Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Tales Series

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:14 pm

True, but this has game play, and battles. I thought Tales only had 1 team? At any rate, its impressive how many quality games they have come out with since Xillia, even though they arent SUPER high quality, but still.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Tales of Berseria announced for the West along with some other Namco Bandi games:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/ ... aystation/
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:24 am

phpBB [video]

Well Berseria looks more and more promising, I like where this one is headed. Japanese release date is August 18th, I would expect an early 2017 release in the west.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:46 pm

the names just keep getting dumber and dumber
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Apparently Namco likes to invent words :lol:

But seriously, this game looks interesting, and has a different vibe than the more recent Tales games, different direction and the characters seem better. Changes this series need seem to be coming true for this game, so im glad they are mixing it up a bit.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:21 pm

phpBB [video]
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Raithos » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:48 pm

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby OL » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Been awhile since I had a legitimate craving to play a Tales game. Used to be one of my favorites, now I'm kind of indifferent. Still haven't played Zestiria.
Maybe this demo will help. Definitely gonna try it later.

Also, have to say, it's nice to see so many demos lately. For the longest time, it seemed like there were no new demos on PSN, but now we've gotten ones for Gravity Rush 2, Nier: Atomata, and this all in the span of a couple weeks. Keep that stuff coming.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:13 pm

I have pre-ordered one of the 10,000 print run Collectors Edition of Berseria through GameStop. $150 though (I missed preordering it through Amazon)... good grief. It will be worth it in the end though :mrgreen:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Yeah I remember when you could count on there being a demo for a new release. Sad that we get excited for demos now lol. I'm quick to buy something I tried and liked, and I'm sure most people are. Not sure why companies got away from it other than deadlines and things of that nature.

Yeah I was lucky enough to place my order back when they were on Amazon. Then when it went up at Best Buy (for the points + GCU discount). Haven't canceled my Amazon order yet for some reason.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Raithos wrote: Yeah I remember when you could count on there being a demo for a new release. Sad that we get excited for demos now lol. I'm quick to buy something I tried and liked, and I'm sure most people are. Not sure why companies got away from it other than deadlines and things of that nature..

Maybe games sell better when people have only seen trailers than when they get to try them?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:46 pm

^ Personally, I think demos kind of only make sense when the game has not been released yet. If the game is already on the market, you can read a review for it or watch it on Youtube. A review will cover the entire game, not just a fraction of it. And demos also don't necessarily show what the actual finished game is like.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: ^ Personally, I think demos kind of only make sense when the game has not been released yet. If the game is already on the market, you can read a review for it or watch it on Youtube. A review will cover the entire game, not just a fraction of it. And demos also don't necessarily show what the actual finished game is like.

Yeah but with pre-orders being such a big thing now they need to have a lot of faith in their game to release a demo beforehand.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Demos mean almost next to nothing these days as most of them are very different from the final product. But as far as this demo goes, its probably more likely to be a decent representation of the actual game, especially given that its come out so close to release (almost makes you wonder why they would release a demo at this point at all).
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:19 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Demos mean almost next to nothing these days as most of them are very different from the final product.

In that they're shorter? :P Which drastically differing demos are you talking about?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming