What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Mr. Frozen wrote:
Truck_1_0_1_ wrote: You need to practice more; Hydrocity is loads of easy.

And I mean LOADS of easy lol.

But thanks for the feedback; I'll be trying that after I finish Yakuza 0; really looking forward to a fresh Sonic title :)

I probably just suck donkey balls at Sonic. I never really was great at the 2D sonic games, even though I liked them

Its no problem, man, like I said, practice!

Hydrocity, I've always enjoyed; matter of fact, I don't think there was a single level in Sonic 3 & Knux that I didn't like... maybe Sandopolis.
Truck_1_0_1_
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby Axm » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:10 am

Mario Odyssey
Destiny 2 (iMac @ 1440p/60)
Forza 7 (iMac @ 1440p/60)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Yooka-Laylee (PS4) - enjoying it so far, and I think anyone expecting the promised Banjo-Kazooie reskin has little to worry about.

Super Mario Run (Android) - the latest update added a new mode with rapid series of micro-levels, which has re-energized this game for me.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:00 am

I was playing Shadow of War and having a great time but then Mario Odyssey came out. I thought about finishing SOW but my hype got the best of me and I put SOW on hold.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mr. Frozen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:10 am

I just got an invite into the sea of thieves alpha. Finally all those weeks of receiving those insider emails paid off.

The game is very much unfinished, but I do like the concept. The game as it is right now is pretty much what you see in this trailer:

phpBB [video]

And that trailer is exactly how it looks like in game, the UI is super clean.

The game is all about exploring a world with other people, which is literally all I ever wanted in a MMO game. Screw grinding, screw the constant individual rewards, just allow me to explore and I'm happy. I like it but I don't see myself playing this game for more than a week or so, though. There just isn't enough content in the alpha. You can experience pretty much all the game has to offer in one 2 hour session of gamepaly.

Mr. Frozen has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Telekill » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:43 am

I just got done with a stint of Friday the 13th. Now that Halloween season is over with, I'll be jumping back into Uncharted Lost Legacy to try and platinum it. I've found I'm also enjoying For Honor again and will be trying to get my Orochi into the Epic gear range. I have him about halfway through prestige 5 and you have to have your character at prestige 6 before you start getting the Epic gear.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:57 pm

Initiate Chronological Kingdom Hearts run starting with Birth by Sleep. 8)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:23 am

Tokyo Mirage Sessions - Wii U

Got it on the cheap (18 quid) off Amazon. Figured I might as well give it a go since I've never been disappointed with an Atlus game yet and even though I hate its existence for being such a disappointment from SMT + FE and being the first SMT game on home console since the PS2 era, what it morphed into (a deluge of J-Pop) was not what I want from an SMT game at all. Despite this I thought I should approach this with an open mind since I end up loving Atlus games no matter what. Really glad that I did now since the game is actually surprisingly good. I have to block out the awful story (which is an obvious rip of Persona 4 - it's very much Persona 4 but made on the Wii U as a new IP set against a J-Pop idol backdrop) but everything else about the game is really good. I'm around 10 hours (and 3 dungeons in) in now and really enjoying it.

Biggest surprise about the game is the synth heavy OST, which moves between being bubbly and charming to dark and intense, some of it would fit right in a mainline SMT:

This synthesiser right here is crazy old school (vocoder + piano synth + soft drum beat loops = oh fuck yeah), really would fit in an SMT game:
phpBB [video]

Then there's the mini boss theme which seems pretty inspired a bit by Meguro's OST work:

phpBB [video]

Turns out they outsourced the OST for the game for some reason to an anime composer but did a good job. The combat system is very much similar to Persona's "One More" battle system but feels a bit challenging on Hard, the game would be too easy on Normal though, for sure. It's very fast paced and includes all of the MegaTen staples in the battle system such as weakness system that is important to make full use of, a chain attack system and all of the spells you are used to seeing from Atlus RPGs (Zio, Agi etc). Bosses are the best challenge though but I find the game very addictive to play. Game over is harsh, there is no continues, you just get booted back to the title screen (I lost over an hours progress today, just like old times on my PS2). Anyway I'm waffling now and it's not like anybody will read all of this but I'll just say this game is really good, anybody who still has a Wii U should pick it up now whilst it's cheap. Kind of a shame it'll fade into obscurity and its history, if we didn't know it was originally going to be an SMT game it would be so annoying and hated so much since it's actually a better JRPG than Nintendo's other third party JRPG offerings on both Wii and Wii U like The Last Story and Xenoblade! Yeah, I said it.

Atlus just makes great games all of the time.

Looking over the project leads for this game it was headed by the Directors of Radiant Historia, Growlanser series & Langrisser series and Devil Survivor series, so it's got a very talented team of staff who worked on it (which was what i nthe end up convinced me to buy it, to be honest).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:23 am

Still playing a lot of sea of thieves. Despite me saying that there is little content in the game, it is still fun due to the teamplay involved. The game is ridiculously simple, but the lack of any real structure makes it a true sandbox with a shitton of replay value. I mean, hell, just the other night I decided to randomly commandeer an enemy ship and start a fleet. There is no in game system for this, it just started from me saying "You know what... I really want to take their ship." Long story short, I managed to convince an enemy crew to join us through the proximity chat. I sailed up to my old ship with the newly commandeered while yelling "DON'T FUCKING SHOOT ITS ME!" I was greeted to the entire old crew laughing their asses off at the fact that my retarded idea worked. We ended up swapping crew and I took the helm of the new ship wile an old crewmate took the helm of another. It was glorious seeing our two ships sail next to each other in the open sea.

So we ended up with a fleet of two different captains (These roles aren't even coded into the game like it is in Star Trek: Bridge Crew, but they naturally pop up due to the way the game is structured. People are really good at quickly developing a command structure in this game. Even with randos people immediately take on roles such as captain, navigator, lookout, etc... also the players tend to naturally switch stations when needed), who coordinated to take down every other ship we found on the server and steal their loot. There was even a point where we used improvised morse code to communicate with each other at a distance (every ship has lanterns you can turn on and off, and you can see them from quite a long ways off). The two crews were also able to help each other to find buried treasure since the game allows you to show your treasure maps and riddles to anyone you please (they show you this feature in the video I posted @ 3:38, you can hold the map up for anyone to see). With all the treasure we managed to steal and find, I ended up getting $20k after that play session (average haul is about $4k per voyage). If you ever wanted to RP as a pirate, this is the game for you. If you are an idiot like me who always ends up being like Captain Jack Sparrow where people follow your lead just because it ends up in hilarious situations then this game is perfect for you.

The only shit thing about commandeering enemy ships is that treasure isn't shared properly so we just split the treasure chests among ships. There is discussion on the forums about this so maybe official support will be added. I'll be fine with a system that allows someone to divide a treasure chest into two chests.

I would love to upload some of my recordings but the game is under NDA and your username appears at random spots on the screen during gameplay. I am too lazy to edit out my username and I don't wanna lose my alpha access. :(

Mr. Frozen has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, south carmain
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:40 pm

^sounds awesome. I can't wait to see what the final product will look like.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby BlueMue » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:54 pm

L.A. Noire on Xbox One X

Obvious from my last post in the other topic.

It's still very nice to play and the 4K resolution is absolutely helping the details. I still have to get used to how much better games in 4K look in comparison to very well upscaled 1080p. The resolution also shows limits of the content however. Some of the textures and fonts simply cannot keep up with the incredible sharpnes of everything. Of course these were looking close to the limit in HD already but it's all the more noticeable. As good as 4K works, HDR doesn't really do a lot if anything at all.

The game is darker overall, pretty damn dim, with the whites not going as bright as the menu icons of my TV, even when the game is set to the highest brightnes, wich will cause the highest 3 shades in the test pattern to crash into on by the way. This doesn't even leave the basic benefit of my OLED delivering higher peak brightnes in HDR vs SDR when the game cannot drive the whites to more than maybe 60-70% at most. There's no HDR brightnes settings like in other games that offer such a display mode. Maybe this can be updated in the future...

Not really all that much to say about the rest of the game. I think they added more open world collectibles, as I only remember the records and locations. And they listened to the critisism of how the options during interrogations were named. We all know how funny everyone found it that Phelps goes mental with the "doubt" option, the further the game goes on. Not it's "Good Cop", "Bad Cop" and "Accuse", wich make more sense but may be a bit more vague for new players.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Telekill » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:32 am

I'm on a bit of a ninja/samurai stint thanks to the Ghost of Tsushima announcement. Due to that I repurchased Tenchu Wrath of Heaven on PS2. Thankfully it only set me back about $8. I've found that the camera controls are the worst part of getting used to a PS2 game again. When you're used to have so much control in today's games and then have limited control it can get kind of frustrating. The rest of the game plays fairly well by today's standards; granted with more clunky controls, but it's still doable.

Continuing my stint, I am still playing For Honor. I got my Orochi up to prestige 7 which means that I'm into the Epic (aqua or cyan) gear. Season 4 just started and the new Samurai, the Aramusha, has my full attention as they wield two kitana swords. Reminds me of Leonardo from the Ninja Turtles. Luckily, I already have $15,000 silver to unlock him in a week given that I don't have the Gold Edition of the game. I'll be unlocking him after the next game listed.

I'm probably picking this up tonight or tomorrow on my way home from work; one of the two. It's the first Star Wars product I'll have purchased since about 2003 when Jedi Academy came out. Both will have been purchased to play with my brother. I enjoyed the beta and enjoy reading the uproar on forums about the micro transactions and loot crates controversies. I have zero plans to pay extra on the game and am buying it for the co-op only; competitive MP be damned.

Telekill has received a thanks from: OL
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:54 pm

Currently playing Bayonetta. I am super late to this party but now I know why everyone recommended me this game. It is super fun, the pacing is spot on, and it somewhat appeals to my inner perv. Haven't played a single player game this great in a while.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Skyrim on the switch, and again I got the "videogames are a fucking waste of life" vibe from it, so I don't know how much I'll spend with it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

What are you currently playing?

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:07 am

Still enjoying the hell out of my 5K iMac with the Radeon 580. All the new releases I throw at it handle 1440p ultra settings and get at or above 60fps. And 4K sometimes too if I dial it down although at 27inches 1440p is crazy sharp enough.

Titanfall 2 (iMacWin10)
Quantum Break (iMacWin10)
Destiny 2 (iMacWin10)
Forza 7 (iMacWin10)
GTAV (iMacWin10)

Also randomly

Heavy Rain (PS4)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming