Ys Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:32 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:It did, can't believe I missed that.

Meh, judging from how the game has played out so far, I doubt its even necessary, it probably just puts you in the EXTREMELY OP range when it comes to character damage (if the ultimate weapons are in the 300+ STR range then yeah...). I think I am gonna choose joshuas, cause I use estelle for magic and healing more, plus he has multiple enemy/area crafts and s-crafts, so he is definitely the better option.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:28 pm

The series itself is pretty easy unless you set the game to nightmare or hard.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:40 pm

yeah, that ultimate weapon just brought joshua up to 308 attack lol I think I have some strength buffing accessories I can put on him too, he is gonna be beast. FUCK I think those bring down his defense though... i'll test on some regular mobs. Regardless though from here out its gonna be a slaughtering of enemies im pretty sure im WAY over powered now. :D
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:42 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:yeah, that ultimate weapon just brought joshua up to 308 attack lol I think I have some strength buffing accessories I can put on him too, he is gonna be beast. FUCK I think those bring down his defense though... i'll test on some regular mobs. Regardless though from here out its gonna be a slaughtering of enemies im pretty sure im WAY over powered now. :D

Yea, but Joshua has the best speed in the game so he acts first anyway. (plus soon you'll find a quartz that makes it so that you can't be encountered if you don't want to be)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Fuck I had to start playing Ys Seven again. In a real RPG mood and most my collection is in storage.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:19 pm

I wonder when we'll see Ys4, hopefully by the time I grab a vita.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:26 pm

I hope til like late next year at least that way I have a chance of buying the game even if I have no Vita. I have to get Xseeds PE. Nothing else will do when it's Ys. Please I neg of you Xseed even if 100$ I would pay for a Ys PE with a Adol or Dogi statue. Ebay they go for crazy prices and that's whenever I see any and none are ever Adol or Dogi. Just the girl from Ys II
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:38 pm

I don't think it'll come out in japan for a while much less here.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:I don't think it'll come out in japan for a while much less here.

True maybe even Winter next years or sometimes 2013.

But please Xseed if ya can afford it put a statue in.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Let XSEED do TITS 2 first, they need to just get in the mind set of getting that title out of the way, and getting done, instead of doing slow work on it, they need to be putting most of their effort into TITS 2 and doing small work on the OTHER projects so they can get the bigger project not only out to the public (who are antsy for it anyway) but also will allow them to rapid fire release the following games since work has already started on them. But XSEED is small in staff and high in quality so everything takes time...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:10 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Let XSEED do TITS 2 first, they need to just get in the mind set of getting that title out of the way, and getting done, instead of doing slow work on it, they need to be putting most of their effort into TITS 2 and doing small work on the OTHER projects so they can get the bigger project not only out to the public (who are antsy for it anyway) but also will allow them to rapid fire release the following games since work has already started on them. But XSEED is small in staff and high in quality so everything takes time...

They been working on TiTS 2 for some time now. They are not even sure it can be released but are hoping they can. Ys won't take to long. The series isn't text heavy. Uses VA a lot and some text. Not a lot. Ys series is a snap to translate.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Ryudo wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:Let XSEED do TITS 2 first, they need to just get in the mind set of getting that title out of the way, and getting done, instead of doing slow work on it, they need to be putting most of their effort into TITS 2 and doing small work on the OTHER projects so they can get the bigger project not only out to the public (who are antsy for it anyway) but also will allow them to rapid fire release the following games since work has already started on them. But XSEED is small in staff and high in quality so everything takes time...

They been working on TiTS 2 for some time now. They are not even sure it can be released but are hoping they can. Ys won't take to long. The series isn't text heavy. Uses VA a lot and some text. Not a lot. Ys series is a snap to translate.

Which further supports my point that need to focus on TITS 2 and do small work on say Ys and they would be able to release both in a smaller time frame than say completely doing Ys and then finishing up on TITS 2. But they arent even working on a Ys game right now I dont think, but yeah I read the whole article about TITS 2 being in limbo... not cool. TITS 1 LE is going to have to be one of my first purchases once I get some spare change.
my GF coming over last weekend really wiped me out -_- was worth it though ;D
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Well Ys IV is still in development at Falcom and won't be out in Japan for some time so we will not get it for a long time. If TiTS has any chance will surely be decided by then if it gets a western release or not. Financially TiTS 2 is a huge risk for them.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:34 pm

Yeah, but they need to stand behind their original announcement, I just hope they dont get cold feet after the fact. It would be a huge fan service if they did and not only that, if they can get it out before Type-0 they will have the first 2 UMD game released in the US. I dont think you understand Ryudo it HAS to come out... Segata needs to get on the ball of sending you BK and a copy of TITS so you will understand how important this is. :P
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:38 pm

No I understand fine I mean Shenmue and Mega Man Legends. MML2 left the fans on a cliffhanger as well.

I'm just saying Xseed should only do it if they can afford it. Last thing we want is the best company for porting this niche titles going under. I rather be left on a cliffhanger to a series I love than watch the company that brings it go under.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming