Biohazard

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:40 pm

Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:07 pm

I am starting to think the way this is turning out why didn't they just start a new IP(besides the name being familiar)..granted RE4 was amazing but since RE4 and now looks to be RE5 they just should have started a new IP.

Maybe kept the RE series as the 4th was originally going to be (anyone who remembers the ghost vids)
:?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Nick Tyndall » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:12 pm

Playing the demo now and I have to say it's looking to be a great game, first Resident Evil I will buy. My only problem is, though this could be down to a lack of understanding of the controls, is that moving the character and selecting weapons is a bit clumsy.
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:26 pm

I think the argument that RE5 is RE4.5 is a crap one, although that is how i felt before, my mind has changed. RE1 through to Code Veronica were all basically the same game set in different locations with new characters.

The controls can be changed to something similar to the controls found in Gears Of War if you like or to the classic RE control scheme (because all RE4 basically did was change the camera angle, nothing more). I agree though, RE is very clunky, and always will be, to play. The demo is freaking sweet and the fact that you can actually play online is wonderful. Loving the fact that you can stomp on the enemies when they're down and send them flying down the stairs with a well placed boot!

Also, Spencer (the man behind everything, I mean, can't you just tell; they're always in wheelchairs and ancient nowadays, MGS4 anybody?) is in this game, supposedly because they're going to tie up the Umbrella storyline once and for all! You can just tell this is gonna be epic (Spencer, Jill, Chris and Wesker all together for one final showdown). My previous qualms with the game are gone, indefinitely.

Wesker is still obviously inspired by somebody isn't he?

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby GambiT » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Played the demo and i must say it has some of the best graphics outside of the likes of gears of war and resident evil.
The game is very very good but its shit. I want resident evil back, it doesn't scare me at all and it doesn't do anything that resident evil 4 doesn't do better. Its like army of two but with even worse ai. She's a fucking ammo stealing whore who always gets her tits in the way just as im trying to run past the chainsaw wielding asshole who makes his obligatory fan service appearance because he was good in resi 4.
fuck off capcom, give me street fighter, a new lost planet and a new dead rising then go fuck off and die with nintendo. Can't wait to see what Mikami pulls off.
GambiT
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Satoshi » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:36 am

I actually really like the game. I haven't really has an A.I. issues cuz I have a friend to play with, but I can figure it would get really fucking annoying without another human to play with.

My biggest issue is the controls. I'm used to them now, but god damn the characters move like fucking tanks. But I suppose it's supposed to add to a feeling of "desperation" seeing as it's survival-horror.
Satoshi
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Nick Tyndall » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:43 am

Satoshi-kun wrote:I actually really like the game. I haven't really has an A.I. issues cuz I have a friend to play with, but I can figure it would get really fucking annoying without another human to play with.

My biggest issue is the controls. I'm used to them now, but god damn the characters move like fucking tanks. But I suppose it's supposed to add to a feeling of "desperation" seeing as it's survival-horror.

True, I hate that you can't walk and shoot and for some reason, when you're the female character, she's is positiond on the left hand side of the screen with the camera looking over her left shoulder, I really do hope they change this.

It's looking like one of those games which could be excellent, only if they correct a few minor problems which have a major effect on gameplay. The game does not come accross as scary, though you do get a bit of a rush when you see a few people running at you!
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:01 pm

GambiT wrote:Played the demo and i must say it has some of the best graphics outside of the likes of gears of war and resident evil.
The game is very very good but its shit. I want resident evil back, it doesn't scare me at all and it doesn't do anything that resident evil 4 doesn't do better. Its like army of two but with even worse ai. She's a fucking ammo stealing whore who always gets her tits in the way just as im trying to run past the chainsaw wielding asshole who makes his obligatory fan service appearance because he was good in resi 4.
fuck off capcom, give me street fighter, a new lost planet and a new dead rising then go fuck off and die with nintendo. Can't wait to see what Mikami pulls off.

The game is very very good but it is shit? :roll:

It'll be better than GOW2 ever was. :D
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby redline » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:59 am

gow was shit.

anyway when is this xbox demo gonna be free and not just for gold-members?
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ocky27 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:12 pm

I interrupted my regularly scheduled editing to bring you this. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2csvRZd3_5I

-Mike
Ocky27
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: Ock McGee

Postby Les » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:18 am

If you don"t have a game capable p.c. and you have an X 360 but your not online with dsl then you can"t even play the demo, their should have been an actual demo disk released like for R.E. 4, not just a down loaded version.

For those that can play the female partner to Chris online thru your p.c. or the ethernet with X box live if your online with dsl then co op play sounds like fun but if your not and depending on the ingame A.I. to keep your partner alive I hope it doesn't turn out to be more annoying & frustraiting trying to keep your A.I. partner alive then it is fun & challenging as you progress thru the game.
Les
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:50 pm

^ DSL is cheap.14$ a month.
Demo CDs don't have much point anymore and DLC is cheaper to do so there is practically no demand anymore for a demo CD.
==============================================

Speaking of the demo I hear people complaining about the constant yelling from chris "come on"
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:54 pm

Downloaded the demo on the PS store. Pretty fun. But I've only done single player. I need to try it with my brother later on. Sheva's AI really isn't very competent.
Only other complaint is that it doesn't seem like the game will have much in the way of exploration/adventure as other games have. Especially since it has coop through the whole game, I fear it's going to be just shooting, shooting, shooting...
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby redline » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:44 pm

i dont know why ppl have slagged off the demo, i found it all quite good.

have you people SEEN the masive warlock mother fucker you have to fight!?

redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:56 pm

Yeah you had to fight a bunch of them in RE4.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming