RE 4 goes Multiplatform

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby B-Man » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:44 pm

It just goes to show how little Capcom's word means and just how little integrity they have. Honestly, I don't really care one way or another whether or not it comes out on PS2, but it's pretty ridiculous the way they can go on and on, for the last three years, claiming that it's a Gamecube exclusive and then change their mind just like that. Kind of like how they can build up a story over the course of 8 years, 5 main games, numerous sidegames, countless ports, a remake, two "reports," etc. and then one day, just like that, say "Eh, we're sick of the storyline, so instead of finishing it properly, we'll just jump ahead six years, claim the government destroyed Umbrella, and have a RE2 character try to save the president's daughter!" :|

Bambi wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:Which order did the games come out in (ignoring lightgun games, and Director's Cuts and special editions, unless it was a really important spec. ed.?)?

If I remember correctly...

Resident Evil - PSX
Resident Evil - Saturn
Resident Evil 2 - PSX
Resident Evil 2 - N64
Resident Evil 3 - PSX
Resident Evil 2/3 - DC
Resident Evil CV - DC
Resident Evil CVX - PS2
Resident Evil 2/3/CVX - GC
Resident Evil Remake - GC
Resident Evil Zero - GC

Close, but I believe the actual order is:

1. Resident Evil (PSX)
2. Resident Evil (Saturn)
3. Resident Evil 2 (PSX)
4. Resident Evil 3 (PSX)
5. Resident Evil 2 (N64)
6. Resident Evil: Code Veronica (DC)
7. Resident Evil 2/3 (DC)
8. Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS2)
9. REmake (GC)
10. Resident Evil 0 (GC)
11. Resident Evil 2/3 (GC)
12. Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (GC)

The only ones I'm not sure about are RE3 for PSX and RE2 for N64. I know they came out around the same time and I'm not positive which came out first. Though I think it was RE3.
B-Man
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bambi » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:03 pm

B-Man wrote:The only ones I'm not sure about are RE3 for PSX and RE2 for N64. I know they came out around the same time and I'm not positive which came out first. Though I think it was RE3.

Actually you're right, RE2 came out two weeks after RE3:Nemesis/Last Escape.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby pico » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:56 pm

Joey-Sasuke wrote:why is everyone saying its the end for nintendo and think that its the only game worth having for cube? :?

Because it's the truth. Name 3 exclusives the GameCube will have in 2005, that are actually going to be AAA titles. Zelda and perhaps Geist, but I have a hunch that Geist is going to be utter-shiet.

Anyways, it does disappoint me that Capcom goes back on their word. Ever since RE4 was announced it was supposed to be a GC exclusive, but now they've announced it for the PS2 before the GC version is even released, which will undoubtedly kill the GC sales. I don't even know how the PS2 will be able to handle the game, without it being a technical disaster.
pico
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby QWERTY » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:02 pm

Don't forget Starfox 2 and..... and....... oh yeah pico, you're right.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Yusuke » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:39 am

I'll still get it on Gamecube it's not coming out on the PS2 for awhile so I wouldn't worry about the sales doing that bad
Yusuke
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:31 am

What 3 exclusive AAA titles can we expect to see on the PS2?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:58 am

lessee, Final Fantasy XII, Gran Turismo 4, for the third one I would say GTA SA, but it has already come out umm....
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:00 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:lessee, Final Fantasy XII, Gran Turismo 4, for the third one I would say GTA SA, but it has already come out umm....

I think he meant 3rd Party.
And GTA SA will eventually come to Xbox.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sonikku » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:04 am

Yeah and it already kind of came out. (2004 does not equal 2005) :roll: I don't know about FF 12, but if 11 is any indication it's going to fall short of being a true AAA title. (If Fable getting a 8-9 rating in reviews is considered to be the mother of all flops I would hardly call a "decent" game to be AAA calibur)
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:08 am

Sonikku wrote:Yeah and it already kind of came out. :roll: I don't know about FF 12, but if 11 is any indication it's going to fall short of being a true AAA title. (If Fable getting a 8-9 rating in reviews is considered to be the mother of all flops I would hardly call a "decent" game to be AAA calibur)

well considering FFXI was an online game, and FFXII is not, I would compare it to FFX (which I thought was a spectactular game) before I would FFXI. Also, saying FFXI wasnt a AAA title is arguable, just depends if you like MMORPGs and play them, I personally do I liked FFXI, but I dunno about it being a AAA game (when compared ti video games as a whole), but perhaps a AAA MMORPG. FFXII looks promising, but I guess we cant assume any game is going to be AAA until we play it, and if we did, it would just be us choosing favorites.

and you are right bluecast, GTA SA will probably come out on the PC and Xbox later on, so I cant add that to the list.

edit: what on earth is wrong with me, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby kenshiro » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:55 am

Sonikku wrote:What 3 exclusive AAA titles can we expect to see on the PS2?

FFXII, GT4, MGS3, Dragon Quest 8, Kingdom Hearts are going to be the big ones. They also have lots of lesser, but solid titles like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

The point is that the PS2 has lots of ok-good games, but does have some big ass good games like GT4....I can't wait for that one. But I'm sorry to say that Nintendo has a few great games, but doesn't have a lot of those ok-good games. That drives sales and encourages development. The only 2 super big games I can think about for GC are Zelda and Metroid. I am only excited about the former. Mario Tennis will do well, but it ain't gonna be a super smash hit like the other titles.
kenshiro
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby QWERTY » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:14 pm

Where the fuck is Mario 128?
If ever they needed it, it's now.

I suppose it's a Revolution game......
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby ECW » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:28 pm

resident evil 4 will be crap on ps2 as its been originally made for gamecube and the gc has better hardware as where the ps2 will probably be unable to handle it
ECW
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby The VGM » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:12 pm

You all are forgetting that Resident Evil 1 and 2 were on PC. And like Survivor, Dead Aim, Gaiden... :cry:
The VGM
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Les » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:26 am

Game companies are in buisness to make money, just like any other buisness. If they thoy thought leaving R.E. 4 as a Cube exclusive would make them the most money they would have done it that way.

Still, it would have been more honorable if they would have waited for this announcment till after the Gamecube version is released in January.

Les
Les
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming