Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Yakuza series

Postby myshtuff » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:51 pm

^^ Ohhhh shittttttttttttt. Just kill him now.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:48 am

Hello everybody! I could use some help here. Maybe I've run into some kind of glitch, bug or something like that. I'm in chapter 5 in Yakuza 0 and I can't use any weapons from the inventory. How could that be? Did I miss some training?

I can pick weapons up from the ground during a battle just fine and Majima's default baseball bat is also there in slugger mode. But no matter if it's Kiryu or Majima, whenever I select a weapon from the inventory it does show up as equipped as a weapon in the menu but it isn't even in Kiryu's or Majima's hand in the game.

Is this normal? Seems kind of weird. Please help me with this one!
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:53 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: Hello everybody! I could use some help here. Maybe I've run into some kind of glitch, bug or something like that. I'm in chapter 5 in Yakuza 0 and I can't use any weapons from the inventory. How could that be? Did I miss some training?

I can pick weapons up from the ground during a battle just fine and Majima's default baseball bat is also there in slugger mode. But no matter if it's Kiryu or Majima, whenever I select a weapon from the inventory it does show up as equipped as a weapon in the menu but it isn't even in Kiryu's or Majima's hand in the game.

did you press down with the d-pad to take it out?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Kiske » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:59 am

I just finished Chapter 1 of Yakuza 0.

Had a taste of the Yakuza Series with Yakuza 5 on PS3 (was free on the PSN last year) but this episode 0 is indeed my real entry into the Series.

What can I say?

The game is growing on me in a way I didn't expect. I'm starting to understand the "mechanics" of it's gameplay and enjoying it more and more every minute I spend in the game.

I visited a few restaurants for health restauration, the Mah Jong Palace, Sega Arcade (Out Run mon amour), shops and of course the karaoke bar (my first try ended with "karaoke bozo" rank :mrgreen: ).

The combat system is also growing me. I've finally accepted that this is not Shenmue fighting system and enjoying the various fighting styles you can choose from. "Investing on myself" is really cool and a very nice way to spend the money.
There is so much you can do in this game, it's almost terrifying!

The story so far is compelling and dark, the voice acting and cutscenes suck you in the Yakuza's World.

And the bosses. God the bosses. It was such a long time I didn't enjoy this kind of gameplay (building, storeys with "hordes" of enemies, sub-boss and final boss structure)!

This game is going to be my late night activity for the next weeks, no about that!
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:59 am

south carmain wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote: Hello everybody! I could use some help here. Maybe I've run into some kind of glitch, bug or something like that. I'm in chapter 5 in Yakuza 0 and I can't use any weapons from the inventory. How could that be? Did I miss some training?

did you press down with the d-pad to take it out?

Ummmmm, no. You have to do that? Don't remember ever doing that in the previous Yakuza games. :oops: Does the game ever tell you you have to press down? If so, I overlooked that text.

Anyway, thanks a million, dude. =D>
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:06 am

Kiske wrote:It was such a long time I didn't enjoy this kind of gameplay (building, storeys with "hordes" of enemies, sub-boss and final boss structure)!

Ummm does that not remind you of something familiar? Like something that happened in a far distant land across the East? :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kiske » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:12 am

Peter wrote:
Kiske wrote:It was such a long time I didn't enjoy this kind of gameplay (building, storeys with "hordes" of enemies, sub-boss and final boss structure)!

Ummm does that not remind you of something familiar? Like something that happened in a far distant land across the East? :lol:

As I said, it was a very long time I didn't enjoy this gameplay. :lol:

The cool thing is that I can love both of the series without feeling the need to put one on top of the other.
They are similar and yet different, in a very positive way :)

You're enjoying it too, according to your contribution in this topic! :king:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:26 am

Yea it's a really jam packed game. But I think I will be taking a break from it for a while. I've played it for 4 days straight. I need a rest.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Himuro » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:57 pm

Ash wrote: Image

For people that have played Yakuza 2; yes, it is who you think it is.

Fuck yes.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:40 am

Madly in love with all the subtle little Sega history references they put in there. Like Tengokuken Ramen in Kamurocho looks just like Manpokuken Ramen in Yokosuka. The guy Kiryu and Oda clear out of the apartement is playing a Mega Drive. :D

Also there's all the puns and references related to other Yakuza games "I can't see myself fighting Zombies in the future." :rotflmao: And of course the more obvious ones like Outrun and Space Harrier being games in the game and Sega characters like Opa-Opa being toys in the game.

So heartwarming to see this. :heart:
Last edited by Hyo Razuki on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:30 pm

Seriously one of the best Boss Battle music themes I've ever heard (SPOILERS, ahoy)

phpBB [video]
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Two words: Miracle Johnson.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Just finished yakuza 0... damn that was an amazing game, the ending made me feel all mushy inside. Can't wait to play through kiwami this summer.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:06 pm

So I was kind of disappointed with one of the boss battles lately.

The second time you fight Lieutenant Kuze in the tunnel, when he comes at you on a motorcycle. I recognized that part from the title screen video and I thought the fight was gonna be epic but the AI really kind of sucked. So there was this epic setup build for the boss battle and then I made Kuze cry "like an anime fan on prom night". All you basically had to do was dodge his iron pipe once and hit him in the back. So weak. Considering how tough the first battle against that guy is, it was a real letdown, tbh. Hope boss fights will get better. :???:
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: So I was kind of disappointed with one of the boss battles lately.

The second time you fight Lieutenant Kuze in the tunnel, when he comes at you on a motorcycle. I recognized that part from the title screen video and I thought the fight was gonna be epic but the AI really kind of sucked. So there was this epic setup build for the boss battle and then I made Kuze cry "like an anime fan on prom night". All you basically had to do was dodge his iron pipe once and hit him in the back. So weak. Considering how tough the first battle against that guy is, it was a real letdown, tbh. Hope boss fights will get better. :???:

I don't think he even touched me during that fight lol
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming