Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Tales Series

Postby Raithos » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Nope, we only went back n forth on this page really. My last post was an honest question too. I see him constantly finding reasons to have debates, even over silly things. I meant no offense by anything I said, which is why I wrote that statement about if you don't enjoy something let it go. There were no personal jabs from me or anything, and I already said I wasn't going to argue about it. Then the childish
Himuro wrote:Always love it when someone feels personally attacked when someone doesn't like the same toy they like. :-({|=

Out of no where, begging for someone to argue with him. So my response was an honest question. Why come and post on here if you are just going to look for something to argue or bicker with someone about? Or take a normal conversation to a childish level and post :-({|=
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Huh? You came at me first. You seem and seemed perfectly unwilling to accept a non favorable view of the game. Saying I don't like change, and that how some people have different opinions (no shit). The fact that you carry a notion, or imply, that people who don't like the game are not worth discussing it is the sticking point for me, which is a common opinion on the Internet, especially on gamer circles. "Don't like the game? Get out" is a very common argument on game forums. It quells discussion, and makes entire threads nothing but circle jerks over the game where no one is allowed to say anything bad about the game. My criticisms were and are very valid, and your posts seethed with "if you can't say anything positive about the game, don't say anything at all". You can read over your previous posts and try to pinpoint what I'm referring to.

I merely found it funny how you were so willing to act like having a dissenting opinion on the game was oh so awful, and that I offended you because I think a game you like is trash. That's all. I didn't start an argument over anything. You were the person came in and made grand statements about how "not everyone agrees!"
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Raithos wrote: Nope, we only went back n forth on this page really.

Yeah, last page then. I wasnt just talking about you though, I was also in it a couple posts before yours if you read back. I just simply stopped responding because seemed pointless to have 2 members replying to each other over and over, someone eventually has to stop responding and I dont wanna be the guy that just goes on and on about the same shit.

I think we have a new Dojo ass hole in Himura, I'll inform Dorian to pass over the torch ;-)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Himuro » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:40 pm

I'm not an asshole at all.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:41 pm

:rotflmao:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Unfortunately I don't think you get to decide that Himuro.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Himuro » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:42 pm

*shrug*

Nerds will be nerds I guess. Boo hoo.
Last edited by Himuro on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Raithos » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:43 pm

Nope, no one came at you with anything, for real. I have no problem with someone not liking a game. When I said people have different opinions I was referring to the story, which you said was shit. I said I didn't think so, but everyone has their opinion. I never implied once, that someone who doesn't like a game isn't worth discussing it with. The discussion itself is, because opinions are just that. I said your opinion is yours to have, why would someone try to change that? No one told you to get out, not once. I gave you a valid thought, since you really, really didn't like the game that maybe it was time to let games go. Seemed like there was more to it than just this game lol. You said yourself that you were trying to recap old feelings you had before and that you just don't enjoy them like you used to.

I don't need to re read anything. I honestly think you read too much into something I said, and took it for something I didn't mean. Your opinion isn't the first to differ from mine on here, I don't go around arguing with folks. Unless your name is Ryudo and hate coop in games lol
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Himuro » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:44 pm

Okay then.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:37 pm

This is getting awkward now... dont be on the denfensive so much Himuro. No need to defend every single point you make and be dis-respectful to others and talk down to them in the process.

I was teasing about the ass hole thing, but I was reminded of one our other/past members by you lately, and as it turns out im one of the only people around here that even talk to that guy still even though Dorian (the member I am reffering) is a grump that has alot of knowledge about games but in reality hates most of them when he plays them and really tears into their faults. I still respect his knowledge and know how though, and the same goes for you.

I just feel like you are kind of assuming our intentions when we post certain things in this topic that differ from your opinion. I know I for one and many other members arent trying to call you out, or just tell you you are wrong, we dont behave like youtube commenters around here

idk if its because of what happened in other topics, or if you think this is the way you should respond to us because you have some predetermined notion of how the members on these forums are, but I just feel like something is really off about you lately, I had a great time with you doing the twitch stream back in july, and I wanna see that Himuro again. Shoot me a PM if u wanna talk about anything. Peace. :)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:39 pm

I think most of use had some sort of mental defensive mechanism that allowed us to block Dorian out of our memories.

south carmain has received a thanks from: OL
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:32 am

I still have somewhere in my PM's a bunch of messages where he was giving me shit excuses for why he can't get a job. When someone has to use a GIF in every post and the only thing they can mention about themselves is that they're gay it just shows how little personality they actually have. Honestly never understood why some liked him at all I never see one post that made him seem a pleasant person, he just seemed the type of person who would rather complain about stuff then look to fix what was wrong.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:26 am

New trailer for Tales of Berseria

phpBB [video]

I'm surprised how far along in development this is, they arent even taking a break to see how fans react just marching straight into development of the next game. Anyway I like the visual style of the character models, this one seems to be a bit darker than some of the recent releases.

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Do my eyes deceive me?
Is that a genuinely different direction for a Tales game I see?!
Shocked. Really.

That actually looks pretty cool. I mean, the vibrant landscapes and cheesy anime characters are still there, but at least there's a sort of gothic groove going on with the protagonist and the story itself, it seems. That's cool.
Though I do have to say, she looks exactly like if you crossed Milla Maxwell from Xillia with Rutee Katrea from Tales of Destiny, then added a dash of Vampirella. Seriously, that's the exact comparison that came to mind almost immediately.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:35 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
I'm surprised how far along in development this is, they arent even taking a break to see how fans react just marching straight into development of the next game.

I think they were actually working on them side by side. Remember we saw a short teaser trailer and concept art for Beseria before Zesteria even released.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming