Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:25 am

Supposed leaked box art

http://www.oxm.co.uk/50645/assassins-cr ... ft-forums/

Black Flag is said to star Edward Kenway, father of Haytham, father of (eventual) Assassin's Creed 3 leading man Connor. He's reportedly "a privateer, assassin and occasional pirate" who spends his days sailing around the Caribbean, shooting/stabbing things and glowering at them.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:40 am

Pirate-themed Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag has been officially confirmed by publisher Ubisoft, and will have 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay on PlayStation 3.

Packshot artwork shows that the game will at least be released for PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360.

Eurogamer will be able to reveal full details of the game on Monday at 5pm UK time

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... lay-on-ps3
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:42 am

Wait a month and it will be PS4 and XBox what ever its going to be called as well.

Edit or not. Another AC game could be in the works for next gen consoles

http://www.vgleaks.com/assassins-creed- ... -surprise/

Really Ubisoft? Really!?! I mean i hope its a next year release and not a launch title.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:45 am

Jesus Christ, how come it takes them 2 years to make AC III, but they're crapping out numbered titles like it's nobodoy's business.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby OL » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:56 pm

They created an entirely new engine for AC3, so that was the reason for the wait. Now they'll probably just be using the same engine again, so development time is practically cut in half. And, y'know, multiple teams working on different games and all.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Other than the first and second game I don't think there has been more than a year gap between games.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Other than the first and second game I don't think there has been more than a year gap between games.

Yeah, you're right. I just meant the wait between numbered games.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:48 pm

The constant titles has put me off the series some what. I still plan on getting III but have been told ill miss out of some story elements by not playing Revelations and Brotherhood.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Not just "some" story elements. Even the un-numbered ones are full-on sequels. Jump from AC2 to AC3 and absolutely nothing in the overarching story will make sense to you. It'd literally be like jumping from A New Hope to Return of the Jedi without paying any attention to Empire.

And I don't mind a constant stream of new titles, myself. To this point, I actually can't say they've been milking it by any means. Each console entry has been great, moving the story along properly and attempting to polish the gameplay further.
I mean, would we have complained if Shenmue actually got all of its chapters released on a steady basis over the course of 5-10 games, just because it ends up being a large amount of games?
If you like Assassin's Creed at all, then the sheer amount of content they've created for the series ought to be seen as a blessing, not a detriment.
As long as it's continuously good, I don't mind at all.

OL has received a thanks from: Tuffty
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:40 pm

I don't mind so much either, if anything 4 might be more interesting now that they can exploit the engine more and refine the gameplay, in much the same way that Brotherhood was a better game than AC2. Hope the new character has more of a personality than Connor, who is proving to be not as good as I had hoped. I'm gonna go and predict that Edward will be some form of swashbuckling, Jack Sparrow-esque pirate, to counter Connor's Anakin Skywalker-esque, seriousness.

Though I wonder, and this is me speaking as someone who hasn't completed AC3 yet, what the aim is in telling a prequel? Seems like that is a decision because they have all these assets they can easily reuse and adapt to make another game within a year around that setting rather than because of any real desire to tell a story in that period.
Last edited by Tuffty on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Still coming out for PS3/360 as well as Wii U and PS4
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:53 pm

Its starting to get really bad.

Yea its a lot of content its unfocused and unfinished. theres more and more bugs that are affecting more people, while a single gamer might generally be able to ignore them the save killing and console restarting is a big problem that sites have reported on and still aren't fully fixed. I've had the issue with the game 4 times (PC,360, PS3,WiiU).

The Story of AC3 also made no sense whatsoever, its like they were writing and then just said "fuck it, problems"

Theres so many good ideas that they have but releasing a game a year is making these games worse off and if Black Flag keeps that going I might just be done with this series.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Its starting to get really bad.

The Story of AC3 also made no sense whatsoever, its like they were writing and then just said "fuck it, problems"

i couldnt disagree more

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:32 am

So it makes sense that the goal of all of the templars was to stop the war despite the fact that they started it? when you assassinate Pitcairn he says "My only goal was to stop this stupid war", a sentiment that Haytham supports thought the game but just after the Boston Massacre Lee reports to Kenway about the missions success.

The Templars don't think George Washington should lead the revolution (even thugh they're trying to just stop the war in general) so they have Hickey and Lee trying to assassinate him. So at one point Hickey tried to pin this on you, in New York, while the city is full to the brim with revolutionary soldiers. Then after 1 cutscene is fully occupied by the British.

Speaking of which, who are these assassin's that help you out here. For an order thats supposedly long died out in this part of the world they're rolling like more then 6 deep at that point (I think you only even have the chance to recruit like 2 by that point and they're not real recruits like with the white hood and stuff and these guys were.)

Why was it necessary to kill Kanen'to:kon! The entire point of that section was to knock out the tribesmen so you could stop them, but the person you knew best, the one repeatedly saying he wasn't a warrior is the only person you're forced to kill in that part even though you can stun everyone else. Seemed like forcing a "Noooooo" moment.

Connor talks about how right the cause is and even fights with Achilles about it and just walks out on the guy but in every cutscene he's extremely hostile towards the Continental Army. This is a kind of narrative dissonance where he's saying the cause is great in one place and shitting on it in another. He even goes so far as to tell Achilles "They're good men".

Why do you kill Haytham in a short cutscene QTE before killing Lee?

What was the point in renaming himself Connor if everyone could tell instantly that he wasn't British-Spanish?

Why are we just now in the third game hearing about Cross?

I've beaten this game 4 times and I don't have answers to a lot more then just that, those are just ones I remember off the top of my head.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming