Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:42 pm

I just bought one of the revised PS4 controllers that came out with the Slims. Had no idea they even made new controllers for it, and it was only $39 on amazon today so shoot, why not?

Also bought Windows 8.1 for my Desktop, I will finally be able to PC Game again after literally years of my Desktop not working correctly.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Just curious, why will moving to 8.1 solve the problems you're having with the PC? Didn't you mention before you couldn't get it connected to your home network? A WiFi card or something?

Also, you can get Windows 10 for $25 right now. Just fyi in case you paid more than that for 8.1. That will allow you access to all the Xbox Play Anywhere titles.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:55 pm

Where is Windows 10 for $25? and if its a download, it doesnt matter for me anyway, I need physical media because I cant even take that computer online. I went for 8.1 because the cheapest I could find a Windows 10 USB (it cant be OEM mind you) was like $110, and I paid $80 for a new 8.1 on ebay, not sure exactly how this desktop is going to work after sitting for so long (hoping my liquid cooling system doesnt explode and fuck all my hardware from sitting or something crazy) so I was trying to spend the least amount on Windows. Been a long time since that computer has even been turned on.

to answer your question AVG update fucked Windows 7 in like 2014 and my Desktop has been collecting dust ever since :/
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:59 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I just bought one of the revised PS4 controllers that came out with the Slims. Had no idea they even made new controllers for it, and it was only $39 on amazon today so shoot, why not?

Also bought Windows 8.1 for my Desktop, I will finally be able to PC Game again after literally years of my Desktop not working correctly.

Have you noticed any difference at all with the new controller beside the light bar on the front?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:18 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Where is Windows 10 for $25? and if its a download, it doesnt matter for me anyway, I need physical media because I cant even take that computer online. I went for 8.1 because the cheapest I could find a Windows 10 USB (it cant be OEM mind you) was like $110, and I paid $80 for a new 8.1 on ebay, not sure exactly how this desktop is going to work after sitting for so long (hoping my liquid cooling system doesnt explode and fuck all my hardware from sitting or something crazy) so I was trying to spend the least amount on Windows. Been a long time since that computer has even been turned on.

to answer your question AVG update fucked Windows 7 in like 2014 and my Desktop has been collecting dust ever since :/

Its digital, but if you have no way to make a USB boot drive yourself it will do ya no good. Ties to a Microsoft account. Can you reinstall 7 with bare bones drivers and connect online that way? At least for now to check your equipment out on a fresh build?

Is your loop custom or an AIO cooler? I'm honestly not sure what affect sitting for so long would have on it. I think its diff if its new in box, but after being used/heated up there's no telling. Scary! It could work perfectly fine for all I know though.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:42 am

Axm wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:I just bought one of the revised PS4 controllers that came out with the Slims. Had no idea they even made new controllers for it, and it was only $39 on amazon today so shoot, why not?

Have you noticed any difference at all with the new controller beside the light bar on the front?

Dont have it in hand yet, it was from amazon, so it should be here soon. Also, now that I think about it, I havent even turned on my PS4 in months and months... Mainly been on the PS3 here lately, trying to finish up my back log PS3 games. I will let you know about the controller once I get my hands on it, but im sure there are other people around that could answer that.

Raithos wrote:Its digital, but if you have no way to make a USB boot drive yourself it will do ya no good. Ties to a Microsoft account. Can you reinstall 7 with bare bones drivers and connect online that way? At least for now to check your equipment out on a fresh build?

Is your loop custom or an AIO cooler? I'm honestly not sure what affect sitting for so long would have on it. I think its diff if its new in box, but after being used/heated up there's no telling. Scary! It could work perfectly fine for all I know though.

Its probably okay, its not like it got down to freezing temps, my main concern is that it just hasnt moved in a quite a while.

And cant reinstall Windows 7, its boot leg and I have no disc. Thus why I want to upgrade and get on legit 8.1.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:58 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
And cant reinstall Windows 7, its boot leg and I have no disc. Thus why I want to upgrade and get on legit 8.1.

Ahh ok, that makes sense.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:43 am

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/black-friday-sale

Bandai Namco store black friday sale! I just bought the Teepo Plushie from Tales of Xillia for $10 FINALLY GOT HIM!

$25 off the DBZ Xenoverese 2 LE is tempting, but I cant. Darks Souls 3 is 19.99 as well for the day 1 edition, that dark souls figure is crazy expensive, even being on sale O_O
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby BlueMue » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:10 pm

Finally got this sweet game. Still sealed, correct version and for the regular price. That's not as easy as it may seem.

I skipped buying it when it came out and that was a bad idea. I've been hunting this for weeks now as it turns out it's actually a truly limited edition. Sold out everywhere. Even used it hardly turns up and then it's the PEGI version and the codes have been used. The only version like this for sale new in the box is sitting around on eBay for a massively inflated pricetag.

Luckily after a whole bunch of visits to my local GameStop in the last few days I was able to get them to talk to a store in another town that still had the game in stock to transfer it over for me. Difficulty was that it had a preorder on it but I said and they said "bad luck" if you don't pick it up in two months.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mr357 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Raithos wrote:Is your loop custom or an AIO cooler? I'm honestly not sure what affect sitting for so long would have on it. I think its diff if its new in box, but after being used/heated up there's no telling. Scary! It could work perfectly fine for all I know though.

It'll be fine. The fluid that's used in those may not even be water, and if it is, it has anti-freeze and other chemicals in it which will prevent microbe growth. Regardless of how much time has passed, the liquid shouldn't be sludged up or anything.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonikku » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:08 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:And cant reinstall Windows 7, its boot leg and I have no disc.

Get with Ziming. He helped me make a bootable flash drive.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:09 pm

Battlefield 1 (psn sale)
Final Fantasy XV (preorder)
Telltale's Batman (psn sale)

Axm has received a thanks from: Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Raithos has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, Sonikku
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:46 pm

I love that guy's art. Smooth move making it the cover instead of going with some bland cgi render.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Axm
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:19 am

Yeah, that artwork is gorgeous. I havent even read any reviews of the game yet, I havent had time.

Got my new computer chair in the mail today, all I have to do is setup my new desk and chair, install windows on my Desktop (I have my windows 8.1 copy now and product key) then set up my TV which still hasnt been opened yet. I will take pics of everything once its set up, its going to be sweeeeettt.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming