Games that should be ported to other consoles

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Games that should be ported to other consoles

Postby nuts_to_that » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:08 pm

What games on your consoles do you think should be ported to another console?

(You'll notice that my recommendations are mostly fighting games. That must be a big surprise from me.)

Garou: Mark of the Wolves
This game is just Neo-Geo/Dreamcast exclusive right now. People may or may not like the old hardware, but it's still a good game in my opinion.

Street Fighter III: Third Stirke
More than just the arcade/Dreamcast audience should at least be able to try this game. I think this one of the best Street Fighter games. If there is a game for Street Fighter's 15th anniversary, I hope it plays even better than this game.

King of Fighters 2002
This is another Neo-Geo/Dreamcast exclusive title. It may get a PS2 port, but what about Xbox? It would be a nice Xbox Live game.

SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos
It's getting a PS2 port. It may get an Xbox and Gamecube port. This game would also make a nice Xbox Live game. But I never shut up about how badly I want a Dreamcast port for this. (Okay, so I'm thinking sort of backwards in terms of ports by mentioning Dreamcast for this game.)

Guilty Gear XX
Might as well make this game for more than the arcade/PS2 audience.

The Latest Sega Sports Tennis Game
I'm still playing Tennis 2K2 on my Dreamcast quite regularly. I don't know if this game is even on Xbox, but a tennis game would make a nice Xbox Live game.

Shenmue
I'm guessing people would shoot me if I didn't write that this game should not be Dreamcast exclusive anymore. Yes, more people should experience this game. Port it to Xbox and bring back the online Passport features.
Last edited by nuts_to_that on Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuts_to_that
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: Games that should be ported to other consoles

Postby Jacob Marley » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:25 pm

Nuts to that wrote:What games on your consoles do you think should be ported to another console?

(You'll notice that my recommendations are mostly fighting games. That must be a big surprise from me.)

Garou: Mark of the Wolves
This game is just Neo-Geo/Dreamcast exclusive right now. People may or may not like the old hardware, but it's still a good game in my opinion.

Street Fighter III: Third Stirke
More than just the arcade/Dreamcast audience should at least be able to try this game. I think this one of the best Street Fighter games. If there is a game for Street Fighter's 15th anniversary, I hope it plays even better than this game.

King of Fighters 2002
This is another Neo-Geo/Dreamcast exclusive title. It may get a PS2 port, but what about Xbox? It would be a nice Xbox Live game.

SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos
It's getting a PS2 port. It may get an Xbox and Gamecube port. This game would also make a nice Xbox Live game. But I never shut up about how badly I want a Dreamcast port for this. (Okay, so I'm thinking sort of backwards in terms of ports by mentioning Dreamcast for this game.)

Guilty Gear XX
Might as well make this game for more than the PS2 audience.

The Latest Sega Sports Tennis Game
I'm still playing Tennis 2K2 on my Dreamcast quite regularly. I don't know if this game is even on Xbox, but a tennis game would make a nice Xbox Live game.

Shenmue
I'm guessing people would shoot me if I didn't write that this game should not be Dreamcast exclusive anymore. Yes, more people should experience this game. Port it to Xbox and bring back the online Passport features.

Well, considering that the upcoming Rent a Hero is a Dreamcast to XBOX port, the possibility of seeing more DC to XBOX ports could be a reality. BUY RENT A HERO when it's released to help do your part to ensure that more games find their way over to XBOX!
Jacob Marley
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby goaliefrk » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:45 pm

Maybe Hot Shots Golf 3? Even though Sony makes it.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:01 pm

well.. i think Virtua Fighter and Sonic games should spread around...
and.. well that's it..
maybe Metal Slug reeditions would be cool...
and possibly the Pro Evolution Soccer series...
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby LanDC » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:31 pm

i would like to see vf 4 evo on xbox, where it should be. and possibly shenmue 1 on xbox, mostly because it would be SUPER easy to hack!
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ChaiOgawa » Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:53 am

Shenmue port onto Xbox would be nice

I would love to see the Dark CLoud series from Ps2 ported onto xbox BUT HA ps2 exclusive.

Metroid should dump its series on gamecube and make it for xbox :D
ChaiOgawa

Postby goaliefrk » Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:46 pm

LOL...
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:32 am

I thought Microsoft made there xbox tough to crack with a crazy amount of security and everything.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby goaliefrk » Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:36 pm

I hope they did, cause I for sure as hell don't want another DC, illegal CD copying thing again.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby T1249NTSCJØ » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:47 am

Believe me guys, they didn't!
Hahahahahahahahaha, I think this was done purposely which can explain why the PS2 & Xbox are very popular right now; But then again look at the game sales...
T1249NTSCJØ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gutcruncher » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:58 am

Out of This World should either be ported or get a sequel.
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zhao » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:05 pm

If any of you remember Cool Net Entertainment and SEGA CORP were suppose to remake or port classic SEGA games that were on the Dreamcast to the Xbox. There were rumors about Shenmue being one of those games. Cool Net Ent said about 30 classic SEGA games were suppose to come out by this year or next year, but still nothing has come out yet. Im not sure if SEGA has canned this co-op project or if there still working on it but it would be nice to see those games on Xbox.
Zhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby FoxHound » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:45 pm

Zhao wrote:If any of you remember Cool Net Entertainment and SEGA CORP were suppose to remake or port classic SEGA games that were on the Dreamcast to the Xbox. There were rumors about Shenmue being one of those games. Cool Net Ent said about 30 classic SEGA games were suppose to come out by this year or next year, but still nothing has come out yet. Im not sure if SEGA has canned this co-op project or if there still working on it but it would be nice to see those games on Xbox.

I remember reading about that: Isn't Ren-a-Hero No.1 one of the titles that they mentioned they would be porting (and they are)?

Anywho, I would love to see a port of Samba de Amigo to the Xbox, but with LIVE capabilities.
FoxHound
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:01 pm

I would like to see several Dreamcast games ported to Xbox, but mainly ones that never made it to the US.
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Gutcruncher » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:33 pm

FoxHound wrote:Anywho, I would love to see a port of Samba de Amigo to the Xbox, but with LIVE capabilities.

As would I. But I would probably only use LIVE to get new songs
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to General Gaming