One Piece motherfreaking Musou

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: One Pice motherfreaking Musou

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:58 am

If Mue hates FoTNS so much I would gladly take that filth off his hands for free. Put it on my shelf of with the rest of the filth. :mrgreen:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:00 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:I have a soft spot for those old historical strat games too, there was also one about the khans and the founding of the Yuan dynasty but I can't remember the name.

The simply-title Genghis Khan for NES, maybe?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:02 am

YEAAAA the one i was thinking of was 2 for snes, clan of the grey wolf

Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:24 pm

One piece is on Hulu. Don't know if it's the 4kids one or not yet. Did see had the option for dubbed or English.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Mother of fuck! That One Piece on Wii is 70$ used and 300$ new and just for a game that came out in 2008! Well I have not a chance in hell playing it now.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Ziming » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Ryudo wrote:One piece is on Hulu. Don't know if it's the 4kids one or not yet. Did see had the option for dubbed or English.

If it's 4kids dub I would avoid it like the plague. They replaced Sanji's cigarette with a lollipop. You mean subbed or English right? Because if it's in English then it's already dubbed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGBy0Fb0WYI[/youtube]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:46 pm

And Walkie talkies
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Tuffty » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm glad to see FOTNS fans. Ken's Rage is fucking awesome and deeper than what people would expect when they hear it's a DW-esque game. People have different views on what they think a FOTNS game like that should feel like and I can certainly see the appeal in a game that performs as smoothly and as quickly as something like DMC or Bayonetta. But I dunno, when I'm playing as Kenshiro I feel like there's some proper weight being thrown behind those punches, or while playing as Rei I can slice up my enemies before they have time to react. Very faithful to it's source material too, I was hugely impressed by it, and still playing it even now (those boss run challenges are fucking brutal)

Never seen One Piece but I definately think that this game is in good hands.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ziming » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
the scar he got when he went to rescue ace and everyone got incredibly pwned which means the game features Zoro after losing an eye and powered up n SHIT YOSH

When in the manga did it say he lost his eye? As far as I know his eye is just shut.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Ziming wrote:
the scar he got when he went to rescue ace and everyone got incredibly pwned which means the game features Zoro after losing an eye and powered up n SHIT YOSH

When in the manga did it say he lost his eye? As far as I know his eye is just shut.

Yeah that kinda just struck me, I've got the jump in front of me and I'm not sure if its just shut or actually gone.

but they haven't really said yet, even now fighting the fishmen he hasn't opened it
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:19 pm

Ziming wrote:

Yeah that kinda just struck me, I've got the jump in front of me and I'm not sure if its just shut or actually gone.

but they haven't really said yet, even now fighting the fishmen he hasn't opened it

If his eye really is gone then we can assume he lost it training with Mihawk. I would be extremely disappointed if a "opened eye" was a form of power up. Even worse if it were some form of sharingan type eye... :roll:
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Yea that'd piss me off too. Although I'll give eichiro Oda this much, he has a much better idea of where he's taking the series than kishimoto or kubo.

going back and reading/watching the aarlong arc theres alot that alludes to fishmen island
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:26 pm

sure its the same character, he looks mighty different, the texture work has been upgraded quite a bit and its also been upgraded in terms of locales, and enemy troops. On top of that, with a few hundred enemies on screen, and a constant 30-60 FPS which is something old DW games, especially 4, couldn't do.

My word, what did they do to Xiahou Dun! He looked great in 3, ya know like an actual warrior, now they seem to have turned him into some awful garish clown who looks like a pop singer with an eye patch, yuck! They better not have defiled Guan Yu in a similar manner!

adding multiple weapons for 30+characters is trivial?

Yes, of course thats trivial, to add more weapons and characters is the industry standard approach to a lazy sequel. Especially when the game already had more then enough of those by DW 3.

making a multi-tiered map that loads in one chunk and has high res models and AIs on every tier running at the same time is trivial

The former is good to have but yes ultimately trivial, at least to me anyway. I'm not gonna spend more money on the same game that just has less loading times. Im not sure the latter counts as the AI is still uniformly crap.

Online multiplayer, new strategy modes, expanded story that covers start of the jin empire, all trivial?

But does anyone even play this online? For an even more expanded story read the book, its much better. I don't really know much about the new strategy modes, but if they are any good then that would probably be more interesting to me then the brain numbing repitition of the main game, thus making it the only non trivial addition (potentially).

Having said all that I may have previously been a little harsh to the series. They can still provide a special type of button mashing fun and scale that no other game has matched yet. So I do have a certain amount of respect for the games( As I mentioned I used to love them!), I just wish the improve the quality of the sequels a little bit though.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:38 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVitA6ucv4U[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:39 am

Yea i saw, not diggin the music, not diggin it at all, but it looks like a beat em up, and i like beat em ups so i'll likely grab it.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming