Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:38 pm

People whine on the Internet but company's don't give a fuck because they still get your money and that's all they want. It makes me laugh how people bitch about games with an online pass or DRM but still buy them. Best way to get your point across is just not support it or the company. If you claim to hate these practises but still pay for them then you really can't feel that strongly about it.

Riku Rose has received 3 thanks from: Axm, OL, Samanosuke Akechi
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bambi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Wonder if Rising will be Metal Gear's Code Veronica.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spokane » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Astonished that someone on a gaming website just said their favorite Assassin's Creed game is the first one. Their second being AC3 and 3rd being Revelations. Talk about ass backwards! :lol: I can see AC3 being #2 on a list even though I have to play it still but its hard to imagine them liking AC1 more than AC2, and Brotherhood and Revelations.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Riku Rose wrote: People whine on the Internet but company's don't give a fuck because they still get your money and that's all they want. It makes me laugh how people bitch about games with an online pass or DRM but still buy them. Best way to get your point across is just not support it or the company. If you claim to hate these practises but still pay for them then you really can't feel that strongly about it.

You nailed it.The second they get your money,it's a success for them.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Spokane wrote:Astonished that someone on a gaming website just said their favorite Assassin's Creed game is the first one. Their second being AC3 and 3rd being Revelations. Talk about ass backwards! :lol: I can see AC3 being #2 on a list even though I have to play it still but its hard to imagine them liking AC1 more than AC2, and Brotherhood and Revelations.
Mine would be:
Revelations->Brotherhood->AC2->AC3->AC1

Bambi wrote: Wonder if Rising will be Metal Gear's Code Veronica.

What do you mean?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Exactly. I have yet to play Revelations and Ac3 but even so ACII and Brotherhood blow AC1 out of the water and I know the two I have yet to play will still be better than AC1.

I guess they have their reasons, but their opinion is of overwhelming minority.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:14 pm

For a second, I actually had a hard time choosing which should come in fourth, AC1 and AC3.
AC3 is clearly the better game, but after playing Ezio's trilogy I have a much greater appreciation for Altair, having seen/read his expanded history. So it was a bit of a toss-up for a minute there. AC3 has better action and includes ship battles though, so it edged it's way in.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Right, I will see I guess and form my own opinion when I play it. But still, AC1 is no where near your favorite game nor mine nor I know Ryudo who could not even finish it pretty much and I know thats pretty much how everyone else here feels that its the least good (I hate to use the word worst) of all 5 games. Does it baffle you that it is in fact someones favorite?
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:38 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvx4xXhZMrU[/youtube]
This is cool even if I don't understand it.

OL wrote:
Bambi wrote: Wonder if Rising will be Metal Gear's Code Veronica.

What do you mean?

Just that it's not a numbered sequel and is taking a different approach to game play but may prove to be both true to spirit of the series and canonical.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Spokane wrote:Does it baffle you that it is in fact someones favorite?

Different strokes for different folks and all that, I guess. I know Mittens likes AC1 a lot, much of it being because he likes Altair. And the settings are certainly different from the rest of the series, so that could be part of it too. I know I was really excited to see Jerusalem (a place I've actually been to many times in real life) when I first played it. I actually kind of wish they'd make another one with a Middle Eastern setting like this.

EDIT: Looks like my Gun Hazard order just shipped...
Oh happy day. :D
Should probably finish some projects I'm working on first, but I think I'll be jumping right into Gun Hazard after those are through.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Calshot » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Fire Emblem prices have shot up like crazy. I'm hoping they die down and settle after the Fire Emblem: Awakening storm ends.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Bambi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Last edited by Bambi on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bambi has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Rakim
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Bambi wrote: Just that it's not a numbered sequel and is taking a different approach to game play but may prove to be both true to spirit of the series and canonical.

Didn't Code Veronica kind of start out as a potential Resident Evil 3 before becoming a side story? (before title names had to be swapped to meet contractual obligations with Sony for an additional main series entry on the PSX)
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Riku Rose wrote: People whine on the Internet but company's don't give a fuck because they still get your money and that's all they want. It makes me laugh how people bitch about games with an online pass or DRM but still buy them. Best way to get your point across is just not support it or the company. If you claim to hate these practises but still pay for them then you really can't feel that strongly about it.

Maybe you keep missing this point.

Sure there are people who buy a game then buy the DLC and complain the whole time, BUT does them not doing it matter? Is there a way to track who did or did not?

It doesn't matter if 9 people buy a game but no DLC if the publisher can get one person to buy everything. If 1 Person buys 100$ worth of DLC who will the publisher listen to, the 9 people who hated it and got rid of the game after being duped into buying it, or the 1 who paid for everything?

Mass Effect 3 was promoted as the ending to the trilogy, and a game that would decisively end the storyline. A lot of people didn't get closure from it, not because they weren't looking for it, but even the designers admitted wasn't really there. You're going to tell those people who specifically wanted something from a product, bought the product and found out they were lied to to stop complaining cause they had no right?

Now to make this worse, there is paid DLC for this game. Lets say the vocal majority (and according to Bioware the majority of players considering somewhere around 50% didn't even finish the game) traded the game in. EA made money off them already, Lets say thats 60% of 1 million. Now lets say that the remaining 400,000 bought all the DLC and spend around 30$(thats just the last 2 theres actually around 50-60$ worth of DLC) extra on the game. So Boware just made 12,000,000 on the minority of their fanbase.

So if the majority of people DO NOT support a practice it might still turn a massive profit, thus negating the majority entirely.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... s-effect-2
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bambi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:30 pm

Sonikku wrote:
Bambi wrote: Just that it's not a numbered sequel and is taking a different approach to game play but may prove to be both true to spirit of the series and canonical.

Didn't Code Veronica kind of start out as a potential Resident Evil 3 before becoming a side story? (before title names had to be swapped to meet contractual obligations with Sony for an additional main series entry on the PSX)

Yes indeed.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming