Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Yakuza series

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:I played a Yakuza 6 demo at Gamescom last year. Unless they're making another demo, it's gonna be the same one, probably. I think it's just a short story sequence and 1-on-1 fight. Also there's a bit of an Arena fighting mode shown. It's a good demo and all but I'm not sure if you'd really wanna take a day off for it.

From watching the official Yakuza stream I think they've said the demo will be the first chapter of the full game. Would make sense considering the save data can transfer over.

Kotaku had a hands-on playthrough with Sam Mullen recently.

phpBB [video]
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Just finished kiwami on legendary. With all my stats leveled up in new game plus it was less of a challenge than doing the game on normal mode except for the shooting segment, that part was pretty frustrating especially since when you lose you have to do all the fights in the restaurant beforehand.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:07 am

south carmain wrote: Just finished kiwami on legendary. With all my stats leveled up in new game plus it was less of a challenge than doing the game on normal mode except for the shooting segment, that part was pretty frustrating especially since when you lose you have to do all the fights in the restaurant beforehand.

That car chase was such a pain. Can't recall how many attempts that took me.

In other news Yakuza 4 & Yakuza 5 are now on PlayStation Now. I may be tempted to play Yakuza 4 again over the week's trial period..

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: south carmain
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:38 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
south carmain wrote: Just finished kiwami on legendary. With all my stats leveled up in new game plus it was less of a challenge than doing the game on normal mode except for the shooting segment, that part was pretty frustrating especially since when you lose you have to do all the fights in the restaurant beforehand.

That car chase was such a pain. Can't recall how many attempts that took me.

In other news Yakuza 4 & Yakuza 5 are now on PlayStation Now. I may be tempted to play Yakuza 4 again over the week's trial period..

I've been wanting to replay yakuza 4 for ages now, this is great news.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 pm

The only installment I need to play is Kenzan, where Kiryu is Miyamoto Musashi

I hope one day we can get a game starring Kazama so we can get an idea of what 1960s or 1970s Japan was like. That’s when Yakuza were really husslin until the end of the eighties
RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:27 am

Are yakuza 4 and 5 only available on the US version of playstation now? I can't find them when i open the app.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 am

Available to the US & Europe according to the Yakuza livestream developers.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Weird, I guess they haven't put it up in Europe then since the games don't appear in the app and are not listed as games available on the playstation website.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:22 am

Yakuza 6 digital pre-order is live for £50. Nice to see as an added bonus the Deluxe Edition includes Yakuza 0 for £60. There's also a PS Plus discount of 10% for each title.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Your Boy Leroy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:12 pm

I actually gave up on playing through Kiwami a second time just because of that God damn shooting stage.
Your Boy Leroy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:08 pm

Your Boy Leroy wrote:

I actually gave up on playing through Kiwami a second time just because of that God damn shooting stage.

This is the guide I used. Hope this helps..

phpBB [video]
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:26 pm

Lol the last part with the truck played out almost identically to my playthrough. One more hit and I was dead.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:29 pm

Your Boy Leroy wrote:

I almost did the same. I gave up at first but after a few days it didnt sit well with me and I had to go back and beat it.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:40 am

phpBB [video]

August 28th!

Must be the quickest Japanese to English localisation turnaround so far since Kiwami 2 was announced for Japan late last year?

Crimson Ryan has received 2 thanks from: Benwah, Your Boy Leroy
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:33 am

Between shenmue 3 and getting 2 Yakuza games a year I have no idea what to bitch about online anymore.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Your Boy Leroy
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming