What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Riku Rose wrote:Don't think I'm going to beat Persona 3:FES by the time I get LA Noire.

Currently 40 hours in and level 52.

Beat the shadow where the guy dies after the fight.

Definitely wouldnt count on it, I never beat P3: FES, after 75 hours of play I kinda just stopped. Great game though, just so incredibly long, worth the $15 I paid for it by far though, infact its one of the best values I have probably ever bought considering how much content/hours of play for the price.

I just started Uncharted 2, which I have already noticed some new and fresh features in it that are cool and needed upgrade from the first game. I look forward to the bad ass gunplay that I know is inevitably coming. And no I have not played it yet, this is my first play through
See OL I wasnt lying about waiting forever to play the good games after the price drops, got the GOTY Edition for $30 and it comes with all the DLC included :P and best thing yet ITS NEW TO ME =D
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Sat May 21, 2011 8:30 am

Oppy wrote:Been playing a handful of different games over the last few days.
Trying to unlock all the Babalities and ending cutscenes in MK9, about half way there.
Played a few cases on LA Noire, but decided to keep it for when I am home alone or when there is nobody here to distract me. Tried playing MK vs DC, but after playing MK9, MKvsDC feels even more broken and boring.
Also popped in NMH Paradise and played it for a bit, it was pretty satisfying, I have missed Travis for the last year or so.

NMH isn't in English is it? Or subtitles?
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Oppy » Sat May 21, 2011 9:42 am

New western release is 100% English, you folks in the US have to wait a little longer though.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sat May 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Started Alpha Protocol.

It's pretty cool. Did Saudi Arabia and now am in Taipei. Think I might even try to to finish it before I start LA Noire (it can always wait a few days more...)
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Sat May 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Zelda Oot
Zelda TP
Ys on DS
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat May 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Vyse Hazuky wrote:Started Alpha Protocol.

It's pretty cool. Did Saudi Arabia and now am in Taipei. Think I might even try to to finish it before I start LA Noire (it can always wait a few days more...)

It's an ambitious game, that's for sure. I always wonder why RPGs should just resort to the same settings all of the time. An RPG set in modern day, playing as a secret agent is definitely a refreshing change from fantasy settings all of the time. The lead designer, Chris Avellone is pretty well renowned too; Planescape Torment is his most notable work, never played it, but constantly hear about how amazing the atmosphere, writing, story and characters are in that game.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby myshtuff » Sat May 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Trying to play Zelda: Majoras Mask. I played it once and never beat the boss of the water temple. I tried for 2 years and sold it. I got it again and am attempting to beat it once more.

EDIT: The game is already starting to piss me off.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sun May 22, 2011 5:30 am

Henry Spencer wrote:It's an ambitious game, that's for sure. I always wonder why RPGs should just resort to the same settings all of the time. An RPG set in modern day, playing as a secret agent is definitely a refreshing change from fantasy settings all of the time. The lead designer, Chris Avellone is pretty well renowned too; Planescape Torment is his most notable work, never played it, but constantly hear about how amazing the atmosphere, writing, story and characters are in that game.

Yeah, almost to the point it doesn't feel much like an RPG.
While it feels a bit stripped down and can't compete presentation-wise with the heavyweights, it really offers something different, perhaps not excelling at anything it does, but still quite fresh and valid.

I wish (a bit like Yakuza) other games would take up the game model and give us different experiences like this.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Mon May 23, 2011 2:47 am

Been playing Psi-Ops on Xbox. It's okay. Incredibly generic as far as story and style go, but the psi-powers work pretty well. Just too bad that most of the time you're stuck in cramped corridors, so tossing enemies around like dolls isn't quite as satisfying as it should be.
I'm near the end, I think. These psi-creatures or whatever are incredibly annoying. Shouldn't have been put in the game, methinks.
Anyway, up to this point, I'd say Second Sight is easily the better game.

Also started in on the Lufia II remake for the DS. Very fun. Plays incredibly similar to Ys SEVEN. Even has a one-up on Ys SEVEN in one way, in that every character I've met in town so far actually has their own name, like the earlier Ys games.
The character designs are excellent, the music is all vintage 16-bit stuff (remixed to sound better, of course, but it's still pulled right out of Lufia II), and overall it just has a really nice, attractive style and atmosphere to it.
Really liking Lexis as a character, too. Sort of a Doc Brown type. Very much a light-hearted mad scientist.
I'd already have to say to Ryudo, you need to play this game. Should be just your style, I would think.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon May 23, 2011 10:17 am

OL wrote:Also started in on the Lufia II remake for the DS. Very fun. Plays incredibly similar to Ys SEVEN. Even has a one-up on Ys SEVEN in one way, in that every character I've met in town so far actually has their own name, like the earlier Ys games.
The character designs are excellent, the music is all vintage 16-bit stuff (remixed to sound better, of course, but it's still pulled right out of Lufia II), and overall it just has a really nice, attractive style and atmosphere to it.
Really liking Lexis as a character, too. Sort of a Doc Brown type. Very much a light-hearted mad scientist.
I'd already have to say to Ryudo, you need to play this game. Should be just your style, I would think.

I find it funny, that I've never seen someone call it "Ys VII" Either "Ys SEVEN" or "Ys 7", I think that reinforces the thinking that they'll release two different versions (especially when you consider that every game but 5 and 6 got a different version ie different graphic type, story, etc)

its too bad Lufia sold poorly I would have liked to seen a sequel.

I'm playing Jikandia its a cute dungeon crawler based on a sort of time mechanic and with great aesthetics that are really cute and happy great game only 20$
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Jokatech19 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:36 am

OL wrote:Been playing Psi-Ops on Xbox. It's okay. Incredibly generic as far as story and style go, but the psi-powers work pretty well. Just too bad that most of the time you're stuck in cramped corridors, so tossing enemies around like dolls isn't quite as satisfying as it should be.
I'm near the end, I think. These psi-creatures or whatever are incredibly annoying. Shouldn't have been put in the game, methinks.
Anyway, up to this point, I'd say Second Sight is easily the better game.

Also started in on the Lufia II remake for the DS. Very fun. Plays incredibly similar to Ys SEVEN. Even has a one-up on Ys SEVEN in one way, in that every character I've met in town so far actually has their own name, like the earlier Ys games.

I watched a good friend of mine beat the last boss in Psi-Ops. Very cool and high-octane battle from what I remember. There's a lead up to a sequel supposedly.

On the other hand, I must bow to you for beating phantom dust. I'm finally nearing the last few missions and this game has been a true test of patience and resolve. It feels ridiculously difficult while being amazing at the same time. Some missions I've beaten I can't imagine most gamers ever passing. I can't wait to be done with the stress. LOL
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby OL » Mon May 23, 2011 12:56 pm

^^I actually just beat it for the second time a couple weeks ago. ;-)
It really just takes some experimentation with the different skills. But yeah, the battles that take place in the "Lane" environment late in the game (like the last fight with the Three Sisters) can be pretty brutal. I can't even give any advice on them. I always just kind of get lucky and use lots of close-range stuff as fast as I can. Difficult missions, to be sure.

One tip for the final mission though: on the second and third parts of the mission (ascending the tower, and on top of the tower), if you want to keep things simple, Psycho Sniper and Wall of Fire can be your best friends. Only two skills I really ended up needing. Just get the timing right, and both are perfect for those battles, especially since they're pretty low-cost and have good strength. Psycho Sniper is technically long-range, but it fires in a straight line, so it's good for both the mid-range second fight and the long-range third fight.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon May 23, 2011 1:04 pm

^Wish I could play that game. Sounds unique.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Mon May 23, 2011 1:10 pm

I may as well say it then: my next video is all about Phantom Dust (hence my newest avatar and sig).
Already recorded everything, now I'm just writing the narration. Should be up within the next couple weeks. I'm hoping it'll attract more people into playing it. :D
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon May 23, 2011 1:30 pm

After 60 hours I beat P3:FES.

Now let's see what this LA Noire is all about.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming