What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Thief » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:35 am

Fire Emblem Heroes, the free-to-play manipulative phone game. I won't ever spend money on it and it doesn't really seem like I have to yet. The game seems pretty fun, although a bit basic. It's sort of like solving mini fire-emblem puzzles, since the map is so small. You get random characters, which could bother people when they don't get who they want, but I don't know enough fire emblem to have many favorites, so it doesn't bother me. I'm happy with whomever. Plus I got a 5-star Marth, so I think I'm OP now.

Thief has received a thanks from: Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

What are you currently playing?

Postby Axm » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:02 am

Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 Pro on High Performance mode.
Great game so far just like the last...but.. does the ground have to fall from under so much? The ground is constantly falling everywhere in cut-scenes and in-game.
And can Laura ever catch her breath? She could be standing still nothing going on major but suddenly its like she's just ran a marathon when she speaks.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Axm » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:40 am

Ok finished Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Can't be bothered to collect the millions of bullshits around the world for that game or FFXV for that matter.
And want to let RE7 marinate abit longer on my mind before I do a second run through of that.

So on to.... The Last Guardian.

Hope it's good!
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Currently playing Ryse: Son of Rome. This game is actually making me cringe hardcore because it constantly spits in the face of history. The main sin that this game commits is that it puts the player in the role of a Centurion, a Roman officer yet you literally take down entire enemy armies all by yourself and basically play the game on your own. They do sometimes allow you to take command of a small unit and issue commands, but those moments are far and few between. This is a sin because the reason the Roman army was so dominant was because it was the first army to really instill enough discipline in its soldiers to be able to create formations that would tactically dominate on the battlefield. Soldiers also had a strong brotherly affection for other members of the unit, which made them fight harder, and is something that armies today aim to replicate. The fact that the game constantly sends you off on your own to battle enemy armies on your own spits in the face of the complex tactics of the ancient roman armies. I can ignore the inaccuracies of the armor and battles, but goddamn, the fact that they took an entire shit on the core of the Roman army is really bothering me. I don't think I'll be able to finish this game. I mean, damn they could've at least made sure you were accompanied with at least one or two soldiers from your unit at all times, making you actually give a damn about your men. Playing as a Roman officer is pointless if you aren't forced to give a damn about men under your command.

A shame since the core gameplay is pretty solid. If the developers even made a slight attempt to stay true to history they would've had a great game since drama is easy as fuck to create with all the crazy politics at the time. The developers had the opportunity to create a game that involves the player in complicated house politics, being able to rise through the ranks of the Roman military, from being an officer to a general commanding an entire army and then maybe into the senate, but noo.... they chose to create a repetitive hack and slash game. Even if they wanted to stick with combat they could've done a lot better by having the player command an elite unit through intense made up scenarios, kinda like republic commando. Game has so much potential but as is it is mediocre as fuck.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:57 am

Yooka-Laylee =P~ :heart:

I'm broke as hell at the moment, but I had preordered it (I usually don't do that) when I still had the money for it, so.. thanks for being helpful this one time, past-self. I know it's an exception or some kind of mistake, but thank you anyway. \:D/

Also currently playing:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Trackmania Turbo
Screencheat
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Chaos » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:06 am

Rocket League, always
I started up Xenogears, but I'm not enjoying it too much. Not gonna give up quite yet, but I don't see myself finishing it.
I just finished up a run of Shenmue and started a Shenmue 2 save from it tonight

90% of my free time is spent playing Final Fantasy XIV with friends though.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby Sokora » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Horizon Zero Dawn

Did my usual thing of jumping straight into the action without crafting/modifying weapons and got quite far using stealth and general item management but there's only so far you can go on this game without getting butt-fucked by some absolute BEHEMOTH of a twat. So I'm now getting into the side missions in order to level up and learn how to override more creatures, which is definitely worth the effort. It's a great game, looks amazing, but can't say it captures me in the same way other games have. Really enjoying it though but I don't think it's stellar.
Sokora
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby KiBa » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Serpent in the Staglands. Impressive indie.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Tue May 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Last couple months been busy
Some Zelda
A lot of Yakuza 0
Finished and loved Nier Automata
Bunch of Shmups
Still need to Finish Persona 5 and gravity Rush 2
Some Bulk Slash on Saturn.

Atm just playing some Soldner X-2.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Coromasta » Thu May 04, 2017 8:39 am

Bluecast wrote:Last couple months been busy
Some Zelda
A lot of Yakuza 0
Bunch of Shmups

Is soldner worth 40 bucks?
I'm interested in it but not sure yet, plus you seem to know your shmups.

Coromasta has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby Bluecast » Thu May 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Coromasta wrote:
Some Zelda
A lot of Yakuza 0
Bunch of Shmups

It's an awesome game. You don't need to spend 40 tho. It's 25 bucks on Play Asia.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Coromasta » Thu May 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Bluecast wrote:
Coromasta wrote:
Some Zelda
A lot of Yakuza 0
Bunch of Shmups

It's an awesome game. You don't need to spend 40 tho. It's 25 bucks on Play Asia.

Ah thank you, will look into it.

Coromasta has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Coromasta

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby Jibby » Mon May 15, 2017 10:23 am

Currently playing through Loco Roco for the PS4. So glad they remastered it, I used to play it on the PSP years ago but never got the chance to finish it.

Jibby has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bambi » Mon May 15, 2017 4:27 pm

phpBB [video]

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

It's an early access Battle Royale game, I've been wanting to try to try H1Z1 or DayZ for a while but at the recommendation of a friend I got this instead. I'm glad I did as I'm having a blast with it, I didn't like any of the trailers for it so I've linked a LP instead.

Bambi has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, sand4fish
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 15, 2017 5:44 pm

^Yeah Giant Bomb been playing a lot of it. Looks fun. Not much of a PC gamer so if it comes to PS4 will give it a go.
It was funny when GB had a road trip in a car while random people shot at them. Maybe one of the better looking versions of these games.

==============================================================================================
Personally been playing a broken unfinished mess of a game and I am absolutely happy!. Playing Geist Force..the game I always posted in cancelled games topics. That will never happen again.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming