Sleeping Dogs

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Sleeping Dogs

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:09 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuw9ZWhtVf0[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Peter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:31 am

Fuck. That does look pretty good, but has that usual overcramming of action in the trailer. Really hope there is a good story to it and enticing characters.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:09 am

Ive got a fair few games i want rid of so ill probably trade them in for this on friday
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Spokane » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Peter wrote:Fuck. That does look pretty good, but has that usual overcramming of action in the trailer. Really hope there is a good story to it and enticing characters.

I read the story was pretty short. Not that is always a bad thing but its never a great thing. Then again it could mean its not stretched out with unneeded additions to it also.

WRC? Your going to trade in Barbie Horse Adventures and High School Musical aren't you.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby south carmain » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:58 pm

I was told it has about 8-10 hours story wise, it has 20 additional races and I'm guessing it probably has side quests and collectables, I would probably give it 20-30 hours in gameplay, also the city didn't seem that big when I saw a play through unfortunately but it's detailed which is a plus, also it's hong kong so that's a big plus imo, hopefully it has a good multiplayer
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Spokane » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:02 pm

You'll not like this then, it has no MP.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:05 pm

well I'm not big on multiplayer but it would add 10-20 hours to it, I'm still highly interested in it being in HK though, and someones bound to make a multiplayer for it on PC sooner or later, there's just something great about roaming the city with a few friends that I love
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:06 pm

I am still 50/50 as to wether to get this on Friday. I mean £40 is a lot of money to drop on a new game. Lat time i did it was with LA Noire, and i luckily kept the recipt. I blagged that it was my birthday, and that my non existent girlfriend had bought me another copy. I wouldnt have stood a chance in hell of getting a refund but the game from Asda didnt have cellophane, even on the day of release. They do that since they dont order as much stock as say, Game, and have to put the actual game covers on the shelf. Phew! lol :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:07 pm

There is a score board though that compares everyone's scores. This will be a game I will get eventually, but I have decided for sure I will be getting Darksiders II this week though.

:lol: LA Noire isn't for everyone. In fact my copy cracked and I got another one I liked it so much.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:16 pm

See i hate the fact that if i wait, i will get this for at least a tenner less in, say a month. But i have to play this before i go off on my travels.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Peter wrote:I am still 50/50 as to wether to get this on Friday. I mean £40 is a lot of money to drop on a new game. Lat time i did it was with LA Noire, and i luckily kept the recipt. I blagged that it was my birthday, and that my non existent girlfriend had bought me another copy. I wouldnt have stood a chance in hell of getting a refund but the game from Asda didnt have cellophane, even on the day of release. They do that since they dont order as much stock as say, Game, and have to put the actual game covers on the shelf. Phew! lol :lol:

that's expensive for what it is, I thought it was going to be a 30£ game considering it's size and shortness of the campaign, ah well personally I'll buy it new to support them for doing something different but will get it in a few months when it drops to 25£, be sure to post a review if you get it, every time I start watching youtube videos I have to stop a few mins in because the pleb uploader is incapable of showing the game without spoilers :roll:
Spokane wrote:There is a score board though that compares everyone's scores. This will be a game I will get eventually, but I have decided for sure I will be getting Darksiders II this week though.

:lol: LA Noire isn't for everyone. In fact my copy cracked and I got another one I liked it so much.

I'm not really the competitive type, I prefer playing with friends for laughs rather than a virtual dick measuring contest so a scoreboard isn't really my thing lol much prefer co-op
I still need to play LA noire, I've been so caught up in making my game and playing RTS games recently I haven't touched my ps3 for ages :-k
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spokane » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Peter wrote:See i hate the fact that if i wait, i will get this for at least a tenner less in, say a month. But i have to play this before i go off on my travels.

You know you'd have a good chance at beating it at least since it is kind of short. Assuming you like it enough to finish it.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby orient » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Apparently the story's easily the best part of the game, according Wired's Chris Kohler, in an interview with Sleeping Dog's producer. That was enough for me to preorder it on Steam -- only $45, which is dirt cheap for a new game here in Australia.
orient
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Now goddamm. Whenever Orient posts, regardless of what he says about the story, then i think i have to buy this game! Shit man, how have you been??? :D
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:38 am

KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext