Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Tuffty » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:23 am

I do believe I'm at that infamous point in Dark Souls that gives players a lot of grief. Ornstein and Smough. Two bosses at once. Must be at least the 20th time I've tried to get past them now. Fuck my life.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:32 am

Interested in Anarchy Reigns now Sega have said it's launching at £20.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: OL
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: Interested in Anarchy Reigns now Sega have said it's launching at £20.

I'm in
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:41 pm

I wonder why they're going budget with it?
From the demo, it felt incredibly high-quality. One that I'd easily pay the full 60 bucks for.
I could understand dropping it to 50, or maybe even 40, considering that it's been out for a bit already in Japan. But 20 bucks?
Granted, I'm sure they can afford to do it like that since it was already translated in the Japanese release (or at least the demo had full english subtitles and an english dub already in it), so it's likely a bit of a Phantom Dust situation.
Still, they could have easily gotten away with a slightly higher price at launch.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:44 pm

^ Well he said 20 pounds so maybe closer to 30$. Still yeah. I think they want to makeup for it in volume. PG games struggle to sell and maybe with a budget price people are more apt to snatch it up.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:14 pm

True. Well, good for us then.

Was surprised to see that Aksys actually decided to dub the short anime "prequel" for Virtue's Last Reward.
The game itself is supposed to have both the English and the Japanese voice tracks. As usual, I'll probably be going for the Japanese track first, but it's good to see that some legitimate effort was put into the dub as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h4xPoe4w1g[/youtube]
OL
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:17 am

Was just recording some footage of the original MGS, and man, that brought me back. It's amazing how despite having played through the game over and over, it can still bring me right back to 1998 every time I power it on. Still impressive as hell, even to this day.
I really miss the old Shinkawa-drawn Codec portraits. As illogical as it may sound, I've always wished they would have kept using those throughout the series instead of switching to 3D models during the Codec scenes.
And while I'm on it, I really wish that Yoji Shinkawa would be given free reign to come up with a game of his own, designing the artwork and characters, then collaborating with the rest of Kojima Productions to turn it into a full game. That'd be amazing. Looking at some of the guy's personal artwork and designs from his sketchbooks, he's just got such a great, original design sense, certainly one of the best in the entire videogame industry. I'd love to see what he would do if given the opportunity to create whatever he wants.

OL has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:25 am

We have consoles more than powerful enough now. We need a MGS game even if a non cannon spinoff using the artwork that has been on the game covers forever. Whole game in that style with colors only being accents.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:22 am

Bluecast wrote: ^ Well he said 20 pounds so maybe closer to 30$. Still yeah. I think they want to makeup for it in volume. PG games struggle to sell and maybe with a budget price people are more apt to snatch it up.

Yeah, $30. Should of said that beforehand. Probably to try and limit import sales since there was a lot of rage after the delay..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:35 am

:lol: US dollar is becoming the new Peso
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Luvly KM » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:16 pm

So its my birthday (not why im posting) and i have a good friend who works quality assurance at sega... He knows that i like shenmue etc etc.. And he has just sent me a birthday message saying that he is currently looking for sailors... Lets just say that I know him well enough to know what that could mean :)

also, i just finished Nier. Good ending revelation... Although i Thought the character could have been more philosophically shocked and inquisitive.. An idea such as that has the potential for a full blown charlie kaufman movie... A well earned 7/10

Luvly KM has received 3 thanks from: Tuffty, Who Really Cares?, wude
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Happy Birthday.

Now force him to spill the beans on Shenmue HD.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:52 pm

I downloaded steam. I thought it's been 5 years since I gave up on it.Guess what IT'S DOING THE SAME SHIT IT DID 5 YEARS AGO! Steam sucks shit fucking monkey nuts.

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire, wude
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Bluecast wrote: I downloaded steam. I thought it's been 5 years since I gave up on it.Guess what IT'S DOING THE SAME SHIT IT DID 5 YEARS AGO! Steam sucks shit fucking monkey nuts.

Agreed, I dislike it with quite a passion too...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:38 pm

I remember Steam thinking they were all cute trying to connect to the internet whenever I wanted to play an offline game. (Thank god it now has an offline mode, now it just fiddles with trying to connect to an account every time I launch something before launching the app) Wanna play that Half Life 2 game? TOO BAD. Gotta make you download some big update over dial up on my ATI system to improve performance with Nvidia cards. Also the update isn't optional, you HAVE to download it and you can't play your offline single player games until you do. Of course that is assuming the downloader isn't doing some wonky shit that isn't crashing or hitting some other kind of ridiculous snag along the way to begin with.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming