Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Yakuza series

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:23 am

Looks like, I can wait one year more, before I get a PS4.

Fantastic news all the same.

: )

Vyse Hazuky has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:57 am

Axm wrote: I always harp on the series here and you're probably all tired of it but.. fuck it im sorry cause I wanna harp some more.
If it wasn't for the arcady button mashy combat I would probably like this series. Other things I find annoying like the recycled sound effects that never appealed to me and overly convoluted story for the sake of perpetuating the series further, but in the end its the combat.

I played the full version of 6 in a game store here last week for about an hour. While I liked the graphical updates it still just had that clunky feel to it and I couldn't get over it again. I try try try with this series. My heart says I should love it but my brain just cant do it.

Also considering ive already lived in Japan back and forth since Yakuza 1, the Japanese city wonderment thing has never drawn me in. Ive been to Kabukicho and greater Tokyo a stupid amount of times. I'm already going back again in March for a baseball tournament after being there with Peter a few months ago. So I dont need a game to get my rocks off on it. Don't want to be arrogant about it but its just true. imo I like Osaka and Fukuoka more anyways.

Just move on mate. I learned a long time ago that there is no point trying to force yourself to like something or waste your time with stuff you don't enjoy. There is too many movies, games and TV shows out there for your multimedia needs that you could be spending time with instead that you would enjoy more and life is short.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:00 pm

This is fantastic news! 0 in 2017 and 6 in 2018. This is awesome!

Now, if they're gonna make PS4 remasters for 2 to 5 and bring those to the West I'm absolutely gonna freak out! :D Playing all Kiryu games on one system, from 0 to 6. How great would that be? =P~
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:37 pm

While I'd be glad to see newcomers have the chance to play the whole series on one platform, I can't say I relish the thought of powering through them all in succession. :lol: Part of each game's appeal, to me, is returning to Kamurocho after some time away, and slipping back into the city like a comfortable old pair of shoes. Without that forced separation, the cozy warmth of recognition could become the repetitive weariness of overfamiliarity. (But still, for the sake of others and gaining new fans for the series, I hope it becomes an option.)

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Monkei
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:35 pm

phpBB [video]
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Raithos has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Really happy to see Yakuza 0 getting amazing reviews across the board and the series get its spot in the limelight (in the west that is!)
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter

Postby Monkei » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Yeah, reviews are looking pretty great.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/yakuza-0
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Monkei wrote: Yeah, reviews are looking pretty great.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/yakuza-0

EGM only gave it a 5/10? Well that sucks
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Monkei » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:56 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: This is fantastic news! 0 in 2017 and 6 in 2018. This is awesome!

Now, if they're gonna make PS4 remasters for 2 to 5 and bring those to the West I'm absolutely gonna freak out! :D Playing all Kiryu games on one system, from 0 to 6. How great would that be? =P~

They're probably gonna do a Kiwami-style remake of 2. Kinda hard to tell if they'll port 3-5 to PS4 or solve that situation by just putting them on PS Now though. That's my estimation at least..
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:34 am

PS Now might of course also be an option, but Iäm hoping for a PS4 conversion, fingers crossed. Digital only would be fine.

Oh, and according to the Jimquisition's review, this baby is gonna come in 60 fps. 8)
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:28 am

Fuck the reviews for this game are pretty damn awesome.

I just hope they cut out the sexist bullshit, it's weird for western countries.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:08 pm

^IThey sure as heck won't. Yakuza wouldn't be Yakuza without some good old off-color jokes. I mean, come on you gotta love the diaper side mission in Yakuza 2 or the soap land mini games. :rotflmao:
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:32 pm

I don't think that's the "sexist bullshit" he's talking about. If I had to guess, he probably means the hostess bar stuff more than anything. Which, if you know anything about it, isn't sexists at all since host bars (the male equivalent) are present as well. It's an all-inclusive concept.
But y'know, all the same, fuck those Japanese for not conforming to western standards. They're weird, and their games should clearly be altered so we don't have to feel uncomfortable over optional content.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:33 pm

This type of shit normalize sexism, and media influences you even if you don't think so.

Sadly a lot of people are already too engrained in these types of paradigms for them to accept a needed change.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming