Indie Games

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Indie Games

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:07 pm

Hmm that description made it sound worse for me somehow. Thanks for informing me what it's about as I keep hearing about it. That said I think I can safely pass but at least pass without doubt.

BTW is there any indie SRPG's?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm sorry but this game looks terrible. It has this fake trying to hard Artstyle from someone on deviant art. The aesthetics of the game themselves to me look bland and gameplay looks bland. I appreciate them trying to recreate PSone era RPGs but it looks so blah.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Ryudo wrote: Hmm that description made it sound worse for me somehow. Thanks for informing me what it's about as I keep hearing about it. That said I think I can safely pass but at least pass without doubt.

BTW is there any indie SRPG's?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, off the top of my head FTL (Faster then Light) is the best. After that would be rainbow moon. FTL is kind of like Mass Effect if it were a good game. Rainbow moon is kinda meh, I liked some of what I played but never could get into the graphics.

To be honest the problem with indie RPGs is they try and do 1 of 2 things, they either go straight for nostalgia and carbon copy a bunch of gameplay mechanics, or they try to make the genre into an inside joke thats not very funny. The best ones are usually trying to do something new and stealing ideas by making them their own, like Bastion.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/disastercake/soul-saga-a-j-rpg-inspired-by-playstation-classics

Soul saga looks ok, i threw some money at it, I think Massive Chalice will be better, that sounds more up Ryudo's ally.

phpBB [video]

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:24 pm

That looks decent. The one that looked great had Clouds sword and colorful like Bastion.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:34 pm

Me and Brad got really drunk at the Figeroa and started talking about Fire Emblem, X-Com and Brazen (...I'm a HUGE fan of Brazen) I even confessed I was making a similar game. My goal is to make Adere Crystallum better then Massive Chalice but given how talent the people at double fine are, I think its a tall order.

I truly believe Massive chalice will be a great game.

Ryudo wrote: That looks decent. The one that looked great had Clouds sword and colorful like Bastion.

Transistor?

phpBB [video]
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:37 pm

There wasnt a single bit of game play in it, a character design nothing. Just them talking about the game and drawing on a dry erase board. Not saying it will be good or bad, but that video didnt show shit. I liked the ideas he was talking about especially the part about permadeath and when a character dies he leaves relics behind that benefits you, that sounds like a really good idea.

Soul Saga seems basic, but there is something about it I like, I wouldnt be so judgemental about either of them just yet though, they both seem to be in very raw form at present, basically just ideas waiting to see fruitian.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:41 pm

^ Videos and trailers and gameplay been shown all over the place online.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Me and Brad got really drunk at the Figeroa and started talking about Fire Emblem, X-Com and Brazen (...I'm a HUGE fan of Brazen) I even confessed I was making a similar game. My goal is to make Adere Crystallum better then Massive Chalice but given how talent the people at double fine are, I think its a tall order.

I truly believe Massive chalice will be a great game.

Ryudo wrote: That looks decent. The one that looked great had Clouds sword and colorful like Bastion.

Transistor?

phpBB [video]

^ Yup that's it. Looks so badass. While this game is already out I need to buy Mutant Mudds as I loved the demo. Also I love the Mighty Switch Force series. Have both and love them. Wayforward is Capcom of the 80's.

These retro platformers draw me in like a moth to a flame. Oh and different type of game but really looking forward to Rain. Manny go get Lost in Shadow now.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:44 pm

Wayfoward pretty much IS 90s capcom, theres a decent chance of them doing a megaman game.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:13 pm

Transistor looks cool, the sword kind of looks like the monado from Xenoblade, but the game play reminds me of Persona, or a couple Dreamcast dungeon crawlers like evolution and time stalkers.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sokora » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:12 am

Bump

Any recommendations for PS4 while the sale is on?
Sokora
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to General Gaming