 years since I played it.

It may not be, but ive been taking my time and enjoying it. I dont use the run feature all that often, and i buy the treasure maps to collect the rare items to sell to the merchant to upgrade my weapons.

Right now i am coming to the end of Salazars castle and i have a sneaking suspicion that the first disc will end once i complete that part.

Still a cracking game though. I didnt have much hope for RE when it progressed from CV, but i have been pleasantly surprised. I cant compare the two in terms of which is better though. I love the fixed camera pre rendered scenes from the old skool games, but this generations 3D execution and level design is equally as good. Slightly less scary, more actiony, but atmospherically and environmentally as good.

I won't ruin it for you but there's still quite a fair bit to go after that, including a very memorable boss battle (not the last boss though). It is a great game, one of the last that truly grabbed my attention and made me want to finish it.

QWERTY has received a thanks from: Peter
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:02 am

Isn't meant to be a troll thingy so I'll post it here instead of the other topic. Still made me laugh..

Crimson Ryan has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Perfect_Chaos
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:39 am

SEGA fans with a 360

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56680/massive-sega ... to-67-off/

Lots of deals but Guardian Heroes - 160 MP! Everyone should buy that.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Giorgio » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Some people on Twitter said that "Microsoft may reverse its DRM policies to be even less strict than the PS4's". There is not any reliable source at the moment... heh
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Perfect_Chaos
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Peter wrote:
QWERTY wrote:

Just wait until you meet the Regenerators, you will shit bricks.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming