Wii U

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Wii 2 at E3?

Postby Axm » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:37 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Nes: 1985-1991 (6 years)
Snes: 1991-1996 (5 years)
n64: 1996-2001 (5 years)
gamecube: 2001-2006 (5 years)
wii: 2006-2012 (6 years)

gameboy: 1989-1998 (10 years)
gameboy color: 1998-2001(3 years)
gameboy advance: 2001-2004 (3 years)
ds: 2004-2011 (7 years))

its time, its happened before. Also its not just an hd wii its more powerful then current gen consoles has a normal non motion controller (with two analog inputs and dpad) and a bigass touch screen in the middle of the controller, and somehow backwards compatible.

so no its not just wii hd

True that. You got me.
They have also for a fact run dry of all the reboots, redo's, sequels and main staples of their systems. So it would be only natural for them to release a new system and have another excuse to rinse and repeat. Makes perfect sense now actually.
Looking forward to what craziness they come up with next.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:52 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:I'm going to guess that with this new console the Wii controller and nunchuks will be backwards compatible too. That way it will be perfectly backwards compatible with the Wii, plus they won't have to completely abandon the motion control idea by allowing motion to be an alternate method of playing new games.

i like the vmu wannabe better

? That seems like a complete non-sequitor to what I said.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby The_Intruder » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:38 pm

I read about Wii 2 GPU at IGN and I want to know how much more powerful is it from the PS3/360.
Additionally, IGN has learned that the system will be based on a revamped version of AMD's R700 GPU architecture, not AMD's Fusion technology as previously believed, which will, as previously reported, out perform the PlayStation 3's NVIDIA 7800GTX-based processor. Like the Xbox 360, the system's CPU will be a custom-built triple-core IBM PowerPC chipset, but the clocking speeds will be faster.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:44 pm

It doesn't matter.
IGN also doesn't know shit. About anything about gaming.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:21 pm

^They got everything about the NGP right.

More details of Nintendo's forthcoming console, codenamed Project Cafe aka Wii 2, have been revealed to IGN, including the system's estimated pricing, release, console design, processing architecture, and name.

According to sources with knowledge of the project, Nintendo's next console could have a retail price of anywhere between $350 and $400 based on manufacturing costs, and will ship from Taiwanese manufacturer, Foxconn, this October, putting the earliest possible retail release anywhere between mid-October and early November.

However, Nintendo could also opt to build up a sizable supply of the system and allocate more time for software and games development by launching in early 2012. Similarly, Nintendo could attempt to lower the retail price of the system with lower profit margins to make the price more alluring.

Since the manufacturing is taking place in Taiwan, the earthquakes and tsunami that hit Japan last month will not impact the console hardware as previously expected.

Additionally, IGN has learned that the system will be based on a revamped version of AMD's R700 GPU architecture, not AMD's Fusion technology as previously believed, which will, as previously reported, out perform the PlayStation 3's NVIDIA 7800GTX-based processor. Like the Xbox 360, the system's CPU will be a custom-built triple-core IBM PowerPC chipset, but the clocking speeds will be faster. The system will support 1080p output with the potential for stereoscopic 3D as well, though it has not been determined whether that will be a staple feature.

In terms of the design of the console itself, the overall size will be comparable to that of the original Xbox 360 and the system is likely to resemble a modernized version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES).

As reported last week, it will indeed utilize controllers with integrated touchscreens and be capable of streaming games to each controller, though given the power of the system, could also feasibly provide a virtualized console for each individual unit.

Finally, Nintendo is considering naming the console Stream, though it is potentially one of several names currently being vetted by the company.

We contacted Nintendo representatives, but they declined to comment on "rumors or speculation."

Late 2011 or early 2012? I'm down with that.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:01 pm

The rule is anytime Nintendo announces a new console,delay that one year from the date they say. Since SNES they have done that.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby The_Intruder » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Do you think Yu Suzuki already know about Wii 2? He may consider it for development of Shenmue 3.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:24 pm

At this stage I doubt any dev kits have been sent to anyone.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:42 pm

I cant see it coming out any time this year. I can agree with Ryudo that it will probably be delayed. My guess is mid to late next year.
Ryudo wrote:At this stage I doubt any dev kits have been sent to anyone.

If they are planing to release at all anytime next year then they would of had to already. Unless they plan on 3rd parties to make a rush job out of their games.... erhmm nevermind.. not exactly un-herd of..
However you'd hope development time and quality will be at the same level it is today with PS3 and 360 considering they are going to have a machine technically better than those.
Well atleast 1st party studio's will have it. Thats all that usually matters anyways.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby The_Intruder » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:01 pm

March 2012 would be a good release date for Wii 2. I don't want to wait until Q4 2012 for it. That is just too long I'd go crazy by then. I think I read somewhere that some game company already have dev kits for Wii 2. So I wouldn't be surprise if it does come out early next year.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Square Enix, Capcom, Sega, Konami, Activision, Rockstar/Take Two, Electronic Arts, Namco and Ubisoft have development kits, and all have at least one game in the works.

http://www.destructoid.com/huge-load-of ... 9298.phtml

Plenty of people are saying dev kits have been around for awhile. Even if it was a late 2012 release people will have dev kits.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Send Grasshoper one.NMH3.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:08 am

kits are out but only to bigger companies
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Ryudo wrote:http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-the-latest-leaked-project-cafe-image-199406.phtml

I guess if thats supposed to be the Dev kit, then the console should look similar to some degree.
Why it has to be so blurry of an image makes me think it could be fake though.
Either way the truth is most major devs have the kits regardless.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming