Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Thief » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:42 am

The saturn pad is probably my second favorite controller, but it's a little uncomfortable to hold (thanks to its angles) and it's much too easy to accidentally press the L or R buttons. A great controller, but not quite as good as the SNES one, in my opinion.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:42 am

Bambi wrote: Image

Following a break from gaming I decided I wanted to ease myself back into things with something nice and short. Instead I picked this and the expansion up. 7 hours in (I can only play around an hour at night) and I'm still in the first area doing side quests and gathering herbs... :rotflmao:

Ease yourself in??

One of the greatest games ever made, but dude if you are playing for an hour a night, you will have finished Shenmue 3 before you finish The Wild Hunt. :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Mr357 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:34 pm

Thief wrote: The saturn pad is probably my second favorite controller, but it's a little uncomfortable to hold (thanks to its angles) and it's much too easy to accidentally press the L or R buttons. A great controller, but not quite as good as the SNES one, in my opinion.

Which version are you referring to? The model 2 Saturn controller is easily the best ever made (excluding ones that have analog sticks).
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bambi » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Regarding controllers, am I the only person that didn't mind the original Xbox controller? :lol:

Received this as a gift from my girlfriend, I have played quite far into it on the GC and Wii but never got around to finishing it. ](*,) it's currently 65% off in the RE Steam sale.

Peter wrote:
Bambi wrote: Image

Following a break from gaming I decided I wanted to ease myself back into things with something nice and short. Instead I picked this and the expansion up. 7 hours in (I can only play around an hour at night) and I'm still in the first area doing side quests and gathering herbs... :rotflmao:

Ease yourself in??

One of the greatest games ever made, but dude if you are playing for an hour a night, you will have finished Shenmue 3 before you finish The Wild Hunt. :lol:

Agreed. I went looking for suggestions from my friends and one of them really sold me on it. It's definitely not the short and casual like I was looking for but it's exactly the type of game I enjoy. In either case I'm trying to embrace my lack of available play time and take my time enjoying side quests etc.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Thief » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Mr357 wrote:
Thief wrote: The saturn pad is probably my second favorite controller, but it's a little uncomfortable to hold (thanks to its angles) and it's much too easy to accidentally press the L or R buttons. A great controller, but not quite as good as the SNES one, in my opinion.

Which version are you referring to? The model 2 Saturn controller is easily the best ever made (excluding ones that have analog sticks).

The same one he pictured. I'm not saying the Saturn controller is bad, just that I think the SNES pad is slightly better. It comes down to preference in the end, but I just find the saturn pad slightly uncomfortable to hold and don't really like the L+R buttons because I tend to press them accidentally.

Bambi wrote: Regarding controllers, am I the only person that didn't mind the original Xbox controller?

I liked it too, it felt snug in my hands. Just didn't like how the face buttons didn't make a perfect diamond :P
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:22 am

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Got myself FFXV and popped it into my XB1. Installed the bloody massive disk content (think it was about 44GB) reasonably quickly. Game launches. "This game needs an update! Update size 13.35GB.". :???: :cry:

Just been told it needs another update, 7.4GB this time. :roll:

How about NO!? FUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX! I want to play it NOW, so you made me make my XBox "go offline" just to play a fucking game? 7.4GB isn't pocket change, what kind of fucking "update" needs to be so massive? How about you cunts develop your games properly the first time instead, save us all the bandwidth?

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Mr357
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:57 pm

^ You need a better connection Elmo. :lol:

Monkei has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:45 pm

We both do. I'm sitting on 2 up and 1 down. Time Warner Cable was rolling out speed upgrades at no additional cost for the first time in years but Spectrum bought them out and put the breaks on it. ](*,)
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kintor » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:26 am

So, I've just managed to pre-order a new 16-bit beat-em-up game for my Mega Drive:

(Warning: Extreme epilepsy risk)
phpBB [video]

I'm quite fond of WaterMelon Games, not only do they continue to create Indy games for the Mega Drive they also manufacture new cartridges so you can play their games on the original Sega hardware.

I also bought the Pier Solar reprint cartridge when it was released. I can tell you now it's a heady feeling being able to open and play a brand new Mega Drive game in the 21st century. I expect great things from Paprium.

Kintor has received a thanks from: Raithos
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Raithos » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:34 am

Yep I ordered mine yesterday as well. I've got Pier Solar, Sacred Line and Papi Commando from them. The later two weren't developed by them but they did the manufacturing/publishing. High quality products for sure.

Sonikku wrote:I'm sitting on 2 up and 1 down.

Raithos has received 2 thanks from: Kintor, Sonikku
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kintor » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:43 am

Raithos wrote: Yep I ordered mine yesterday as well. I've got Pier Solar, Sacred Line and Papi Commando from them. The later two weren't developed by them but they did the manufacturing/publishing. High quality products for sure.

Cool, those are some great additions to your Mega Drive library. I thought about getting Sacred Line and Papi Commando at the time but wasn't sure since they were from other developers. Still, glad to hear that WaterMelon Games has maintained consistently high quality production values throughout.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Kintor wrote: (Warning: Extreme epilepsy risk)
phpBB [video]

I welcome that kind of epilepsy lol. What an awesome trailer! Pure 90's Sega TV ad vibe. I guess now I have to pre-order a copy myself. Thanks Kintor!
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:21 pm

This will get you 5% off anything in the store just fyi "11215855". Sure you already purchased though lol I didn't know anyone here would be buying or I would have posted this before. I shared my 10% off (for being Pier Solar KS backer) code to my friend but it failed to work for him.

Raithos has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby sand4fish » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Lucky I didn't purchase it yet lol. Thanks Raithos! The code worked.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Raithos
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:24 pm

No problem!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"