Metal Gear series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby ys » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:31 am

Henry Spencer wrote:I know two other locations, if you really want to know (confirmed) [spoiler]Alaska (which is where the, seemingly, final battle between Solid Snake and Liquid Ocelot takes place) and South America (where Vamp and Raiden fight)[/spoiler]

Nice!

And about the monkey. I just noticed something but I might be wrong. Take a look at the trailer with the Beauty and the Beast-unit and watch the puppeteer closely. Towards the end of the trailer there's some close up from behind her. It seems as if the dolls dangling there are little monkeys. They could just be symbols to control people of course since monkeys might be common animals there. The things that give the power or something. Or there could be some connection to the story and the monkey. I guess we'll see. Kojima likes hints like that in his trailers of course. But he also likes to joke around on the other hand so it's hard to tell :P
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:08 pm

ys wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:I know two other locations, if you really want to know (confirmed) [spoiler]Alaska (which is where the, seemingly, final battle between Solid Snake and Liquid Ocelot takes place) and South America (where Vamp and Raiden fight)[/spoiler]

Nice!

And about the monkey. I just noticed something but I might be wrong. Take a look at the trailer with the Beauty and the Beast-unit and watch the puppeteer closely. Towards the end of the trailer there's some close up from behind her. It seems as if the dolls dangling there are little monkeys. They could just be symbols to control people of course since monkeys might be common animals there. The things that give the power or something. Or there could be some connection to the story and the monkey. I guess we'll see. Kojima likes hints like that in his trailers of course. But he also likes to joke around on the other hand so it's hard to tell :P

Actually, look more closely at those puppets...one of them is The Sorrow, the other; Psycho Mantis. Two of the more tragic characters in the series, without doubt (I felt sorry for both of them). Possibly a hint at what the character of Screaming Mantis shall be like? Who knows?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby ys » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:39 pm

One of those two? Or are there a couple more? I have to admit, I didn't pause or rewind or anything. It just looked like kind of a big mouth and long arms when I saw one of the dolls. I'll have a look at the trailer once more later on.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:54 pm

He mentions it here:
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6179757.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Finally, Screaming Mantis should be quite an interesting character for series fans. Leaving aside the fact that she's always screaming, she's got extra hands and she carries marionettes that allow her to control soldiers in the war zone. Her two marionettes are modelled after Psycho Mantis from MGS1 and The Sorrow from MGS3, and Kojima promised the reason behind the resemblance will be in the game.

One part of the talk that got me rather excited:

Whether a new hero will star in MGS5 remains to be seen, but if there's one thing that fans can be certain of, all the unsolved mysteries in the past three MGS installments will be answered in MGS4. "It's the concluding chapter, so we've even went around our own staff members to ask if they wanted anything answered," explained Kojima in the booklet. "It turns out that there's a lot."
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:50 pm

I probably saw Psycho Mantis then with the mask.

And there might be an MGS5 anyway? I really thought that this was the final one. But it seems as if they only mean that it's the last one for these characters then? The last one for this particular part of the saga.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:35 am

Yes, this is the last one for these characters, it seems. There shall be more, of course; it is like one of the most profitable franchises for Konami, the series has gotten huge in Japan lately over a very short span of time. Kojima isn't doing another, hence why he is taking out Solid Snake in this one - his favourite character. What his successor (most likely Shuya Murata) will do next, is up to them. I'm far more interested in what Kojima himself does next, though.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:28 am

I'm a little worried now.
An annoying little girl who whines about Snake smoking, and Dennis Rodman as a gun merchant?
"Big Mama"?
Sheesh...
Surprisingly (very surprisingly), a lot of this game looks pretty stupid.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:44 pm

I'm more worried about the story. The trailer looked more like a comedy, to me, rather than you know, the last game "OMFG SO EPIC". The do want Solid Snake's final mission to be epic, is that a wrong thing to think or something? I mean, I think Kojima has given far too much creative control to Yoji Shinkawa, and that guy is a nutball, he's the fella who comes up with all the stupid codenames and insane ideas when developing. With him sitting on the director's chair alongside Kojima and Murata (who are both good), I'm a little concerned about that.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:50 pm

At least it'll be a fun game if everything else isn't up to par.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Ocelot » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:27 am

Just found this:

http://two.xthost.info/mgs4/Metal%20Gea ... 0(Arranged).mp3

It's a track from MGS4. You should listen to it, it's so great.
Ocelot
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby dbzruler88 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:28 pm

the only reason i will buy a ps3.
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby The_Intruder » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:13 pm

I can't wait for MGS 4. This game is going be amazing just like the first three. MGS rules..
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby OL » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:28 am

Just pre-ordered the fucking $80 special edition.
Can't wait.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Milky Joe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:38 am

^Try doing that in a Canadian eb games, the fucker just stared at me and pointed to a poster of GTA4 and said "do you mean that?"
Milky Joe
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby OL » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:28 am

:lol:
I always hear these terrible stories about Gamestop and EB. Luckily, the one here isn't bad about that kind of thing at all (nothing but nerds working there, so they generally know their stuff).
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming