Great Gaming Designs and Artwork

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Your fave Knights in games

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:38 am

OL wrote:Whoa whoa, where did all the other posts go?

Pruned. Tired of Mitts always going way off topic coming into almost every topic I make rant and rave and when having a discussion in another topic he throws insults. So yeah I just won't put up with his pissing contests.

Anyway BACK ON TOPIC
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:41 am

And yet I was making perfectly acceptable conversation and asking legitimate questions as to the nature of the topic...
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:54 am

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:29 am

Thief wrote:Definitely Karsh, Dario, and Glenn from Chrono Cross sticks out.

ImageImageImage

I always liked their subplot with the Masamune and Riddel.

Is that Glenn the same one from Trigger? Or are they just fucking with the fans? I never looked into that one. For that matter I beat Chrono Cross, but I didn't "beat" beat it. It seems like the last boss required the right combination of colored spells but just when I was 3-4 in Lavos would cast a spell that bungled up the order. :mad:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Thief » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:56 am

Nah different Glenn. Seems like they like to fuck with the fans quite a bit. Like with Guile (Magus but not really) :P
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Favorite Videogame Character Designs

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:40 am

Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:58 am

I could be here all day listing off characters who I like in games who are knights...there's like hundred and hundreds of them, this is a very vague question. :lol:
Oh, and I disagree that all of the Judges are assholes. Bergan and Ghis yes, definitely agree, however Drace (female one) definitely not, nor are Gabranth and Zargabaath.
Don't forget that Basch, Balthier and Reddas were all also Judges at one point
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:I could be here all day listing off characters who I like in games who are knights...there's like hundred and hundreds of them, this is a very vague question. :lol:
Oh, and I disagree that all of the Judges are assholes. Bergan and Ghis yes, definitely agree, however Drace (female one) definitely not, nor are Gabranth and Zargabaath.
Don't forget that Basch, Balthier and Reddas were all also Judges at one point

I would not know. PS2 erased my nearly 60 hours I put into FFXII and have yet to go back as it still pisses me off.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:57 am

no love for steiner?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Your fave Knights/Ninjas/Pirates/Samurai/Soldier in gam

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:50 pm

The Sengoku Basara version of Masamune Date.

He is slick,arrogant,funny and to me the most fun to play in the game. Anyone who can kill thousands of enemies with one eye and six Katana are cool by me..all while sportin his mouth

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Re: Your fave Knights/Ninjas/Pirates/Samurai/Soldier in gam

Postby OL » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:44 am

This topic seems to cover a pretty broad spectrum now...
Would it make sense to merge it with the character designs topic and change the name to "characters/character designs"?
Cover both visual design and personalities?
OL
Shenmue III

Re: Favorite gaming Character designs & Characters and why

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:06 am

k
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:41 am

Goro Majima is easily one of my favorite characters in the Yakuza series. Probably much the same as most other Yakuza fans.

The motherfucker is insane. Well, more so a cocky badass with a weird sense of honor and loyalty, rather than just being "insane". He's the type to laugh in the face of danger and egg it on, rather than giving it a warning or trying to talk it down (which is essentially why he lost his eye; won't spoil it, but the story behind it is pretty great in Yakuza 4).
The "crazy badass" image could come off as a bit one-dimensional, if it weren't for the occasional moment of deeper character development. He'll constantly talk a big game (which he can easily back up), but in Dead Souls, when a little girl admires him and describes him as being "like a superhero", he's suddenly humbled and at a loss for words. Stuff like that goes to show there's more going on behind the eyepatch than just a lust for a good fight (though that is ever-present as well).

Plus, he's got an insanely awesome back tattoo design. And it's much more accurate to how Yakuza tattoos really are, compared to Kazuma's.
(no spoilers, just don't want to make the page too long)

OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:57 am

Grew to really like Zael.
Yes he is an orphan but unlike other RPG's it actually plays part in the story. He is not a teenager.
Yes he is another chosen one unlikey kinda thing.
Now while he is a mercenary and has aspirations to be a Knight and has a nice moving love story involving him with another major character in the story. He is a humble guy and kind of shy at times but is not afraid to get drunk with his mates and not a person to get on his bad side. Quit noble as well. Ok maybe not ground breaking character traits but I bet anyone who plays TLS and when Syrenne teases him and he grabs his crotch getting a boner laughed their ass off like I did.
I mean it's not cartoony sex humour like some RPG's.
I also just like him for nice touches Mistwalker did like animations where sliding between buildings or balancing on a ledge or jumping over a barrier or taking cover. Many nice animated touches. It actually helps work with him as he is a supposed great swordsman (and he is if you see the battle system) and great with the crossbow. So unlike many games for example Ys. Adol supposed to be this amazing swords man but in the games he often has 3 strikes. This is set up where he has various moves and yes on two chapters and fights it has the occasional QTE but they are almost impossible to fail.

Any way another reason I like him is when

You get the knight armor and level up Dagrans sword as it can go all the way to 9999 attack power
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Tuffty » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:40 pm

Sarevok - Baldur's Gate

The first thing you see when you play Baldur's Gate is a CGI video that introduces you straight away to the antagonist, Sarevok. And what a beginning. An incredibly imposing figure who kills a knight without remorse (he's laughing as he does it) and with no real effort at all as he casually picks up the knight with one hand by the throat, slams his body through a steel fence which breaks it open and crushes the life out of him (you can hear the bones snap and the blood rising up, choking the knight). Plus that armor looks pretty damn cool. It leaves a lasting impression, and one where it leaves you with dread knowing you'll have to fight him at some point.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming