Wii U

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Wii U

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Bluecast wrote:i get paid monday so may pick up pikmin 2.

p 100 looks interesting as well

P100 is actually nothing like Pikmin, it more like Viewtiful Joe.

See in Pikmin Olimar stands back while the pikmin do the fighting he commands them with his whistle and they do what he says. Basically Pikmin are units and you command them to attack individual.

in P-100, recruiting people actually make each of your 3 main characters more powerful. with more people you can make an even bigger fist, sword or gun. The player character can attack, but the followers can't help unless they're in a team attack which the player initiates. Its almost like a crowd based beat em up.

P-100, Zombiu and Ninja Gaiden were the ones I played most because I really enjoyed all three.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Let me know when you can play Darksiders II
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:07 am

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... ke-the-wii
Iwata: The Wii U's graphics won't lag behind its next-gen competitors like the Wii
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:59 am

Nintendo may charge for online at some point

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... lways-free
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:59 am

Bluecast wrote:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-03-iwata-the-wii-us-graphics-wont-fall-short-of-its-next-gen-competitors-like-the-wii
Iwata: The Wii U's graphics won't lag behind its next-gen competitors like the Wii

That's kind of impossible to say that with certainty unless he has confirmed set in stone intel on the exact final specs Sony And Microsoft is putting into their system. Not like it matters. High end hardware makes it costly for developers to stay in business. With any luck for the developers sake, maybe he meant to say that the U won't lag like the wii did, it will lag worse.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:25 am

I think it's more to do with the jump between the PS3 and PS4 won't be as big as that of the PS2 and PS3. So when Nintendo finally have something a bit better then the PS3 like they had something a bit better then a PS2 the difference won't be so bad.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:35 am

Sonikku wrote:
Bluecast wrote:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-03-iwata-the-wii-us-graphics-wont-fall-short-of-its-next-gen-competitors-like-the-wii

That's kind of impossible to say that with certainty unless he has confirmed set in stone intel on the exact final specs Sony And Microsoft is putting into their system. Not like it matters. High end hardware makes it costly for developers to stay in business. With any luck for the developers sake, maybe he meant to say that the U won't lag like the wii did, it will lag worse.

I'm not expecting PS4 and next Xbox to be leaps and bounds above what we have now. Development costs are too high and Sony and MS would lose more money. Third party devs have come out and said they are happy supporting this gen because of costs already pretty high and MS and sony are finally making money on hardware. Sony is having trouble financially and to lose money on hardware is not something they are looking into. If anything I expect MS to be more focused like Nintendo on other ways to play your games and control them. Sony is also. I think they will be a bit above Wii U but not a massive leap. Wii U seems to have a bit of a margin above current systems esp when it's native of 1080P. I think the age of massive leaps is dead.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:44 am

My guess is the next xbox and PS will be atleast 8 times more powerful than the current consoles. The Wii U will lag after a while but no way near as badly as the wii has
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:00 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:My guess is the next xbox and PS will be atleast 8 times more powerful than the current consoles. The Wii U will lag after a while but no way near as badly as the wii has

No one is going to pay 1000$ for a console and devlopers are not going to spend upwards of 200 mil $ to make a game. Right now developers are happy with PS3/360 as they can make money back and are in no rush for MS/Sony to jump. When they do it won't be a major leap like generations past. I don't think you know what you're saying. :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:11 am

Its never going to cost that much and the 360 and ps3 will continue to sell so MS and Sony will be able to take a hit on their next consoles for a few years while still making profits off the current ones.

And look around on the sites, most devs are calling for or saying they are moving onto next gen.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 am

Most devs are happy making money with less risk. Unless you want to see MS & Sony leave the console biz. 8 times is not going to happen. This gen was not even that big of leap. It jumped to 6x times the power of last gen.We have never had a gen with 8x at most next gen will be 2-3. For a raw guess and comparison Wii U might be Dreamcast or PS2 and MS & Sony will either be Xbox or Gamecube in comparison.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:28 am

Wii U 'isn't going to work' says Pachter also claims the 360 like pad is due to activision not wanting to use the tablet for COD

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/wii-u-isnt- ... er-6387233

He said this about the Wii and said the PS3 would dominate this gen.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:47 am

That wasn't even worth posting. The guy is a moron and everything he "predicts" the opposite is true.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:05 pm

I think there is still a long time before nintendo become a failure, they understand the industry better than any security firm analyst could hope to and have more experience than any of the competition, sure it might not be an immediate success but they will always pull through, after all the Wii wasn't exactly the best hardware wise but outsold all the competition this gen that says something about how well they understand the market, they also have countless popular franchises that will make people buy the wii u just to play them even if the controller is a 6 foot dildo

I find it funny how he said they got lucky with the wii, you need more than luck to sell 95.85 million units and dev's will experience with anything that's popular, there are many possibilities that the tablet offers that are just too good for the creative type to pass on given the chance
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming