SNK

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

SNK

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:00 am

OL wrote:Both my avatar pics jumped into the sig, so I'm searching for a new worthy avatar.

I know you are giddy that mark is reviewing KOF.Image
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Moogles,Chocobo's & Big ass Swords.Yup Final Fantasy!

Postby OL » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:15 am

Actually haven't watched CGR in a while... :oops:
He's gotten just a teensie bit lazy with his vids.

But as SNK girls go, I prefer Vanessa or Angel (or hey, why not Vanessa Angel?).

What topic is this again? I just stumbled in here and forgot where I came from.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Re: SNK/King of Fighters

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:19 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em9AbUkNzFE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIbGmR4Oexc[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:30 am

Yeah, that works. New topic and all that. Might just be me and Segata in here most of the time, and I'm still an amateur with SNK games (trying to work on a video for something else, so I haven't been grinding through my fighters as much as I've wanted to). But I'll start posting just to gush about them all soon enough.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:33 am

SHOCKER I never played a KOF game and I love fighters. So easiest to find and most affordable?
I have SS on SNES tho
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:45 am

KOF 94-98 are all available on the KOF collection for PS2, for 14-20 bucks just about...
I know PS2 isn't an option, but still... kind of hard to get them anywhere else unless you have a Neo Geo...
Oh wait! There are a couple on Dreamcast if I remember correctly. No clue about prices though.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:49 am

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:52 am

Shit, I forgot that one was also on Wii... it was the World Heroes, Fatal Fury, and Art of Fighting ones that are only on PS2.
All the better though. Hope you check it out. ;-)
OL
Shenmue III

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:36 am

I like SNK artstyle, easyly over what Capcom does with Street Fighter, but I never played enough any KOF or Samurai Showdown to become good at them.

OL have you got any interest in the 3D itenerations of King of Fighters? Never played the first but Maximum Impact 2 is a treat. I adore me some sprites but it's heart warmimg the way they translated the charm of every little sprite animation into 3D. Given time you might want to check it out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1nsk4tNZg4[/youtube]
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby wude » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:03 pm

played all 2d kof(played XI in mugen), what i like most about kof is the fighting styles and moves (including specials and supers).
my favs are 97 and 98, 2003 is a great one too because of garou chars.
i'm sure we had a topic like this one where i talked about hinata.no.orochi and the seven virgins.
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:27 pm

Kof 2006 is max impact 2 if I'm not mistaken. Not exactly high on production values its got fucking FIO!

FIO MOTHERFUCKER!

Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby OL » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:54 pm

I was thinking about it the other day, and I kind of wish SNK would make more in either the Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting series. All they do now (mostly) as far as fighting games go is KOF. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but they could do a lot of fun things with their older, more focused series too.
For one, giving them full-fledged story modes, sort of like how Blazblue does it (or how the upcoming KOFXIII is doing it). AOF was semi-innovative at the time for having a very focused story mode (though it's very primitive by today's standards, of course), so a remake or something could be really cool, making the original game more atmospheric, a little more fleshed out, more dialogue, all that.
Plus, playing around with those older series' gameplay details would be really fun. I love how AOF limits special moves with its spirit bar, and requires you to charge back up to continue launching off specials. With the smoother gameplay of SNK's fighters now, something like that could make matches incredibly intense and fun.
Or the multi-plane systems found in the Fatal Fury series (which I actually like a lot). KOF only deals with the standard single-plane system found in just about every fighting game, but it'd be fun to play around with switching between background and foreground, again with SNK's current smoother gameplay.

Don't mind me, just dreaming...
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:34 pm

I totally agress, i bought Samurai showndown sen thinking that and man it sucked lol. It was nice to see Metal slug 7 and Neo Geo Battle Colosseum, as well as SNK re-releasing those games on XBL and their neo geo games on PSN (which shows they're not dead) but I want a new last blade, or a new 2d samurai showdown, or garou in kof, or anything. I love 13 to death but I want more SNK goodness.

(Also note, they once threw out this idea about multi plane fights going on with tags, I forgot exactly how it was supposed to play out but it was in this OOOOOOOOOOLD PSM and it sounded interesting but people cried bloody murder so i figured the idea died)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:28 pm

I feel like SS on SNES isn't that great. It feels like a very watered down port and it is. Kinda stiff as well controls.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:34 pm

^^I like Samurai Shodown better on Genesis than SNES myself (mostly just because the blood is left intact). But yeah, The SS Anthology is really the way to go if you want to play it. Original Neo Geo version. Arcade-perfect, if I'm not mistaken.
OL
Shenmue III

Next

Return to General Gaming