Poll:Which System are you most anticipating?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Which next gen console are you most looking forward to? (Total votes: 22)

XBOX 2
50%
Playstation 3
23%
Next Nintendo Console
18%
Next Gameboy Console
No votes
The "Phantom"
No votes
other
9%

Postby goaliefrk » Fri May 09, 2003 3:47 pm

So are you just playing your Dreamcast, Genesis, and Saturn?
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Fri May 09, 2003 4:43 pm

Currently my PS2 is collecting dust and I'm enjoying arcade games... at that arcade.
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby goaliefrk » Tue May 13, 2003 12:24 am

I hate arcades, seems like a waist of money to me.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Tue May 13, 2003 12:29 am

Not really... when you purchase a fighting game here... say VF4 or Soul Calibur II... no one will play you in it.

So I have to goto the arcade anyway and waste 50 cents opposed to 50 dollars to play someone else who can ACTUALLY play the game.

And besides, there are simulation games that you can't buy for your PC / console... also there is laser tag... which is pretty damn fun.

So tell me? Which is the waste of money in this scenario? The arcade original (50 cents per play... hell you don't even have to play) or $50 for a home version that will collect dust in a month?
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby goaliefrk » Tue May 13, 2003 12:48 am

Excuse me? I don't have laser tag here anyways. But, say you play something like Blitz, ok, you play 2 games, thats 50 cents per quarter, so 2 bucks a game, and 4 bucks for two games. Say you buy the game for 50$, you play the game through oh 5 seasons, thats about 16 games a season times 2, plus playoffs, times 5 for the five seasons, not to count all the regular games you play with your FRIENDS! You save over 100 bucks by buying the game. By the way if your PS2 sits and collects dust, I'll buy it from you.:)
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Nagai_Industries » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:44 am

what the hell is with that phantom? i looked on their website and they claim they already have thousands of games in developement! I dought it will ever launch just like that lynux based console! If another sega console evercomes out i will buy it but i severely doubt that we will be seing one in the forseable future!
Nagai_Industries
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby T1249NTSCJØ » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:20 pm

I'll wait for the next Nintendo console, can't wait to see the new Zelda games on it. Smash Bros. & Mario Kart too!
T1249NTSCJØ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby -DARKSIDE- » Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:58 pm

I just hope they stick with what they got,just look at Halo 2 and you can see that the visuals keep getting better so why do we need a whole new console. Plus Halo 2 is probably a fraction of what the X-Box is capable of. I'd rather see good software then good hadware, but thats just my opinion.
-DARKSIDE-
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby kenshiro » Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:00 am

Out of all of them, the PS3. Mostly out of curiosity. I want to see how "powerful" it is. It certainly won't be 1000X as much as the PS2 like Sony claims. I don't I will buy it at launch. I've learned the hard way to never buy consoles at launch. Well....if the PS3 launches and is really really hot, and if I can get my hand on it, I will turn around and sell it for a profit like I did with the PS2.

The Xbox 2, I'm not looking forward to b/c we've barely began to see what the Xbox can do. The Nintendo console.....they've already disappointed me so many times that I say forget it.
kenshiro
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby goaliefrk » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:16 pm

I've seen what the XBOX can do, I have am seeing what it can do, and I will see what it can do. Damn I love the XBOX!
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to General Gaming