Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:25 pm

duh... as I said its ridiculous. And I havent heard that game is as good as that cover is making it out to be anyway, I hear good but not great, or great but not perfect. I havent played it for myself, but im pretty sure its over rated (by metacritic and gamerankings standards anyway), and that box art is obviously drowning itself in that.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:31 pm

I was mainly responding because of the "fuck The Last of Us" part, as if it should be held against the game and dev.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:48 pm

fuck it aaallllll haha
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Opinions will vary of course, and there will always be someone who doesn't like something, but I assure you TLOU is not over rated, and most of all not just... The Walking Dead lol. That game will be remembered, and rightfully so.

edit: but that cover is ridiculous lol
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:00 pm

to be honest, I like naughty dog. I really like uncharted. I just think they have let The Last of Us go to there head. I was saddened when I heard they jumped on the zombie apocalypse band wagon, which I am absolutely sick and tired of seeing. I like it in Resident Evil, but Resident Evil also started doing it 15 years ago, before it got wildly popular. Everyone doing it now is simply trying to cash in, nothing more. I just didnt expect naughty dog to join the ranks is all, because most of their other games are pretty original. It was an unusual release for them, but some how it turned into a blockbuster game that sold very well. I can only hope Naughty Dog doesnt sell out further after this though... damn sony for making them create something the drone masses were sure to flock to... I digress, gaming now a days :/
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:04 pm

This is one game you guys have to play before judging AG, its about as far from the typical zombie bandwagon as it can get. I'm tired of all the zombie crap my self, but this game bleeds originality from start to finish. And IMO, the writing was light years beyond Uncharted. The interaction between Joel and Ellie is unmatched, two of my favorite characters of any game last gen. This was no cheap cash in or sell out on their part, the game literally pushed the PS3 to its absolute limits, and showed just how good Naughty Dog can be when they stray from the easy path of sequels. Sony didn't make them design something for the drone masses :lol:. You should try it out man, cheap now on PS3. Or try the 1080p one if you get that PS4. Comes with the DLC and everything. I'll be buying the remastered one right along side my white PS4.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Axm
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Meh, unfortunately all I can really do is judge from the outside looking in based on what I know. I really dont have much interest in that game, I am sure its as cinematically stunning as was uncharted (atleast I think thats what it was going for), just uncharted appeals to me alot more. I like the treasure hunter aspects in uncharted, its a true action adventure game and shoot em up, its got locales that I enjoy. Uncharted 2 was just blissful game in story and presentation (I still have not played 3 yet, but I am planning on buying it and playing it before summer ends). last of us just doesnt appeal much to me from what I have seen of it, the game looks visually stunning, i'll give it that. I guess I just dont really care for its art direction and aesthetics on top of everything else.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:44 pm

100% Play it first. Judge it later.
The game really is easily top 3 in overall quality for last gen.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:22 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Meh, unfortunately all I can really do is judge from the outside looking in based on what I know.

Honestly you shouldn't be judging a game unless you have experienced it. Through the trailers you should be able to judge if it's something you would enjoy or want to play but you're talking as if you've played it and know it inside and out. If you've not played it how can you say that people are over hyping it and giving it to high a score? After playing it you may feel it's overrated but I would say it was easily the best game of last year that I played and one of the best of the generation/ever. There are even people on this forum who didn't enjoy it but I'm pretty sure they played it.

OL wrote: It looks like a fantastic game and all, don't get me wrong, but from everything I've seen and heard... it's The Walking Dead.

I'd say it's more like The Road but good and with a kid that's actually ok and doesn't piss you off the entire time.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Thief » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:18 am

I thought the story was presented rather well and I liked the ending... but the gameplay was kinda "ok" at best. Played like a very limited MGS title with almost zero re-playability. If I were to ever want to play "The Last of Us" again it would be for the story -- in which case I would just go to youtube.

EDIT: I think the across the board 10/10 thing it has going is a bit much -- but it was certainly a very fun experience. I'd recommend everyone play it.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: Meh, unfortunately all I can really do is judge from the outside looking in based on what I know.

Honestly you shouldn't be judging a game unless you have experienced it. Through the trailers you should be able to judge if it's something you would enjoy or want to play but you're talking as if you've played it and know it inside and out. If you've not played it how can you say that people are over hyping it and giving it to high a score? After playing it you may feel it's overrated but I would say it was easily the best game of last year that I played and one of the best of the generation/ever. There are even people on this forum who didn't enjoy it but I'm pretty sure they played it.

I specifically said I hadnt played it, and in that very quote I say im judging it from the outside looking in, so no, I am not judging as if I have played it, and made it clear that wasnt the case. I judged it based on the trailers and game play footage I had seen, and i determined it wasnt for me, and no you dont have to play the entire game to get the gist of what its going to be like, if I didnt like what I saw in the media I view, why would I play it? so my statements stand. and I dont get why it or the whole zombie premise has gained so much momentum but im tired of it, so much so that any game or media featuring zombies makes me instantly lose all interest. Its ok guys, its just one mans opinion, yall go like it all you want. My opinion is still my own.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Thats all well and good AG, but you should still try it. Actually it's less of a Zombie game and more of a Monster and Human vs. Human game because theirs really no classical style "zombies" in this like their would be in classic Resident Evil or The Walking Dead. It's different.. I've never heard of anyone who says they legitimately didnt like it who I didnt think was already a pure Xbox fanboy out to take the game down a peg or two for being a hyped Playstation exclusive.
Unless ofcourse, Action/Survival Horror games just arent their thing. Then I guess thats understandable, yet unfortunate..
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:05 pm

^ yeah the "zombies" in the game were actually very scarce. Most of the time your enemies were humans.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Fucking lol.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Sonikku
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:26 am

I didn't like what I played of the game, I have to say. Got around three hours into it and didn't like the characters at all. But that's just me, I'm obviously in the minority, since it's gaming's Citizen Kane.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming