Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby shredingskin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:46 am

I recieved a mail that they have my switch to be picked up, I already got zelda, so let´s see how is everything going.

I also got the ps4 pro with horizon, pretty good game so far (I gave it around 4 hours at a leisure pace). I´ll try to get TLG, FFXV and yakuza 0 (hopefully used, it´s gonna make a really big toll on my wallet).

shredingskin has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Raithos
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby redline » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:02 pm

on ebay today, i bought mgs1 (ps1,mint), mgs hd collection, mgs4, metal gear rising (sealed), mgs4 25 year edition (sealed) - im gonna hold on to the 25 year edition and flog it in 10 years :mrgreen:

i mainly bought the set because im gonna binge play 1,2 & 4
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:08 pm

It has Japanese, English and French subtitles. Switches (lol) based on your account region. Shipped with both a Japanese and English cover. Been wanting a physical copy of this in English since it launched.

ImageImage

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Got myself FFXV and popped it into my XB1. Installed the bloody massive disk content (think it was about 44GB) reasonably quickly. Game launches. "This game needs an update! Update size 13.35GB.". :???: :cry:

This is gonna be a "leave it on overnight" job, on this connection, 13GB is a huge deal! Fucking atrocious. :mad:

The worst part about it is I can't even watch Netflix to pass the time because the Xbox is using most of the bandwidth on a massive "update"!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Christ fucking Jesus, sweet holy mother of twisted fuck. Usually the XB Live connection seems faster than I usually get, but as of now, about 11 hours after I initiated that download, it's still only on 63%. Fucking atrocious. :mad:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:21 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Got myself FFXV and popped it into my XB1. Installed the bloody massive disk content (think it was about 44GB) reasonably quickly. Game launches. "This game needs an update! Update size 13.35GB.". :???: :cry:

This is gonna be a "leave it on overnight" job, on this connection, 13GB is a huge deal! Fucking atrocious. :mad:

The worst part about it is I can't even watch Netflix to pass the time because the Xbox is using most of the bandwidth on a massive "update"!

#First world problems. :(

Sonikku has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Haha the fact I used to use dialup not-so-long ago did cross my mind, and I amused myself imagining the swearing fits I'd have on a daily basis if I still used it! ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:15 pm

I was in the same situation until Oct 2012 when I finally got broadband. I went from 56k to 20 mpbs. Being a PC gamer, I'm embarrassed to admit I was in tears. Was it you that said way back to someone on dial up with a big hdd something like "Wowzers, 500gb hard drive and a dial up connection. Talk about a chastity belt!"? I remember that cracked me up. :lol:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby myshtuff » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:19 pm

The Last Guardian is on sale for $37 on amazon. Just picked that up. Can't wait to start it!
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:52 am

Sonikku wrote: I was in the same situation until Oct 2012 when I finally got broadband. I went from 56k to 20 mpbs. Being a PC gamer, I'm embarrassed to admit I was in tears. Was it you that said way back to someone on dial up with a big hdd something like "Wowzers, 500gb hard drive and a dial up connection. Talk about a chastity belt!"? I remember that cracked me up. :lol:

I think that was whiteShadow, and yeah it was a good one! Shows HOW damned long we've been posting here that back then a 500GB HDD was considered noteworthy! On topic, the 500GB HDD in my XB1 is now about 92% full after all the downloading. MS really missed a beat not putting a 1TB drive in, especially since HDDs are cheap as far as components go, especially at the sort of bulk quantities an overlord like Microsoft could buy them in at!

I think I first got BB in about 2010, and it was a 10Mb fibre connection which was like night and day compared to the 56k!
I moved to a more remote place so I actually get LESS than that now, seven years later! :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Mr. Frozen » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:26 pm

I just got origin access so I could play the Mass Effect Andromeda trial. I watches a few streamers play the game and it seems to be as underwhelming as any other game Bioware released after its acquisition by EA, but Origin access will cost me $5, and gives me 10% off of the full purchase, which will lead to a net savings $1 if I choose to buy the game. If I don't choose to buy the game I am out $5, which really isn't anything to worry about. Nothing to lose trying out the game, and I'll post my feelings on the game after I complete the trial.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:06 pm

Mr. Frozen wrote: I just got origin access so I could play the Mass Effect Andromeda trial. I watches a few streamers play the game and it seems to be as underwhelming as any other game Bioware released after its acquisition by EA, but Origin access will cost me $5, and gives me 10% off of the full purchase, which will lead to a net savings $1 if I choose to buy the game. If I don't choose to buy the game I am out $5, which really isn't anything to worry about. Nothing to lose trying out the game, and I'll post my feelings on the game after I complete the trial.

Buying a Game?! On PC? You've changed, Frozen. :-o
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Mr. Frozen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:44 am

^Yea, these days it is just more convenient for me to buy the game than wait for a crack. Latest versions of denuvo is kicking the ass of a lot of crackers, and you have to wait like a year for a crack.

Anyway, I played the game for a couple of hours and my opinion towards it is turning around. Mass effect is a type of game that you need to be immersed in, and you can't get that same experience while watching streamers play. Especially since streamers try to be entertaining and don't bother to explore and shit cause they would rather waste their time spouting memes and other bullshit instead of playing the game how it is supposed to be played. The kiosk at the very beginning of the game that gives you a bit of backstory is something that every streamer I watched skipped straight over. I am kinda digging the story, even though has been fairly predictable so far. Spoiler:

First thing I thought when I saw the main character's father was that he was going to die, and surprise, he does. It was nowhere near as unexpected as the death in ME1

The game does an ultra shit job at explaining the combat, though. I just finished the beginning tutorial planet and I still have no idea how to control my squadmates' abilities. Can I? Hell if I know. I did experience a bug early on where my camera was stuck in constant sway mode, which made combat a shit ton harder than it was supposed to be.

Anyway, about 9 hours left in my trial. Plenty of more time left for me to figure out if I hate the game or not.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:27 pm

The FFXV that I was bitching about up there was played last night. Just did the tutorials, but the combat seems like quite a potentially huge mess for me already. Not a fan of combo-based combat in games like this. Seems a bit TOO many options for variations of a theme when it comes to attacking also.

Also bought Slime Rancher on Steam. Early access, but still...I really hope they make some BIG improvements to the functionality of it before it's final, because it's barely fit for purpose in a few ways just now. I hope they do too, because it potentially could be a lot of fun with a few changes...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:00 pm

I just got this awesome looking official LP, and feeling like playing the game again.

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, St. Elmo's Fire
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming