What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby ys » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Divinity : Original Sin
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Axm » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:53 pm

10 minutes into it and its already the funniest game ever.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby HappyKillmore » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:24 pm

So i got my Xbox one back, un-repaired. The controllers don't disconnect as frequently but they still do it. Back to Germany my console goes. Urge to kill rising, rising. At least inquisition is only $49 over here, that's like 30 quid
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby redline » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:50 pm

playing ghost recon future soldier on the ps3 at the moment.

im enjoying the main game, ive had to play it on hard setting because its a bit easy.

think i'll go back and restart/finish batman arkham origins next :-k
--

AXM, i played south park a while back, it was awesome. ( i normally hate those types of RPG games - i gave up on ni no kuni)
Last edited by redline on Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:52 pm

I'm kind of an ADHD gamer, which is embarrassing to admit...

But I'm playing

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (PSP)
Yakuza (PS2)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
and
God of War (PS2)

I'd say I'm furthest in Crisis Core and God of War but I only play about 2 hours or less a day... haha.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Giorgio » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:49 pm

First time playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed with Ryo Hazuki DLC and it is amazing! Sumo Digital Ltd is doing a lot of fan-service! Furthermore, Alex Kidd is a playable racer. <3
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Chaos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Just got binding of isaac rebirth. First time playing the game and its a lot of fun so far.
Put in about 120 hours on FTL the past few months. Still playing it a bunch.
Still playing new leaf off and on.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby south carmain » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:13 am

Gran turismo 6

Oh my god these fucking loading times. Is there anyway to just install the game to reduce them? This game is painfully slow because of them.

Also it's immediatly apparent why this game led to so much disappointment. they removed the used car dealership, severely lowered the amount of prized cars probably to encourage people more to buy their in game credits with real money and though the drivers tests and coffee breaks are a welcome addition the ridiculous loading times that take longer than the test itself make them a pain in the ass since you spend ages waiting around for something that wont even earn you any credits (or a low amount in the case of coffee breaks)

Honestly if they had allowed a game install i could have dealt with the rest but I am having a little buyer's remorse right now.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Axm
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Axm » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:28 am

Just finished up the last of Dragon Age: Inquisition(PS4). What an awesome experience that was. My GOTY of 2014.

Now ill play some Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
Dont think ill get too deep into it though. I have such a huge backlog of other games.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:47 am

^i really have issues stopping myself from buying new games despite my huge backlog though i think i have gotten to a point where i cant justify it anymore. I probably have over 500 hours of play time if i were to finish all of my current backlog
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby OL » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:05 am

So Alien Isolation starts out a bit boring...
You begin all excited because you know it's supposed to be really good, but then you find yourself wandering around for two or three hours, sneaking to stay away from some generally uninteresting android enemies. Felt disappointed at first because of that.
But then the xenomorph finally makes its entrance into the gameplay, stalking around, just generally being intimidating as fuck... and suddenly the game turns from being a bit "eh" to being "holy shit it just dragged me out of a vent!"
Y'know, in an awesome way.
Funny how quick it turned things around and made me freaking love it. You can watch gameplay videos, but it's one of those cases where it doesn't do justice to the experience of actually playing it. Just a really, really cool sneak-em-up, tense as hell and genuinely scary once the alien comes along. Great to see legitimate horror gaming making such a comeback.

Only real problem: I'm playing the PS3 version, and holy shit, the load times long as hell. Good god. It's like a full minute any time you travel from one area of the space station to another, and only slightly less to reload when you die. At the very least it makes you really not want to fail, but damn. And this is coming from a guy who just played a long, long string of Assassin's Creed games, which all have some pretty lengthy loads of their own. This is much worse.
I'm almost thinking I should have kept the game in its wrapping and exchanged it for the PS4 version (I finally have the money to get a new console, so I'll be heading there in the next week). I'm not so much concerned about the graphics, because it looks great anyway, but it'd be nice to see it on a stronger machine just for those loads. Also, the cinematics get choppy for some reason, even though they're pre-recorded for this version. Weird.
But hey, it was a gift from my brother, and I'd feel a bit weird about exchanging a gift (even if it's just for a different version). Somehow I feel better about keeping the copy I was given, because an item's status as a gift actually matters to me.

Anyway, dat xenomorph. Crazy shit, and I'm loving the game despite whatever shortcomings it has.

OL has received a thanks from: Axm
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:46 am

So just played some Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor.. its kinda dissapointing. As an action game sure it gets the job done, but I find it a total hack job at the same time.

Lets just take Batman, Assassins Creed, put it in a vague LOTR universe and ship it.
The graphics are bland and not just because I think the PS4 version looks like any old last gen PS3 game, but its bland because it lacks color and any sense of unique asthetic.

Well, im only an hour or so into it after being droped into the open world map after its short meloncholy intro.
I see later on the combat system being the highlight of the game, but it seems like just a test in how many hurdles to jump through before unlocking it all.

I guess after playing the near perfect experience that was Dragon Age: Inquisition, this just cant stack up and I should come back to it later on when I feel more in a..grindy..button mashy way.
For now im suprised it got the reviews it did. Good thing it was a Christmas gift.

On to Far Cry 4.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Axm wrote:Good thing it was a Christmas gift.

I think I'm the opposite of that; if I'm going to be disappointed with something, I'd rather I spent the money on it myself.

On the subject of Dragon Age though, I think there must be something wrong with me. Everyone -- absolutely everyone -- is singing its praises... but I just can't help but feel so very "meh" every time I see anything from it. Granted, I understand if it's one of those things where it grows on you over time or something, or if it's mainly the story that makes it great, but usually I expect these wildly-acclaimed games to have some sort of a hook that jumps out at you even from the outside... and I'm just not seeing it. Kind of like Mass Effect in that regard; I still don't really see what was so appealing about it (outside of the fact that you can bone just about anyone in the cast).
Maybe just a preference thing, since I'm not usually into medieval fantasy much to begin with (the main exceptions being just about anything by From Software). Dunno. Might have to try it when it's cheap I guess.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:37 pm

There is a lot wrong with you OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:57 pm

OL the thing about Dragon Age, Mass Effect, KOTOR.. all the Bioware games, is yes they usually tell a deep story with lore to back it up. They have Action-RPG gameplay thats unrivaled in its genre and kept fresh across titles. Amazing graphics. Great soundtracks. Lasting apeal through branching decisions to make..
I mean, I could keep going..they absolutely deserve the attention and praise imo. My favorite western dev next to Naughty Dog.

Id give DA:Inq a fair shake once you get a PS4. Just read up on the universe before you do as it has alot going on.
Better story then LOTR imo.
LOTR I literally fell asleep to a few days ago.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming