E3 2011 (See First Page For Dojo E3 Party)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: E3 2011 (See First Page For Dojo E3 Party)

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:17 am

I thought Tomb Raider was a retail relase.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:29 am

It is

I was replying to the first MGS comment.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:40 am

Actually watched the Konami hullaballuu and the mega64/Kojima video explaining everything.

The idea of Ps4 is quickly fading out of my mind. buncha new engines, and people trying to make NGP and PS3 a power combo of global gaming. I think the HD collections are retail releases, makes me worry tho are they going to try and make us buy every game twice, or will we be able to buy a game for ps3 and get the NGP version downloaded onto the handheld?

plus a new SC5 trailers

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPQh0uPVSMI[/youtube]
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:57 am

Bioshock Infinite at MS E3 event?

http://sillegamer.com/?p=848

Wounder if it will be getting a better with Kinect label on the case?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:52 am

I'm gonna buy those HD releases of MGS and ZOE, just for MGS2 HD and ZOE2 HD. Makes me wonder why they're doing a MGS3 HD release in the collection when there's a remake coming out for 3DS? Milking it like crazy. Konami are really surviving because of Metal Gear, huh.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:47 am

Heavenly Sword 2 for PS3 at E3?

http://www.agamingsite.com/ps3/rumour-h ... eal-at-e3/

Liked the first but it would most likely be done by a different team so im not too sure untill we see it.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:41 pm

Sorry, couldn't really take that article seriously. Ninja Theory has far from a good track record. Kung fu chos was meh, enslaved was good but but it did have a good amount of technical issues, Heavenly sword was a big mess of a game, I'm not sure why people like it, even when I bring up its many technical downfalls no one really says disagrees, its like everyone wants to say its good just because it was a decent early ps3 game. Not saying its the worst, not saying its unenjoyable its just really badly made and the issues it has are present in Enslaved and Kungfu chaos which shows their weakness as studio. (also not sure what innovations heavenly sword introduced, even the crappy motion controlled bits had already been done)

My point is Heavenly sword isn't a great IP, and Ninja Theory didn't do a great job on it, maybe handing it off to another team could be good, maybe it won't matter.

Henry Spencer wrote:I'm gonna buy those HD releases of MGS and ZOE, just for MGS2 HD and ZOE2 HD. Makes me wonder why they're doing a MGS3 HD release in the collection when there's a remake coming out for 3DS? Milking it like crazy. Konami are really surviving because of Metal Gear, huh.

Can you point at anything else that sells? Its like the only thing out of Kanami despite the catalog of IPs they own.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:58 pm

No way I can. I just think it's a damn shame Konami have gotten to this state, that's all.

With that said...Kojima reveals a new game engine:

Is this the "taboo", "Devil", "Ogre" project that Kojima kept referring to? His new IP? We'll probably see at TGS anyway.

!
Looks like it may be a new IP for the team, finally.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Looks stunning. Very interested in this E3.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Heavenly Sword 2 for PS3 at E3?

http://www.agamingsite.com/ps3/rumour-h ... eal-at-e3/

Liked the first but it would most likely be done by a different team so im not too sure untill we see it.

First suxked major balls.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:19 pm

^ever play it?
Heavenly Sword wasnt "bad" at all. It was lacking in certain area's like the combat system was very simple and their was no jump mechanic but overall it was a great looking game, aesthetically and graphically. It also actually made good use of the six axis controller, which at the time no other games were using correctly or effectively. Overall though id say the story was the best part. The characters were cool and the premiss was interesting. They had online comics to DL from the store that told the back story which was very artistic and well written.
I dont own it anymore cause its not worth owning after you've playn it once through, but it was far from a bad game.

Unlike God of War which I think is crap!
Someone will come chew me out for being a hypocrite now. :lol:
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:21 pm

Axm wrote:^ever play it?
Heavenly Sword wasnt "bad" at all. It was lacking in certain area's like the combat system was very simple and their was no jump mechanic but overall it was a great looking game, aesthetically and graphically. It also actually made good use of the six axis controller, which at the time no other games were using correctly or effectively. Overall though id say the story was the best part. The characters were cool and the premiss was interesting. They had online comics to DL from the store that told the back story which was very artistic and well written.
I dont own it anymore cause its not worth owning after you've playn it once through, but it was far from a bad game.

Yes I played it and it was shit just like Ninja Theory. Broken as hell. Game sucked & Ninja Theory sucks

EDIT
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Unlike God of War which I think is crap!
Someone will come chew me out for being a hypocrite now. :lol:

I got it with my PS3. Got as far as the first arrow sequence and decided just wasn't the game for me. Ended up doing a straight swap for GT Prologue when it came out. Launch game for a new game. I'm a sneaky bastard..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Ryudo wrote:

Yes I played it and it was shit just like Ninja Theory. Broken as hell. Game sucked & Ninja Theory sucks.

Rarr Warra warrarr sucks warrar arr! :lol:
Like I said it wasnt perfect. It was lacking in alot of area's. The combat system was broken for sure. But as for the rest of it that I talked about, I think alot of people out there reviewed it as a whole and gave it good scores based on its other merits aswell. Again, far from "great" status but not bad at all. For an early gen game that came out in like 2007? It could have been much worse.

Crimson Ryan wrote:I got it with my PS3. Got as far as the first arrow sequence and decided just wasn't the game for me. Ended up doing a straight swap for GT Prologue when it came out. Launch game for a new game. I'm a sneaky bastard..

GT Prologue wins that battle for sure.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:33 pm

I don;t like GOW much either. Kratos is one of the worst characters and a total moron and douchebag. Travis would kick his ass so would Dante. Hell even the game GOW ripped off Rygar would beat Kratos.

I didn't like the game then I like it less now just because of the developer who made it. Not just for destroying DMC but because like Activision and David Cage ge praised for mediocrity. If OL or someone xcomes and give a big speech Stop hating Ryudo blah blah. No.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming