What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Sokora » Mon May 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Sokora wrote: Horizon Zero Dawn

Did my usual thing of jumping straight into the action without crafting/modifying weapons and got quite far using stealth and general item management but there's only so far you can go on this game without getting butt-fucked by some absolute BEHEMOTH of a twat. So I'm now getting into the side missions in order to level up and learn how to override more creatures, which is definitely worth the effort. It's a great game, looks amazing, but can't say it captures me in the same way other games have. Really enjoying it though but I don't think it's stellar.

This is a great game. I'm now rinsing the fuck out of these big ass mo foes. It's one of those games where you play it for a fair old while and then you get to a point of being invincible due to pkaying it so much. Lots of fun, extremely well made, not too wanky (I find most rpgs wanky).
Sokora
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Bluecast » Tue May 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Guwange on Xbox 360. I really do love Cave shooters and this one is just ok. It's only $2.50 on XBL atm so worth it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby sand4fish » Tue May 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Bambi wrote:
phpBB [video]

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

It's an early access Battle Royale game, I've been wanting to try to try H1Z1 or DayZ for a while but at the recommendation of a friend I got this instead. I'm glad I did as I'm having a blast with it, I didn't like any of the trailers for it so I've linked a LP instead.

I played it for a while yesterday. Personally, I think Battlegrounds makes H1Z1 obsolete by comparison. Love how it forces players to move and if you are alive til the very end, it rewards you with the big showdown.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bambi » Tue May 16, 2017 6:23 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Bambi wrote:
phpBB [video]

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

It's an early access Battle Royale game, I've been wanting to try to try H1Z1 or DayZ for a while but at the recommendation of a friend I got this instead. I'm glad I did as I'm having a blast with it, I didn't like any of the trailers for it so I've linked a LP instead.

I played it for a while yesterday. Personally, I think Battlegrounds makes H1Z1 obsolete by comparison. Love how it forces players to move and if you are alive til the very end, it rewards you with the big showdown.

phpBB [video]

It's so much fun in duo/squad, you should try playing with a buddy if you get the chance, if other players won't kill you, my bad driving will! Apologies for my annoying laughter during the entire thing.

Bambi has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Sun May 21, 2017 3:46 am

Bluecast has received a thanks from: myshtuff
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Well 2 of the games I ordered arrived early.

So playing2 Shmups from Cave.

Espgaluoa II

Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Mon May 22, 2017 10:49 pm

Bambi wrote:It's so much fun in duo/squad, you should try playing with a buddy if you get the chance, if other players won't kill you, my bad driving will! Apologies for my annoying laughter during the entire thing.

For sure, games are always better with a buddy along!

Bluecast wrote: Well 2 of the games I ordered arrived early.

So playing2 Shmups from Cave.

Espgaluoa II

Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5

Good taste there!
Last edited by sand4fish on Mon May 22, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Bluecast
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:52 pm

TITS 3... finally.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue May 23, 2017 12:07 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: TITS 3... finally.

So...Total Recall. :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby myshtuff » Mon May 29, 2017 4:34 pm

I've been going through a backlog lately. Beat resident evil 7 and Final fantasy 15 which were both great. Currently playing Uncharted 4 which is awesome. Naughty dog never disappoints. Just ordered an import (and much cheaper) copy of Gravity Rush Remastered which I'm pumped to finally play. Later today I'm getting Puyo Puyo Tetris for switch. It's been great catching up on stuff lately.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 pm

Persona 5. I took a month long break after getting into a shmup craze. I would still be playing them but ran out of them to play for now. About to finish the second palace. Aside form stealth the dungeons to me feel like they improved upon TMS #FE dungeons which were already great.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:44 pm

SO like I posted in the recent purchases thread, I just got a HTC Vive, which came with Star Trek Bridge Crew. I've read a few reviews of the game and most of them say the game is fairly medicore because there is no real depth. After playing the game for the entire afternoon, I have to agree with the reviews... if you play by yourself.

This game is a multiplayer game through and through, and you are doing yourself a disservice if you choose to play with an AI crew. The AI crew executes commands exactly how you tell them, in the most boring way possible. They do not make decisions on their own, which leads to extremely boring and predictable gameplay. On top of that there really isn't any sort of sense of progression except for how good you get at the game. Once you completed the tutorial, you know how to do everything in the game. The depth comes in learning with how to interact with the crew for the greatest success. I played one mission with the AI and another mission with a human crew and they were two totally different experiences. Other players tend to do things on their own, and how well they do their job is affected by their own experience with the game. In the third mission I played we were about to die, and the captain was saying his farewells, but the engineering officer told tactical to raise shields (they were obviously down, but maybe his console told him what their recharging status was? I dunno, I haven't played engineering yet), and he put all power to shields, which gave us a few seconds of extra time. The captain then commanded me to get us the fuck out of there (I was manning helms for this game), so I chose a random destination we could impulse jump to (warp jumps require you to wait for engineering to warm up the warp coils, which we didn't have time for). I realized that if I was a better helms officer I would've remembered which destinations were closest to where the ship is pointing to minimize time needed to align for the jump, but I managed to get us aligned just as our hull went below 10% and we were able to complete the mission. Exciting moments like that is what the Star Trek experience is, and you sure as shit will not get that playing with AI players. All that shit happened in the same time frame it takes for you to issue commands to one bridge officer in single player mode.

Anyway, I am definitely enjoying this game. I am far from doing all the missions available but I hope the developers continue supporting the game with new missions and ships to keep things interesting. PVP where you get to choose to play as Romulans or Klingons would be great too.

EDIT: VR Is a bit too much for me though. I can't play for more than 40 min or so. Maybe that is because of the low-ish pixel density screens in the current gen. It'll probably get better in the future.
Last edited by Mr. Frozen on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mrandyk » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Life is Strange is a free download on PS4 this month. Have been interested for a long time.

mrandyk has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, myshtuff
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:56 am

Been a few years since I held a sealed PSP game. Feels good. Gunhound EX came in finally.

So soon going to unwrap it and play some Gunhound EX.

Still playing Persona 5 and waiting for Futaba to wake up after the 4th palace.

Popped in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for a little bit just for kicks.

Played some Madden 17 and RBI Baseball as in a little Sportsball mood. Downloaded Killing Floor 2 and Life is Strange from PS+. Try those later.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bambi » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:08 pm

phpBB [video]

54 hours into this game and I still do this regularly. :lol:
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming