Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Kintor » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:59 am

So, Rez Infinite finally arrived in the mail today:

The whole internet should be exactly like this!

Rez for everybody! Put a VR headset in every home!

Make every webpage and every forum an exercise in digital synaesthesia!

... *ahem*

Anyway, I could have bought the digital version but I ordered the physical copy from iam8bit because I really wanted a Rez Infinite disc to add to my collection. It was worth the wait, Rez Infinite is easily the best game on PlayStation VR right now. Not too shabby for a 16 year old Dreamcast game.

Kintor has received 4 thanks from: Monkei, myshtuff, Raithos, Sonikku
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Raithos » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

I FINALLY got my copy from them not too long ago as well, and the original release date was October. My brother is still waiting on his No Man's Sky Explorer's Edition too. He used to order Vinyls from them as well, multiple month long delays, damaged goods, etc. They tried to say he should of paid for better shipping, when it was their third rate packaging that didn't protect it. Not to mention they charged me $10-12 for expedited (all that offered when pre-orders for REZ first went live) and ended up shipping it to me using $3 media mail. It literally said $3.XX Media Mail on the shipping sticker. Took two weeks after it shipped to make it to my house. First and last item I order them lol. iam8bit is a shit company.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Kintor
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kintor » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Yeah, I'm not impressed that it's taken so long for Rez Infinite to be shipped. Judging by the comments from their Facebook page, these kinds of delays are a common occurrence. It's appalling that they can't get their act together.

Furthermore, I paid for the expensive international shipping, as it was the only option available. Yet what they actually sent was a cheap airmail satchel with no extra padding inside. By the time Rez Infinite arrived at my door the package was rattling badly, which is never a good sign. I opened the case to discover that the disc had come loose in transit and was now bouncing around unprotected. I'm just glad Blu-rays have an extra layer of anti-scratch protection, because my copy of Rez Infinite managed to somehow survive the journey unharmed.

I agree - I'll never order something from iam8bit again.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby OL » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:05 pm

Batch o' preorders.

ImageImageImage

Gravity Rush and Yakuza are out this month, but Styx unfortunately isn't out until March. All the same, wanted to support it early. Almost done with the first Styx game now, and I'm already excited as hell for the sequel.

OL has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Monkei, Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:33 pm

Kintor wrote: So, Rez Infinite finally arrived in the mail today:

The whole internet should be exactly like this!

Rez for everybody! Put a VR headset in every home!

Make every webpage and every forum an exercise in digital synaesthesia!

... *ahem*

Anyway, I could have bought the digital version but I ordered the physical copy from iam8bit because I really wanted a Rez Infinite disc to add to my collection. It was worth the wait, Rez Infinite is easily the best game on PlayStation VR right now. Not too shabby for a 16 year old Dreamcast game.

Still waiting to try out VR. Maybe someday. :)
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:59 am

Monkei has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby GT-Racer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:51 pm

Building a new PC for gaming, because my old one died, I salvaged the CPU from it and put together this PC:

CPU: FX 6300 Black Edition @ 4.5 GHz
GPU: HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 as a stopgap. I bought a MSI Gaming X RX 480 8 GB and it is arriving tomorrow
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + 2 TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD
Mobo: MSI 970 Gaming
PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold rated
Case: Corsair Carbide 400R
Case Fans: 6 X Corsair AF120 Blue LED Quiet Edition
Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry 3 Touchscreen
Monitor: LG 29UB65 Ultrawide
Peripherals: Azio MGK-1 mechanical keyboard, Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury mouse, Thrustmaster GPX Lightback joystick.

As for games, I am currently playing Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 on PCSX2. Will start Doom and WatchDogs 2 tomorrow once I install the GPU.
GT-Racer
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Project CARS

Re: Latest Purchases

Postby Coromasta » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:16 pm

12 dreamcast games +
ImageImageImageImage

Already finished Re4 going on to
until dawn now.

Edit: whoops wrong thread (Edit: not no more it ain't :nice!:), o well might as well leave it here 8-[

Coromasta has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:51 pm

I skipped this last year but now finally I'm going to see what's the hype is all about on this one (PS4):

And I've picked up this beautiful history of Shenmue hardcover book this week:

sand4fish has received 5 thanks from: Coromasta, Monkei, Mr357, Raithos, Sonikku
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Thief » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:41 am

I've wanted this for a while and finally went ahead and bought it. I'm still on the lookout for a cheap copy of Bayonetta 2 (that comes bundled with Bayonetta 1, since only the first printing did).

Thief has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, Coromasta, Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Coromasta » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Got a cheap dreamcast + Shenmue II and timestalkers today, good way to start the weekend.
Coromasta

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:57 am

Thought I best get my order for Zelda down as I can imagine a Twilight Princess situation where unless you preordered it for Gamecube you was fucked.

Riku Rose has received 3 thanks from: myshtuff, OL, Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby myshtuff » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:02 pm

I went a little overboard these last few weeks, but fuck it I haven't bought games in forever and I am about to get my yearly bonus.

Got an original model PS4 with a 1TB HDD off ebay. I can finally join everyone in the year 2014 and play PS4 games.

Pre-ordered Yakuza 0

Tokyo Xtreme Racer for DC

Cosmic Smash. Been wanting this game for a loooooong time. So good.

Behar Bros Toro VGA Box

Atlona VGA to HDMI Converter

Yeah I am gonna be busy for a little while... :rotflmao:

myshtuff has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Mr357, OL, Raithos
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:42 pm

I've gone a little nuts lately with game buys. Had a weird compulsion to get a lot of handheld stuff, some other things.

The 3rd Birthday (PSP, digital on the Vita)
Adventures of Mana (Vita, digital)
Dokuro (Vita, digital)
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Ghost Trick (DS)
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (DS)
Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (3DS)
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (3DS)
Iron Combat: War in the Air (3DS, digital)
Strider (PS4, digital)
Beyond Good and Evil HD (PS3, digital)

Strider and BG&E were on the recent PSN sale, so they were just quick impulse buys that cost next to nothing.
Iron Combat was an oddity I've always had my eye on, a weird little Zone of the Enders-clone on 3DS.
SMTIV: Apocalypse and Devil Survivor are Megami Tensei, so of course I had to get them eventually (I'll buy just about anything in the series, outside of all these dumbass Persona offshoots they started making).
Dragoneer's Aria is just kind of a random JRPG that I used to have on PSP, and decided I needed to re-buy it (was dirt cheap for a sealed copy, despite being a decade old, and the art style is gorgeous as hell).
I was reminded of Ghost Trick in another topic (thanks sand4fish), and remembered it was always one I intended to try, but never did. Luckily sealed copies are still surprisingly inexpensive (came as a shock, considering its status as one of those incredibly well-reviewed-yet-niche-as-hell games; those things usually end ups as serious wallet-busters).
Always meant to eventually get Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. One day I'll delve into that series fully, since it's obviously the kind of non-cliche JRPG fare that I tend to end up loving (just gotta get the right mood).
Adventures of Mana, I was always a bit disappointed in myself that I didn't support this immediately upon its release; a freakin' Mana game, a rare indulgence out of SquareEnix, and I failed to support it right at the start. Had to make up for that.
I was reminded of The 3rd Birthday when Henry and I were talking about favorite PSP game in another topic. Always meant to eventually get it digitally so I could play it on the Vita and actually put the second thumbstick to use. Plays wonderfully, and it was always a really underrated game in my eyes anyway (best shooter on the system, put down because of crying fanboys). Really deserves an HD remaster.
And lastly, Dokuro was a really random one. Ultra-obscure, super-quirky, on sale for somewhere around 2 bucks... turns out it's pretty awesome altogether. Very htoL#NiQ-esque, and I loved the hell out of that game. The chalkboard style of the graphics is very cool.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:37 pm

I'm not that into amiibos, but i had to pick up the windwaker link/zelda combo since windwaker is one of my favorite games. Plus, I think they look pretty great in front of my gamecube collection.

Thief has received 4 thanks from: myshtuff, OL, Raithos, Sonikku
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming