Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Tales Series

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Kinda wanting to play Tales of Vesperia. Demo wasn't all that bad. I can't afford Xillia next month as I have that Final Fantasy Sky collection and Dragons Crown next month. Still If I even slightly enjoy Vesperia I think I will look into Xillia esp now that both games are heading over.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:17 pm

You'll like Yuri, he's cool. Repede is cool by association.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:29 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 353&sr=8-2

"new" copies of Xillia Collectors Edition are already sky high on amazon... Is it just these namco sets that are skyrocketing in value this quickly? I can tell I am going to have not-want-to-open syndrome when it comes in...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:09 pm

https://www.facebook.com/tales

high res pics of the millia maxwell figure are on the tales facebook page. Am I too hyped for this considering I have never even completed a tales game? Also didnt millia have some cameo in one of the other games? She is some sort of spirit person... or something *knows next to nothing about tales universe*
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Thats why I ordered 2, if I get both, then i'll just sell the other for the price i bought it, if not then atleast I get the game. I deserve it for sticking with this fucking series all these years.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Thats why I ordered 2, if I get both, then i'll just sell the other for the price i bought it, if not then atleast I get the game. I deserve it for sticking with this fucking series all these years.

I only pre-ordered 1 through amazon, and you didnt asnwer my question about millia, oh grand master of tales series. :P

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Nah, she's just kind of a mixture of characters in the series history. As far as I know shes new.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:31 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Also didnt millia have some cameo in one of the other games? She is some sort of spirit person... or something *knows next to nothing about tales universe*

Yeah, I think the idea is that she's supposed to be this game's version of Maxwell (or at least she claims to be, from what I've heard), who was always supposed to be sort of the head of the four elemental spirits. He's appeared in a good number of the games (I know he was in Phantasia and Symphonia; not sure which others). Thing is, all previous versions have looked more like a wise old man:

...so if she is indeed supposed to be an incarnation of the spirit Maxwell, then she's certainly a different take on it.

OL has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:57 pm

I see. These proved to be pretty helpful as well. I really wanna play Eternia and Phantasia at some point.

http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Milla_Maxwell
http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Maxwell
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby wude » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Anyone watched the phantasia anime, very short but really good

wude has received a thanks from: OL
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:53 pm

wude wrote: Anyone watched the phantasia anime, very short but really good

I used to keep a rip on my PSP to watch whenever I got bored. Loved that game so much. Loved the anime as well.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: wude
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:14 am

wude wrote: Anyone watched the phantasia anime, very short but really good

It's one of my favorite anime DVDs. I keep it with my game collection. I always felt that watching it helps to add a whole helluva lot more dimension to the game itself. With older JRPGs like that, you kind of have to have a good imagination to really get yourself attached to it, and I think the anime really helps make the world feel even more fully-realized.

OL has received a thanks from: wude
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:28 pm

so I started playing Tales of Eternia a bit more for PSP, and boy are these controls wonky. the d-pad make my guy move left and right, but the analog stick allows me to up and cut and do some other random stuff, I tried doing some combos with just the d-pad and yeah... didnt work. Am I really expected to use both the d-pad and analog stick on the PSP to do battles? I dont see where to change battle controls, or even an explanation online on the battle system, what gives? The game has no battle tutortial, and I cant find a copy of the manual for the game anywhere online. Can anyone explain how battles work in Eternia?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:23 pm

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/29/un ... al-edition

unboxing of the collectors edition, looking pretty sweet, and its only a week away. I like that statue isnt super small and its actually a decent size.

Here is another question: Tales of Zillia or Tales of EX-illia for the pronounciation of Xillia, I have been saying Zillia but I think its EX-illia, which is really weird and goes against the proper english language use of the alphabet.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:29 pm

It's pronounced "Zillia." They say it in the Japanese trailers and whatnot, and that's how it sounds (well, more like "shillia," but that's just an accent issue). The IGN guy is just a dummy (surprise!).

EDIT: Of course, just to be fair, he does say "Zillia" when he shows the cd, then corrects himself and says "ex-illia."
So maybe he thought it was Zillia initially, but the Namco translators screwed it up or something. Hard to say until we actually get it.
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming