Wii U

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Wii U

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 am

Its not something for gamers to freak out about [yet] but Nintendo wont need the negative comments coming from devs so soon after the console launches. But then hey some moaned about DVD and the 360 is still going strong.

Looks like it didn't turn out a complete mess after all

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8p-8-Ju9g[/youtube]

Most the comments seem to be about if the reviewer is male or female :lol:

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:09 am

Unreal 4 can run on it so may not be all that bad. Widely used engine and maye much easier to port. The only thing for Wii U that has my interest is Rayman Legends and Boynetta 2. Few other games are a interest but not sure at full price like Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101. However Wii U nneds something like GTA and I mean GTAV

EDIT Seems Dice is bringing BF4 to it

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/battlefield-3-on-wii-u/
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Tred » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:25 am

Dunno why, but I'm just not interested in the Wii U still. Thought at least by now they'd have something that would grab my attention. But nope. To me, Nintendo seems to be playing catch up with the 360 and ps3. The problem, of course, is what happens when the MS and Sony announce there new consoles.

Regardless of MS and Sony, I'm just not confident in Nintendo's ability. They say there going to get 3rd party support, and I'm sure they'll get some. But how much and for how long? Some say, "I buy Nintendo consoles for there own games anyway". That's a fair point, but for me it's not enough. They keep spewing out the same franchises (Zelda, Mario etc), but completely ignore others. Where's F-Zero, Starfox, A console pokemon game like the handhelds etc..
Tred
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:28 am

Had the controller in my hands 30 minutes ago, at a Worten store.
No big impressions, nor positive nor negative.
Just wouldn't want to play a game with it for more than a couple hours. It's not heavy but still.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Bluecast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:06 pm

http://www.examiner.com/article/amd-tec ... -the-e6760

Seems the reports of the GPU being a R7XX series were wrong but a newer GPU since it is after all a GPGPU of Radeon E6760.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm waiting for a console with a GPGPGPUGPGPUGPGPGPU Radeon LFGM9984.32.
Until that day, I'm not buying a new console.

OL has received a thanks from: Kenny
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Don't act like you're buying the WiiU, mister. :p
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Bluecast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:14 pm

OL wrote: I'm waiting for a console with a GPGPGPUGPGPUGPGPGPU Radeon LFGM9984.32.
Until that day, I'm not buying a new console.

That's this thing. Okama Gamesphere

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: OL, Rakim
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:27 am

Seeing a few people un happy with and returning the pro controller because it doesn't work on half the games including Nintendoland or Mario co-op.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:36 am

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/22/ninte ... se-rpg-fa/

Wii U may be a big RPG platform in Japan.

TBH it's already halfway there as it has DQX and Monster Hunter. Monolith developing a title for it and Mistwalker.
is. Be wierd to see a Nintendo console be king of JRPG's. Not had that since SNES. Scares me really as since NOA hates RPG's like Bernie Stolar did,may never see half of them.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:24 am

Who Really Cares? wrote: Seeing a few people un happy with and returning the pro controller because it doesn't work on half the games including Nintendoland or Mario co-op.

whats funny is that those are two of the only games that don't, i even tried it on a few games that said they didn't (like Sega Racing Transformed) and it did.

Ryudo wrote:http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/22/nintendos-wii-u-may-be-an-attractive-device-for-japanese-rpg-fa/

Wii U may be a big RPG platform in Japan.

TBH it's already halfway there as it has DQX and Monster Hunter. Monolith developing a title for it and Mistwalker.
is. Be wierd to see a Nintendo console be king of JRPG's. Not had that since SNES. Scares me really as since NOA hates RPG's like Bernie Stolar did,may never see half of them.

I really hope things swing that way. hopefully Intelligent and Camelot also jump on board.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:58 pm

If you still have a SDtv and planning to get a Wii U. May want to re think that. Wii U have major issues on SDTV
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501275

Also to put any rumor correct or wrong a tear down of the system if curious about the GPU,CPU and other stuff
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/14080 ... ils-emerge
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:

I really hope things swing that way. hopefully Intelligent and Camelot also jump on board.

mmmm golden sun on wii-u
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:19 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote: Seeing a few people un happy with and returning the pro controller because it doesn't work on half the games including Nintendoland or Mario co-op.

whats funny is that those are two of the only games that don't, i even tried it on a few games that said they didn't (like Sega Racing Transformed) and it did.

That's good to know but odd that 2 Nintendo games don't support it.

Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime reckons third-party games like Call of Duty “look dramatically better” on Wii U.

In an interview with CNN Fils-Aime said the Wii U specifications are “more graphically intensive” than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Here's a transcript of the interview, below.

CNN: In terms of specs, the Wii is pretty much on par with the Xbox 360 and the PS3. But we know Sony and Microsoft are set to release new consoles next year. Aren't you worried about the timing and that the Wii U will be a generation behind your rivals?

Reggie Fils-Aime: Well first off I have to correct you. The specs are quite different than the competitive systems, much more graphically intensive. If you do a side by side comparison you would actually see third-party games like Call of Duty look dramatically better on our system.

In terms of what competition's going to do in the future, we'll see. We know based on our own development this two screen gaming experience really is the next innovation consumers are gravitating to.

It's selling extremely well here in the Americas. Already stocks are quote low in the marketplace. We're rapidly replenishing. So for us, certainly the consumer is deciding the innovation is well worth the investment.

Already gamers have questioned Fils-Aime's comments, which contradict Digital Foundry's analysis of the graphical prowess of the Wii U.

In Richard Leadbetter's recently-published Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Wii U Face-off he wrote:

“The Wii U version matches the look of the Xbox 360 game and thus gives it an edge visually over the PlayStation 3 release, but unfortunately it comes up well short in terms of performance - an aspect that is all-important to the playability of a COD title.

“The frame-rate variance is such that the PS3 game feels generally smoother, while the 360 release feels like an entirely different game in the more demanding levels. Bearing in mind the commonalities in hardware design between Wii U and Xbox 360, we can't help but feel somewhat disappointed that Black Ops 2 under-performs so noticeably.”

Meanwhile, Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari, has expressed his doubts about the Wii U, out in the UK this Friday.

In a piece on Nintendo in the New York Times Bushnell said he was “baffled” by the Wii U.

“I don't think it's going to be a big success,” he said. Then, commenting on video game consoles in general, he added: “These things will continue to sputter along, but I really don't think they'll be of major import ever again.

“It feels like the end of an era to me.”

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... r-on-wii-u

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=137X2LcF-wM[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Strikeout » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:29 pm

preordered a wii u on amazon an getting the second load of it on the 12. of december :???: its the premium edition with new super mario bros u :D i like the fact that nintendo give a launch 2d mario :D otherwise since gamecube i haven't played nintendo games so i passed the wii because of disliking the technique and get instead of this a ps3 in 2007 and had a good time with it since but i must say on this console there aren't really much good games especially since the last 2 years
Strikeout
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Valnes
Currently playing: nothing special

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming