Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:47 pm

What a nostalgic feeling playing this underground title. This is indeed SERIOUS FUN Natsume. Well done.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: OL
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:23 pm

I just brought Conan exiles and started playing it. I spawned, some dude ran up and looked at my boobies, then another guy ran up and killed me with an axe while I was crafting some clothes. Then the game crashed.

10/10 game
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:16 am

Finally preordered Nioh (about time, it's out in a few days), and impulse-bought Chase while browsing the Nintendo e-shop (only $5.99, and since my interest in story-heavy adventure games has been reignited by Ghost Trick, it was an easy choice).

OL has received 2 thanks from: Henry Spencer, Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:29 am

Its like the past 20 years of Omega Force games were building up to this. They edit it together with bits of the movie trilogy and it looks great, with tightened up Warriors game play. Its so good.

Raithos has received 2 thanks from: Henry Spencer, OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:16 pm

^The roster is sooooo small though. I'm kinda waiting for a bit to see if they decide to do a revised edition with more characters.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:48 am

Even if the only playable character were just Guts I would still be happy, the others are just bonus the way im looking at it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:33 pm

They don't even let you play as Skull Knight or Silat.
Biiig mistake. This is a Musou/Warriors game after all, they should give you more options than just a few characters since the gameplay can get repetitive real quick. [-X

I think they'll do a revision in the future, as they always tend to do (Berserk Xtreme Edition or whatever they'll call it).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:14 pm

With the side-games in the Warriors style (such as Fist of the North Star, One-Piece, or Gundam), I think they're usually more likely to do a straight-up sequel. Ken's Rage 2, Pirate Warriors 2 and 3, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 and 3, and so on. Usually completely new games. They do the Xtreme versions and whatnot with the mainline Dynasty and Samurai Warriors games, but not so much with the others.
They might do another Berserk, but I would guess it'd take a couple years, so there's probably no reason not to try this one now (or in a few months when the price drops). If another comes out, it'll probably be entirely new scenarios, or "reimagined" versions of the ones they've done.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:57 am

Yeah if it was Samurai Warriors or something like that I would expect a large roster for sure. But since its Berserk as long as I can spill blood with Gutz and Griffith I'm good. I honestly don't feel like I'm missing anything. If there was a true coop mode then it would make more sense to have more available to play as. Plus since it actually got localized I would support it even if it was just Gutz :)
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:16 pm

Oh well, price drop it is then. Too much else out at the moment anyway. Tecmo disappointed me with the limited character roster. Was hoping to wreck shit with Skull Knight (just imagining playing as him during the Eclipse...would have been beyond magnificent). And all of those weapon choices with Silat would have been nice, just seem like missed opportunities.

Just bought this:

Just got Nier: Automata off the Hong Kong PSN, I couldn't wait for it (Asia gets it two weeks ahead of the rest of the world, with English text and voices, so it's the localized version we'd get anyway). The opening section was a nice surprise. :D

Henry Spencer has received 3 thanks from: Axm, OL, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Axm » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Was considering buying it at the store here in Japan yesterday but I had already preordered Horizon which comes out next week anyways.
These PS4 releases are just too overwhelming atm.
My XB one continues to grow a pound of dust as I wait for it to get a single must have game.
I'd sell the thing but can't help keep it while its still alive. Scorpio better bring some killer exclusive launch games to help the Xbone out or else its sold towards a PSVR or Switch.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Took advantage of that Phoenix Wright sale on the eShop.
I already bought Dual Destinies a couple weeks ago, and I was planning on Spirit of Justice eventually. Was going to skip the Trilogy collection since I already have them on DS.
But since they're all marked down right now, I went ahead and got both Spirit of Justice and the Trilogy. Great deal right now, practically half off.
Also got Romancing Saga 2 for iPhone. Not big on mobile gaming, but that one seemed worth the support. I've never played far into the Saga series in general, but I do like what I have experienced/seen, and I think Square needs to be shown a bit further that it's okay to do something other than Final Fantasy every now and then. Plus, it's a Super Famicom game that never made it over here back in the day. I'm always behind that kind of thing 100% (half the reason I bought an original DS so many years ago was for Front Mission and Shiren the Wanderer).

OL has received 2 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:23 am

Finally brought Rome Total War II. There was so much disdain towards this game among Total War fans when it was released. After finally playing it, I am not entirely sure why, I am enjoying it as much as I did with the first Rome Total War game. My only main gripe is that the combat is nowhere near realistic (I am a bit of a history nerd) and devolves into a stupid APM starcraft-like clickfest pretty fast, which is the exact opposite of what roman battles should be. Naval battles are a complete joke, but naval battles were pretty underwhelming during that time period (compared to the height of the British empire, at least) so I never really cared about that. What bothers me the most is that the AI completely shits on your nicely made formations, and the automatic formations in game are complete shit (why is everyone forced shoulder to shoulder in the acies formation? That the the exact opposite of what that formation is supposed to be. The entire point was to space the units apart so units in the back could travel between the gaps if necessary. The shitty way the game does the acies formations makes shit harder than it should be). The troops almost immediately cluster together and fuck up the spacing as soon as you start moving, forcing you to constantly micromanage. I downloaded a few mods that is supposedly makes combat a bit more realistic, though. Won't be able to try them out until tomorrow evening. Pretty excited about the mod that allows you to rotate out troops so the front lines are always refreshed.

The animations and individual unit details are amazing, though. I often go down to the ground level just to hear the random unit chatter and admire the armor of every individual soldier. Really impressed with that attention to detail. Even in combat you could see individuals doing kill animations on other individuals.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:52 pm

On sale for €5, been curious about this for a while. Looks gorgeous. One of the physics-based puzzles was kinda frustrating so far (I played through the first five stages), but all in all it's really fun.

Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:04 am

Comes with an art book.
And that other thing to the left was a preorder bonus paper file protector thing if you wanna be an otaku about it.
Hyped to play on my PS4 Pro.

Axm has received a thanks from: Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming